• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noted earlier in the thread that Hunted and Brink are worth snapping up if you're interested, as the former hasn't been cheaper than $12 and the latter hasn't been under $10 for 18 months now. Of the two, I'd opt for Hunted seeing as Brink is MP-focused with a dead community; neither are particularly good games, though.
Not really interested in Brink, and i already have Hunted. got it on that coal steam thingy.

Dishonored is Steamworks, so one of the alternative retailers will probably offer it for $7.50 or less during the Summer sale.
Oh yeah, completelly forgot about that. well, i think i'll just wait for the sale.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
DLC Quest looks very entertaining. How long should it take to complete?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Valve is still telling me about my 200 sales limit thing.

I wonder if they'll only look into it when I get to 200? I'm still sitting on 179...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That means he should worry about it even more as the tax stuff gets a lot more fun.

The transaction limit is an IRS thing, so if you're not a US citizen/resident you just fill out an online form and Valve lets you get back to business, and in regard to local tax concerns I assume there's nothing to worry about unless he's making hundreds from selling hats rather than making 10s of dollars selling cards. ;)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I wouldn't worry about it either way since you're not American.

Except the thing valve is telling me is different than it told everybody else:

ETlIGFa.png

They also made me fill out a form with my actual information, and somebody is supposed to go over it, from the looks of it.

I have decided to hold onto the last thursday cards, since they're Series 1 and there's a small chance that they'll go up in price, but if I wanted to sell them, I wouldn't be able.

On a sidenote, Super Meat Boy cards and Go Home Dinosaurs cards are having a steady price increase since friday...

HoosTrax

Except the thing valve is telling me is different than it told everybody else:

ETlIGFa.png

They also made me fill out a form with my actual information, and somebody is supposed to go over it, from the looks of it.

I have decided to hold onto the last thursday cards, since they're Series 1 and there's a small chance that they'll go up in price, but if I wanted to sell them, I wouldn't be able.

On a sidenote, Super Meat Boy cards and Go Home Dinosaurs cards are having a steady price increase since friday...
That's unusual. I filled out the information form (I am American) after I finally hit 200 sales, and the annoying message at the top of the market immediately disappeared.

Valve is pleased to announce it´s new installment in the popular Half-Life Series. Half Life 3. This time, Half Life will be seen as it was never seen before. It is finally here. Half Life 3 - MMOTCG!

Knurek

While they aren't actually on Steam (DROD 4 is on Greenlight, but yea), the latest Indie Gala Bundle has all four DROD games on sale for $3.30.

If you like puzzle games, get this bundle. Seriously, DROD is beyond just about every other puzzle game.

On Steam front, Oil Rush + DLC, Droplitz and one unlock later.

http://www.indiegala.com/summerdream

The transaction limit is an IRS thing, so if you're not a US citizen/resident you just fill out an online form and Valve lets you get back to business, and in regard to local tax concerns I assume there's nothing to worry about unless he's making hundreds from selling hats rather than making 10s of dollars selling cards. ;)

I just figured if you're at a point where they're sending you a w2 you're in a for a world of pain on your taxes if you're not American. If it's just their we need your information then I suppose it's nothing to worry about.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
IT'S BEEN THREE MINUTES ALREADY. WHERE'S THE ANNOUNCEMENT.

C'mon Valve. I gotta go to work in 20 minutes.

I just figured if you're at a point where they're sending you a w2 you're in a for a world of pain on your taxes if you're not American. If it's just their we need your information then I suppose it's nothing to worry about.

Yeah. I filled in what they wanted and thats it. I just think its just a confirmation form that you arent a US citizen.

JaseC

There are two thresholds: the first is the 200 transaction limit, at which point you need to provide Valve with your info regardless of your citizenship (Valve needs to know whether or not the later rules apply to you, after all), and the other is the one I assume you're referring to, which only kicks in when you're a US citizen/resident and have made more than $20,000. You are right, though, that regardless of where you are, if you're making that kind of cash from the Market, you'll find tax time a lot more complicated.

Edit: Clarity.

With the Steam Market, there are two thresholds: the first is the 200 transaction limit, at which point you need to provide Valve with your info regardless of your citizenship (Valve needs to ensure you're not an American, after all), and the other is the one I assume you're referring to, which only kicks in when you're an American and have made more than $20,000. You are right, though, that regardless of where you are, if you're making that kind of cash from the Market, you'll find tax time a lot more complicated.

Accountant: So it says unemployed here but you made almost $30,000 this year. Where is this coming from?

Person: I sell hats on the internet.

Accountant: Oh so you have a small business! My wife does something like that it's really fun for her. Just write down th-

Person: No, no, no. They're digital hats. They're actually ON the internet.

Accountant: wat

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Allright, just played fifteen minutes of DLC Quest. Good first impression, it's weird and I like it. Buying DLC never felt so good. :p
I have to say I couldn't help but smile at the
Horse Armor
joke.

JaseC

Accountant: So it says unemployed here but you made almost $30,000 this year. Where is this coming from?

Person: I sell hats on the internet.

Accountant: Oh so you have a small business! My wife does something like that it's really fun for her. Just write down th-

Person: No, no, no. They're digital hats. They're actually ON the internet.

Accountant: wat

Haha, I can imagine that. "Digital hats? Stop wasting my time!"

JaseC

I don't see anything new on there

Yeah, seems the cards haven't gone live just yet. The quickest way to check is to load up your badges page and see if there are any new entries.

Edit: Okay, this time I didn't forget to switch tabs but just assumed there'd be another post. ;)

Overdoziz

Banned
Quote to reveal codes. If you've taken one please say so.

King's Bounty: The Legend

Men of War: Vietnam

Fantasy Wars

Real Warfare 1242

Death to Spies: Moment of Truth

Off-Road Drive

Star Wolves 2

Reign: Conflict of Nations

Death Track: Resurrection

Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades

Status
Not open for further replies.