• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Quote to reveal codes. If you've taken one please say so.

King's Bounty: The Legend

Men of War: Vietnam

Fantasy Wars

Real Warfare 1242

Death to Spies: Moment of Truth

Off-Road Drive

Star Wolves 2

Reign: Conflict of Nations

Death Track: Resurrection

Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades

Took Men of War, thanks :)

http://store.steampowered.com/news/10946/

Today we're making Steam Trading Cards available to everyone. Steam Trading Cards are virtual cards you can earn just by playing some of your favorite games, like Team Fortress 2, FTL, GRID 2, Monaco, Trine 2, Super Meat Boy, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and more. In total there are over 30 games with Steam Trading Cards, with more being added every week. Collecting cards lets you craft new badges for your Steam Profile and earn rewards like emoticons, profile backgrounds, and coupons.

We've also updated everyone's Steam Community profile with a new look. The new profile has a more concentrated focus on what you play and how you participate on Steam. There are new customization options as well, like the new profile Showcases that let you choose what you want to show off: favorite games, items up for trade, workshop mods, hard-earned achievements, and more.

Additionally, you'll see a new "Steam Level" on your profile, and when hovering over a player's avatar. Every badge on Steam now grants XP, which contributes to your Steam Level. If you've been a Steam member for more than a year and have at least one game on your account, then you've already got two badges. You can earn more by participating in events and sales, collecting trading cards, trying out all the Steam Community features, and more.

To learn more about all the new features, visit the Trading Card Update Page

edit: psychonauts is live w/ cards

Grief.exe

Final Fantasy VII updated with purchasing options today, release, most likely, imminent.

http://steamdb.info/app/39140/#section_subs

Both Bioshock 2 and Batman: AC updated at around the same time, with similar changes to both beta builds.

Just seems like they were both outsourced to the same company. The same changes seem to be occurring at around the same time for both games.

http://steamdb.info/app/8850/#section_history

http://steamdb.info/app/200260/#section_history

EDIT: Great timing, this thread is going to be overrun with trading cards now...

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
PSYCHONAAAAATS! :D

Binding of Isaac
Company of Heroes 2
GRID 2
Warframe
Crusader Kings II
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4
Psychonauts

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Anyone else having issues purchasing? Trying to buy something using PayPal and keep getting:

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

on the address screen.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Full list:

Binding of Isaac
Company of Heroes 2
GRID 2
Warframe
Crusader Kings II
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4
Psychonauts

Edit: :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I could buy it for you first if you want? You can paypal me the $15 later
Thanks, but I'm not sure how gifting through Paypal works. Besides, I don't know if my country allows gifting in the first place.

Nevertheless, once again thank you for your offer.

Blame Google Docs for the spacing.

Code:
1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby)

A.R.E.S.

Anodyne

BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2

Blocks That Matter

Borderlands 2

Brütal Legend

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Cubemen 2

Crusader Kings II

Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten

Don't Starve

Dota 2

Endless Space

Faerie Solitaire

FTL: Faster Than Light

Go Home Dinosaurs!

Guns of Icarus Online

Half-Life 2

Jagged Alliance - Back in Action

Left 4 Dead 2

Magicka

Monaco

Monster Loves You!

Offspring Fling!

Portal 2

Really Big Sky

Sanctum 2

Serious Sam 3: BFE

Strike Suit Infinity

Super Meat Boy

Team Fortress 2

They Bleed Pixels

Tower Wars

Trine 2

Triple Town

Zach Zero

Zombie Driver HD

Psychonauts

Penny Arcade 4

binding of isaac

company of heroes 2

grid 2

warframe

Well, I see that the new profiles rolled out for everyone now.

Can't say I'm a fan of how they sort friends by levels. I'd much rather have it by who is in-game and online, like it used to be.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
That reminds me, I haven't played the Steam version off Psychonauts all that much.
Replay imminent :D
Great Scott, I love that game.

I'm coming Linda!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
So now, I have excuses to play Isaac and Psychonauts when I come back to Steam.

And an excuse to look into Crusader Kings II.

CK2 was one of the best games of last year, it's also pretty easy to learn compared to some of Paradoxes other titles.

Today's the day! Steam Trading Cards are now available to everyone on Steam.

Your testing and feedback has been a big help these past few weeks. As a way of saying thanks, we've given everyone in the beta a Trading Card Beta Tester badge and a special "Trading Card" emoticon. If you crafted a badge at any point during the beta, you'll receive a "Foil Trading Card" emoticon too. We're distributing these now, but it may take an hour or two before everyone has their rewards. Also note that you may not receive them all at the same time.

Awww yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom