• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

Here's my Summer Sale wishlist:

summersalewishlistyzs07.jpg

Not included: everything else I don't yet have.

Man, seeing a couple of you talking about this game lately, I assumed it was on your wishlist for awhile.

I've been waiting on $9.99 for some time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I dunno, didn't Neverwinter Nights 2 drop mid-sale and blow everyone's mind with a 50% off purchase? I know I snagged it as soon as it hit the store. It's not impossible for some devs/pubs to push their game out during a seal.

Chances are still slim though, I think that was the only case.

JaseC

Man, seeing a couple of you talking about this game lately, I assumed it was on your wishlist for awhile.

I've been waiting on $9.99 for some time.

I only bother filling out my wishlist when Valve asks me to. These days, thanks to Enhanced Steam, I can just browse the specials and be acutely aware of what I don't already own.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Organ Trail: Director's Cut Steam key is hiding in this post. Please make a post if you grab it.

edit: taken, you're welcome kami_sama!

iavi

I've been waiting up hoping that Deadpool will unlock at some point, but the store page still says hours out. C'mon Valve. Oh well.

JaseC

I feel bad for you JaseC and all the Australians...

Source

I don't particularly care about the series, but more to the point, this is what gifting is for!

Edit: But the development does highlight a bigger issue in how vague guidelines are ripe for personal interpretation and thus allow ridiculous, inconsistent cases such as this to happen in the first place.

ngt

I've never played Borderlands 2, what's the single player like? Worth getting any of the DLC?

I find this game quite boring, even in co-op. It was hard to follow the story with that semi-open world, lots of distracting side quests about nothing and especially with 5 headshots to kill nonsense (I like to play as a sniper), From my short experience with B2 I think the mechromancer is the best character, especially with the right skill tree.

"Should I buy [shitty game no one gives a damn about] right now, or would it be better to wait?"
"Is [even shittier game] worth [overpriced amount] bucks?"
"Hey guys, do you think [worst piece of shit ever] will go on sale sometime?"
"Any chance [genuinely good game that everyone and their mother already have] will go on sale again?"

I admit I'm guilty of all these myself.

this year we'll get -

"Does [game on sale] have cards??"

RetroMG

Thread title change? I am all kinds of confused. I thought we'd burned out the last thread already until I looked at the dates.

Also, is there a reason to suspect that the Summer sale will start on the 28th, or does it just rhyme nicely?

Dead Island Riptide - $14.99 at Amazon. Someone said it's NA (US?) only.

$15 already? wow

Game is THAT bad?

Thread title change? I am all kinds of confused. I thought we'd burned out the last thread already until I looked at the dates.

Also, is there a reason to suspect that the Summer sale will start on the 28th, or does it just rhyme nicely?

well, the real title was going to be "Summer sale start date? No one knows, maybe Jun 28 due to speculation of event dates lining up, but we have no idea" but it was just too long.

No one knows for sure. It was done to cut down on the amount of people asking when the sale starts. It hasn't helped.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
this year we'll get -

"Does [game on sale] have cards??"
Oh, the nightmares. Don't forget the haul lists.

Hey guys does [EA/Ubisoft game] register on Steam?
This too.

"Does The Walking Dead come with all 5 episodes, or just the first one?"

I bet it was Stump. He said last night that we should ignore people asking about the date when the Summer Seal will begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom