• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmpaler

I have, and I enjoyed that too. Almost more than 3, but for different reasons. Mostly because I enjoyed the conversations between characters in games.

I have watched videos about Dark Souls, but it looks awfully claustrophobic.

That, my friend, is because Obsidian has some of the best writers in the industry.

sibarraz

Banned
Spore.

---

I got these Steam gifts from the pre-order but everyone I know already owns them, so if you want them (all going to one person) for your account, quote:

Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor

Can I had any of the dlc? OF or tales of valor?

Gaspode_T

Defenders Quest is one of my favorite games on Steam, recommended for Adult Gamers who keep it real and like games for 15 mins at a time. Totally worth $5...

D and D bombing is depressing me, if 2D port games would sell well on Steam then there is a backwards compat place for them to live...

sibarraz

Banned
Defenders Quest is one of my favorite games on Steam, recommended for Adult Gamers who keep it real and like games for 15 mins at a time. Totally worth $5...

D and D bombing is depressing me, if 2D port games would sell well on Steam then there is a backwards compat place for them to live...

I still wish to see SNK or Capcom releasing their older fighters with ggpo Support

I know that I could emulate them with GGPO, but still will love to had official support and stop worrying about forwarding ports and stupid things like that

FloatOn

Just playing a bit of Joe Danger 2 and it seems to be a solid port but.... I seem to be having weirdness when it plays the movie files. It's like they slow down to a crawl and then I have to wait until they finish before I'm able to continue.

I'm going to try verifying the game cache and see if that helps. I'll report in later.

derExperte

Yeah, about that... bought DQ after it went on sale and now have over 6hrs on record. And I don't even like tower defense all that much.

So,

my sale shopping list so far:

- DnD
- DLC Quest
- Rogue Gallery
- AC3 if low enough (might wait for Winter Sale)
- BL2: Hunt, Dragon Mountain, Level Upgrade
- Dinosaurs Go Home!
- War of the Roses

HoosTrax

Yeah, about that... bought DQ after it went on sale and now have over 6hrs on record. And I don't even like tower defense all that much.
DQ's my sleeper hit this year. I think my playhours this year look like:

1. Mount and Blade: Warband - 140 hr
2. Defender's Quest - 50 hr
3. Don't Starve - 40 hr

The soundtrack for DQ really stands out especially and makes up for the atrocious artwork.

DQ's my sleeper hit this year. I think my playhours this year look like:

1. Mount and Blade: Warband - 140 hr
2. Defender's Quest - 50 hr
3. Don't Starve - 40 hr

The soundtrack for DQ really stands out especially and makes up for the atrocious artwork.

Honestly, the artwork is what's keeping me from playing it.

...well, that and that it's a tower defence game.

Zia

Man, Defender's Quest is fun. And ugly. Like, the ugliest game I've elected to play. Purchased it with trading card loots. Now up to that, Magicka and the Bastion Announcer Pack (Dota 2). Steam Wallet is now self-perpetuating creature.

Really? Fuck. I have $10 steam credit I was looking forward to spending..

Bummer. There's always the Winter Sale, but they haven't said anything about that either. : (

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Reposting for new page. Both steam keys, MotE is the same price as it was this weekend but Sengoku is $2.50 cheaper than it was this weekend. MotE seems to be Europa Universalis IV-lite while Sengoku was Crusader Kings II-lite.

Ah, screw you, Paradox. :(

I just re-ordered my wish list -- why in the name of seven hells do I have 18 games on my wish list when I've already got 40+ games I'm barely playing?

Anticipating sale! Woo-hoo!

So my wishlist is about to outgrow my games owned count now that they removed DLC, I have this recurring urge to just 'add all' to my cart and press buy one day.

Lol @ morningbus.

Shane: MotN is soo fun love that game.

ShaneB

Started Mark of the Ninja, seems like good fun so far, I've just never been one for stealth, but if this is a game that makes stealth fun, I'll stick with it.

xJavonta

Banned
Just playing a bit of Joe Danger 2 and it seems to be a solid port but.... I seem to be having weirdness when it plays the movie files. It's like they slow down to a crawl and then I have to wait until they finish before I'm able to continue.

I'm going to try verifying the game cache and see if that helps. I'll report in later.

Joe Danger 1 was doing that for me, not Joe Danger 2 though. No idea what causes it.

Hilti92

Man, Defender's Quest is fun. And ugly. Like, the ugliest game I've elected to play. Purchased it with trading card loots. Now up to that, Magicka and the Bastion Announcer Pack (Dota 2). Steam Wallet is now self-perpetuating creature.

Bummer. There's always the Winter Sale, but they haven't said anything about that either. : (
Well I guess the good news is that Civilization goes on sale quite frequently so hopefully it will be back on soon.

Started Mark of the Ninja, seems like good fun so far, I've just never been one for stealth, but if this is a game that makes stealth fun, I'll stick with it.
I finally figured out how to get unstuck from where I was stuck and progressed to the next level. I suck at stealth in general and hate having to play a game where patience is rewarded. Fuck that, give me a sword or a gun and point me at things that need holes in them.

Having said that, MotN is fun (so far).

JaseC

It is quite annoying. I don't even think that Paypal is requiring the same amount of data (SSN) that Stearn is. You can opt in or choose not to, unfortunately not with Stearn. And having that in yet another database somewhere is just begging to be stolen and abused.

eBay/PayPal is the same. It's US law, not an arbitrary rule Valve made up.

derExperte

Honestly, the artwork is what's keeping me from playing it.

...well, that and that it's a tower defence game.

That was me 10 hours ago. But it's extremely accessible and there are lots of ways to make it easier for someone like me who's rubbish at td games, for example going back and playing easier levels with better gear on higher difficulties. There's even a menu through which you can give yourself more xp and money (didn't need that yet). Unfortunately the graphics remain terrible but they don't get in the way.

ShaneB

I finally figured out how to get unstuck from where I was stuck and progressed to the next level. I suck at stealth in general and hate having to play a game where patience is rewarded. Fuck that, give me a sword or a gun and point me at things that need holes in them.

Having said that, MotN is fun (so far).

Yeah, patience is not something I have much of either, so when those situations arise, I tend to go crazy, lol.

HoosTrax

Come on guys Defender's Quest isn't that bad looking (if you compare it to dwarf fortress).
It's not bad...if we're using web comic standards.

I would have been a lot happier if they had gone with JRPG-style because intentionally or unintentionally, they're mimicking the Fire Emblem formula, outside of the TD gameplay aspect. Well it's all subjective anyways -- I wasn't put off by the art style in Dust, but apparently some people hate it.

Who knows, with the added Workshop support, maybe someone will give DQ a much needed makeover.

cicero

eBay/PayPal is the same. It's US law, not an arbitrary rule Valve made up.

PayPal will track the payment volume of your account(s) to check whether your payment volume exceeds both of these levels in a calendar year:

$20,000 USD in gross payment volume from sales of goods or services in a single year
200 payments for goods or services in the same year

You may be asked to add your tax ID number, such as a Social Security Number (SSN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN), to your existing account(s), if you don’t already have one on file.

If you cross the IRS thresholds in 2012, PayPal will send Form 1099-K to you and the IRS for the 2012 tax year in early 2013.
Valve is pre-emptively asking for the SSN after 200 items are listed, Paypal is not. I know I never have had to provide one. I would just rather not have that stored electronically anywhere if I don't have to. You have to be beyond 200 items PLUS $20,000 before they are required to send anything in. Who exactly is making $20,000 through the Steam marketplace and why should Steam permanently have that info stored somewhere if I am not ever going to be anywhere near that amount of money made.

It's not bad...if we're using web comic standards.

I would have been a lot happier if they had gone with JRPG-style because intentionally or unintentionally, they're mimicking the Fire Emblem formula, outside of the TD gameplay aspect.

Well it's all subjective anyways -- I wasn't put off by the art style in Dust, but apparently some people hate it.

It reminds me of that Dragon Age game on Facebook.

The inability to change the size of the window is also a bummer.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If anyone else asks when the summer sale is going to start, please ignore them. This happens every year, every year it's a nuisance, and every year people make it worse by pulling their legs or repeating the same thing, and it just soaks up a ton of the thread's attention.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If anyone else asks when the summer sale is going to start, please ignore them. This happens every year, every year it's a nuisance, and every year people make it worse by pulling their legs or repeating the same thing, and it just soaks up a ton of the thread's attention.

Don't worry. Eventually I'll transition over to the "oh my god, I can't believe I missed that deal" joke instead. We'll make it through this together,

Not sure, if this has been posted but this could be interesting...

2B45B3388569FBBB5256D9966996B8EEBD652F29

Greenlight Supershow (click the link for participating games)

These are the games that are part of the massive Livestream event, The Greenlight Supershow. it will be held on June 29th, from 11am to midnight EST!

It's a 13+ hour long event that showcases over 25 games from Steam Greenlight, and their creators. Tons of gameplay, special guests, Q&A's, game giveaways, sneak peaks, cake (byoc), and possibly even rap battles! This is an event dreamed up by one game dev to unite devs and players together in a unprofessional fun-time bonanza.

JaseC

Valve is pre-emptively asking for the SSN after 200 items are listed, Paypal is not. I know I never have had to provide one. I would just rather not have that stored electronically anywhere if I don't have to. You have to be beyond 200 items PLUS $20,000 before they are required to send anything in. Who exactly is making $20,000 through the Steam marketplace and why should Steam permanently have that info stored somewhere if I am not ever going to be anywhere near that amount of money made.

Look closer. While PayPal's FAQ is within the context of needing provide the IRS with customer information and doesn't address the 200 transaction threshold itself, tucked away is this:

Will I be affected by the 2011 tax changes if I only meet one of the thresholds?

No. A seller has to exceed both IRS thresholds ($20,000 in gross payment volume and 200 separate payments) in a calendar year before a Form 1099-K is required. We may require that you provide a tax identification number before you reach these thresholds however we will only report your payments if you exceed both thresholds.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry. Eventually I'll transition over to the "oh my god, I can't believe I missed that deal" joke instead. We'll make it through this together,
"Should I buy [shitty game no one gives a damn about] right now, or would it be better to wait?"
"Is [even shittier game] worth [overpriced amount] bucks?"
"Hey guys, do you think [worst piece of shit ever] will go on sale sometime?"
"Any chance [genuinely good game that everyone and their mother already have] will go on sale again?"

I admit I'm guilty of all these myself.

"Should I buy [shitty game no one gives a damn about] right now, or would it be better to wait?"
"Is [even shittier game] worth [overpriced amount] bucks?"
"Hey guys, do you think [worst piece of shit ever] will go on sale sometime?"
"Any chance [genuinely good game that everyone and their mother already have] will go on sale again?"

I admit I'm guilty of all these myself.

"Sell me on [pretty much any daily deal]", or any Garshasp related posts are always my highlights.

Acorn

So after complaining about the Deadpool price a page or two back, I just bought it anyway.

I really can be quite idiotic at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom