• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJavonta

Banned
you guys arent even trying with the leaderboard stuff tho

I'm just not as good as you Salsa

I've been working my ass off in the second one, in the first I really haven't

Edit: I lied

thWgf3x.jpg

You still kick my ass at scores though lol

cicero

Look closer. While PayPal's FAQ is within the context of needing provide the IRS customer information and doesn't address the 200 transaction threshold itself, tucked away is this:

Ah. Thank you for the heads up. I do wonder what the trigger is for them to ask for it though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah. Thank you for the heads up. I do wonder what the trigger is for them to ask for it though.

In my experience (though not with PayPal specifically, mind you), "may require" means "will require" and it's just written in a non-commital manner so users think they won't be inconvenienced. :p I'd say it'd be requested when a user reaches 200 transactions, much like Valve with Steam Market.

Blablurn

So today is the day....

oh, btw, i asked something nobody could answer or didnt see yet. Can I run steam games from an external USB 3.0 HDD? not just indies but also big games.

Gibbo

I lost my Steam Summer Sale virginity last year. Is it just me or am I not excited AT ALL about the summer sale this year? I even totally forgot that it should be happening around this time!

iavi

Add me to the camp that just bought Deadpool. I've been hovering over the purchase button all day, and the last few walkthroughs I watched forced my hand.

It just looks like the gamey kind of game I've been itching for lately. And Deadpool as a character seems like a riot.

Really diggin' FTL so far. Played it like 3 hours yesterday. Also started Dishonored and it seems okay... weirdly sluggish though, dropping from like 80fps to 20 and back. Framesmoothing thing on the .ini acts as maxfps cap right?

Sober

I lost my Steam Summer Sale virginity last year. Is it just me or am I not excited AT ALL about the summer sale this year? I even totally forgot that it should be happening around this time!
Did you buy everything? If so, join the club where we complain nothing good ever goes on sale (because you already own everything worth buying!)!

Hellix

Is there anything you are looking for to go on sale? I feel the same way, but it is because I don't really want anything.

Gibbo

Did you buy everything? If so, join the club where we complain nothing good ever goes on sale (because you already own everything worth buying!)!

haha. yes that must be it. Although I'm looking out for RE6 and Remember me this time

Thanks to my Steam wishlist this time around, I'm feeling the same way. I mean, boy, I sure need to play through Tales of Monkey Island! I'm ready for that huge discount on Saints Row IV! And how can I live without those last pieces of DLC for Skyrim and Dishonored?

Addnan

So today is the day....

oh, btw, i asked something nobody could answer or didnt see yet. Can I run steam games from an external USB 3.0 HDD? not just indies but also big games.

You can, I ran lots of games from a USB 2 HDD for a while. Load times might a be a little slow though.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

I do it on my laptop all the time. Works fine on everything I've tried so far, although loading times are longer.

So today is the day....

Yeah. Though, I had a buddy though that couldn't get any Ubisoft games to work on his machine, and it turned out to be because he was running them from an external drive. His solution involves using the external drive as his "game shelf" and pulling games over to his internal drive when he picks one to play through.

Blablurn

You can, I ran lots of games from a USB 2 HDD for a while. Load times might a be a little slow though.

I do it on my laptop all the time. Works fine on everything I've tried so far, although loading times are longer.

Yeah. Though, I had a buddy though that couldn't get any Ubisoft games to work on his machine, and it turned out to be because he was running them from an external drive. His solution involves using the external drive as his "game shelf" and pulling games over to his internal drive when he picks one to play through.

Thanks for the answers, guys! Appreciate it : )

cicero

My off the cuff Summer Sale wishlist. If the top five had great deals that would be enough to make the sale a good one for me.

Age of Empires II: HD Edition
Unity of Command & DLC
Ys I
Din's Curse + DLC
System Shock 2
Sword of the Stars: The Pit
Conquest of Elysium 3
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
Rayman Origins
World in Conflict
Driver San Francisco
Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai + DLC

Games I really really want but which are unlikely to have large enough deals on for me to bite:
Xenonauts
The Swapper
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Kentucky Route Zero
Monaco
Gunpoint
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
PAYDAY 2
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World

Hellix

^Payday 2 isn't out yet, so that's not getting a discount. It is only $30 for pre-order, and it looks to be better than the first game, which was great fun in co-op.

JaseC

I'm surprised Age 2 HD hasn't gone on sale yet so as to wash away the negativity surrounding its buggy initial release. It best be at least half off during the Summer Sale.

Soi-Fong

So, I've got a major problem. All but one of my games is showing up as uninstalled even though I have numerous games installed onto my system.

Happened after Steam update.

Salsa

I'm surprised Age 2 HD hasn't gone on sale yet so as to wash away the negativity surrounding its buggy initial release. It best be at least half off during the Summer Sale.

I bought it at release and I still havent played it. Do they let you choose your resolution now

JaseC

So, I've got a major problem. All but one of my games is showing up as uninstalled even though I have numerous games installed onto my system.

Happened after Steam update.

If you're in the Steam client beta, you can try opting out of it; alternatively, if you're not, you can try deleting ClientRegistry.blob. As a last resort, Steam should detect the existing data when you try to install them again.

Soi-Fong

If you're in the Steam client beta, you can try opting out of it; alternatively, if you're not, you can try deleting ClientRegistry.blob. As a last resort, Steam should detect the existing data when you try to install them again.

I have my Steam library connected to one of my SSD's in my computer, but I don't know how the heck the connection got severed. All the games are still in my SSD.

Edit: Fixed it. Thanks for the help JaseC.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Deleting Ghostbusters after beating 3 levels. It's such a drag. Not worth finishing or letting it continue taking up 11GB. Just beat the Stay Puft man and bail out.

JaseC

My off the cuff Summer Sale wishlist. If the top five had great deals that would be enough to make the sale a good one for me.

<snip>

Here's my Summer Sale wishlist:

summersalewishlistyzs07.jpg

Not included: everything else I don't yet have.

Age of Empires II: HD Edition
Unity of Command & DLC
System Shock 2
Sword of the Stars: The Pit
Driver San Francisco
Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai + DLC

Games I really really want but which are unlikely to have large enough deals on for me to bite:
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara

Ohh yeah, there's so much right with your post. I edited your post down to just the games that I've played (with the exception of D&D Mystara, but I loved the original).
I had a lot of fun with Unity of Command, it was a real surprise hit for me, and Sword of the stars the pit made me late for uni this morning :)

I wish you the best of luck this steam sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom