• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may. I remember reading about it, fucking, way back in like 2007 or something. It doesn't look visually stunning, but if it's violent that may be fun.

Edit: Looks like complete shit. Will wait 'til sale.

Didn't it get a big Game Informer cover and everything? Had kind of forgotten about it.

I pre-ordered it from GMG, it's crazy expansive in Euros on Steam. Looks like complete garbage but that's what I totally like about it.
Heh, make sure to come back with impressions. This week is crazy for me in terms of releases so I don't have the extra cash to put towards even fun garbage :D

Tak3n

Banned
$15 already? wow

Game is THAT bad?

well, the real title was going to be "Summer sale start date? No one knows, maybe Jun 28 due to speculation of event dates lining up, but we have no idea" but it was just too long.

No one knows for sure. It was done to cut down on the amount of people asking when the sale starts. It hasn't helped.

looking at reviews seems it is a "I wanna kill some Zombies for fun" type of game, pick up and put down

FloatOn

Will it be easier to understand than Eden? I had both a GAFfer and a friend try to explain that game to me, without success.

I love pixel junk eden. What's not to understand?

Platform around. Collect stuff. Grow plants. Collect the big pieces around the level. Beat the level in a good time.

This is the only pixel junk game I've played. I've heard good things about monsters, so I'll be looking forward to this one.

sibarraz

Banned
New DLC for crusader kings 2

I'm amazaed how much content has this game, it really seems that it was a sucessfull game, personally I'm glad to see paradox being so sucesfull, when I was more a console gamer guy, I never heard about that publisher, but now I'm glad that I know who they are, I really respect the grand strategy genre, even though I suck at them and don't had the time to learn them. It's like CAVE games, never gonna master them but love to purchase them for the experience alone

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I love pixel junk eden. What's not to understand?

Platform around. Collect stuff. Grow plants. Collect the big pieces around the level. Beat the level in a good time.

This is the only pixel junk game I've played. I've heard good things about monsters, so I'll be looking forward to this one.
I don't know where to go, what things to collect, how to navigate the levels, how can I win. To me it's confusing as hell.

It sounds like 'Pixel Junk Monsters' is coming to PC and Mac later this year. It will be called 'Pixel Junk Monsters Ultimate HD'.

Source

Yes! My favorite Pixel Junk game! Better have online or local co-op at the very least or I will be angry.

Will it be easier to understand than Eden? I had both a GAFfer and a friend try to explain that game to me, without success.

It's simple tower defense, I don't think you'll have any trouble with this.

FloatOn

I don't know where to go, what things to collect, how to navigate the levels, how can I win. To me it's confusing as hell.

Follow the visual cues. It's been a long time but I believe the big pieces (level objectives) glow and pulse light for you to follow. The little seeds move in the direction of plants that grow which allow you to move around the level and will also point you towards those objectives.

It is very free form and best to think of it like a 2d sandbox game. Well worth playing though. It was my go to relaxation game for a long time.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
New (thanks 7extonly):

• Indie Royale - Spiral Groove Bundle - $5.54+
    • Bloody Trapland (Greenlight/Desura)
    • Gatling Gears (Steam)
    • Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death (Steam)
    • Sniper Elite V2 (Steam) !!There are reports that this title cannot be activated in Germany!!
    • ?Mystery Game?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That is a fantastic deal on SEv2 but I am so burnt out on shooters and have plenty in the backlog for if I ever want to play one. Right now I am going crazy for my longest love, racing games.

Addnan

So damn close. I hope the last Indie Royale game is steam.

Lxdgxos.png

I need my badge.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's simple tower defense, I don't think you'll have any trouble with this.
Thanks. I won't have any trouble because I'll pass then.

Follow the visual cues. It's been a long time but I believe the big pieces (level objectives) glow and pulse light for you to follow. The little seeds move in the direction of plants that grow which allow you to move around the level and will also point you towards those objectives.

It is very free form and best to think of it like a 2d sandbox game. Well worth playing though. It was my go to relaxation game for a long time.
See? That's the opposite of relaxing, I'll be pretty worried about having to do that complicated stuff.

I should try it following your advice, and see if it clicks with me.

derExperte

And I thought 7€ were a good price for Sniper V2 two weeks ago. Well, at least I played through it.
Didn't even install the game.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
There are reports that Sniper Elite V2 cannot be activated in Germany, so keep that in mind if you live there.

sibarraz

Banned
There are reports that Sniper Elite V2 cannot be activated in Germany, so keep that in mind if you live there.

wow, hitler still kicking alive

I know that he is a shame for that country, but don't know, at times making like he never existed really amazes me

derExperte

Recent reports? Because the game is available uncut in Germany since a few weeks. http://steamcommunity.com/app/63380/discussions/0/846940248764489995/#c86497128773126731 Unfortunately I can't remember if I had to use VPN to get my key working but theoretically the region lock should be gone.

wow, hitler still kicking alive

I know that he is a shame for that country, but don't know, at times making like he never existed really amazes me

I'm sure if I turned on my TV right now there would be a Hitler documentary somewhere. He isn't the problem, certain signs like swastikas are, they aren't allowed on toys and that means video games. Sniper V2 doesn't have any so I don't know what happened there in the first place. Anyway, you can now even buy the Kill Hitler DLC here officially.

sibarraz

Banned
Who wants to buy the bundle for just one game?

I only want sniper elite, se we could just divide the price, even though the surprise game will be a trouble

Heh, make sure to come back with impressions. This week is crazy for me in terms of releases so I don't have the extra cash to put towards even fun garbage :D
Well, that won't happen. Bought it from GMG with a VPN, and apparently I can't activate it on my European account, sooo..

If anyone wants Ride to Hell Retribution for, let's say 20USD (I bought for $24 so I don't want to go any lower), PM me.

Edit: You need a NA Steam account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom