• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDown

Banned
What is everyone doing at this very moment. Go:
Right now I'm typing a sci-fi story that I plan to publish as an e-book. I'm not a good writer so $.99 is a fair price. Basically it is sort like Heart of Darkness meets 2001: Space Odyssey with a little bit of Top Gear.

You probably have a large backlog already.
I have for many years, but it never stopped me from being psyched about the numbers.
Poor Steve, I remember when he was young and full of excitement for the future.

Now he's just old.
Gotta go get a colonoscopy and I'm being measured for caskets next week. Gotta get in that retirement village.
Yes. That and the fact that your avatar is an antiquated piece of technology known as a cassette tape.

I have an 8 track player too.

Edit: Wait, what? I missed Phil Collins appreciation?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's just a way to be polite to be honest. We are a great Community but we are also a big one. From all the threads, console wars, Steam Sales, and many others we can see all type of people posting. Some are just too rude, get banned, and only think of themselves.

Some people are just way too negative and only focus on bad things, others are kind and generous, some like to reply all the time with Gifs while others prefer a more lenghty answer. I'm the type that likes to be polite (I never cursed on GAF, not even once!), like to help others and I truly believe we are the best Community Gaming related.

I always feel a bit upset when I see people raging at others just because people share different opinions and not always they use the best terms to prove their point. I also hate racism and any other type of discrimination and phobia when directed to others. Because we have strict rules, GAF can have more respectfull users but it's not always like that. I do my part and I'm proud to be part of GAF and to talk with a great group of fellow GAFfers.
<3

Monk for honorary president of GAF. You have my vote.

Phil Collins appreciation a few pages ago?
This thread is my favourite thread on the citadel.
Now if only Sting and the Police were still around.....
I don't like The Police, sorry.

metalshade

Is it weird I'm more excited for the meta game? I don't have a ton of cash right now (had to buy a ring, if you know what I mean) so I just want to participate.

And I've seen this a couple places but want to see what everyone thinks: I should wait for daily and flash sales on things I want until the very last day (if my wish list stuff didn't get a special sale), right?

Well I hope it turns out well for you and that congratulations will soon be in order!
Damn I remember being so nervous when I proposed.
Really hope it works out for you buddy.

I don't like The Police, sorry.
That's ok, nobody is perfect. Haha.
He does get a bit insipid at times I must admit.

chronomac

Well I hope it turns out well for you and that congratulations will soon be in order!
Damn I remember being so nervous when I proposed.
Really hope it works out for you buddy.

Thanks so much. I wasn't nervous at all when I bought it but now? A little bit. It won't be ready until next weekend.

marrec

Banned
Card only came out as repugnant recently, which is why so many people were shocked and appalled since the Ender books are, like, the antithesis of what he stands for. Overall, I think your criticisms (juvenile power fantasy, anti-minorities, inferior to Gundam novelizations) are misplaced-- maybe you were thinking of Dune?

The anti-minority stuff may be subjective, but the juvenile power fantasy is undeniable. All the adults love him and know that he's better than them, even though they don't tell him. All the other kids envy him and know that he's better than them, so some of them need to get beaten up for it (but Ender didn't want to use his obviously superior strength and mind to do it, he just had to). Ender is obviously an author-insert character meant to right all the wrongs that were done to him while growing up.

Add all of that on top of the questionable prose and it turns into a mediocre book at best. I was shocked when I learned that Ender's Game was considered a Sci-Fi classic 10 years after I read it. So I went back and read it again and it only cemented itself as a bad book to me.

To each his own, but there's no way you can say that Dune is a juvenile power fantasy and then claim that Ender's Game isn't.

Caerith

craaawllinnng innn myyy skiiiiiin
Exactly.

You better play it, I've got my eyes on you!
Also may this provide karma for pricing errors :)
Nice. I don't know if anyone actually qualifies for this giveaway, but the more people who play Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the more hope I have for Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines: Human Revolution.

Woohoo! August is the best month for gaming.

Grief.exe

You better play it, I've got my eyes on you!
Also may this provide karma for pricing errors :)

Deus Ex: HR

Awesome giveaway

Is it weird I'm more excited for the meta game? I don't have a ton of cash right now (had to buy a ring, if you know what I mean) so I just want to participate.

And I've seen this a couple places but want to see what everyone thinks: I should wait for daily and flash sales on things I want until the very last day (if my wish list stuff didn't get a special sale), right?

Dude

Lord of the Rings Online went F2P a long time ago

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212500/

v0rtikal

It means that the current lowest price is $55.79, but historically it's been as low as $25.08.

It uses info from IsThereAnyDeal.com which can sometimes be an hour or more behind (they probably don't have the price from the new GMG sale, for example).

but then again, it's $44,99 on steam without any discount.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
but then again, it's $44,99 on steam without any discount.

Where are you at? Here in the US it's still showing as $59.99.

You can change the pricing region in the options for Enhanced Steam.

Wunder

Damn just got Enhanced Steam. You guys are smart! Steam store on browser is still kinda slow loading for me (similar times to client) but being able to open multiple tabs and have this extension is so worth it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I can't being myself to buy Bioshock Infinite, even though it's only £12, as I stupidly bought the season pass for the PS3 version. Past Me, why couldn't you wait?!

Caerith

To each his own, but there's no way you can say that Dune is a juvenile power fantasy and then claim that Ender's Game isn't.
Vice versa. One book involves someone
inadvertently genociding an entire species
, the other involves someone finding out he's the chosen one and becoming the religious and political ruler of the universe.

But, to each his own. (I liked both, but it's been a long time since reading either.) I just can't wait for the Ender's Game third-person cover shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom