• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

LQX

Have the following if anyone is interested....
50% OFF Duke Nukem 3D 50% Off
50% OFF Strike Suit Zero
33% OFF The Bridge

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So anyone know whats going to happen with the trading cards coming out of beta is there like a big red button or something lol

Oh, there's a button:

ifIRhXUOffvUV.gif

BFG is probably your next best choice in terms of price.

The original is actually the definitive version, unless something has changed within the mod community.

I did a little bit of research, and it seems Sikkmod still isn't compatible with BFG. The modder can't find a way to make it work.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh well, i think i can't wait a bit longer for a Dishonored deal on steam... although i doubt it's going to get a 75% discount anytime soon.

I noted earlier in the thread that Hunted and Brink are worth snapping up if you're interested, as the former hasn't been cheaper than $12 and the latter hasn't been under $10 for 18 months now. Of the two, I'd opt for Hunted seeing as Brink is MP-focused with a dead community; neither are particularly good games, though.

reddmyst

I missed the $9.99 sale for borderlands 2, damn it! I hope it'll be on for the steam summer sale.

Thanks for posting the dishonored sale!

nexen

I noted earlier in the thread that Hunted and Brink are worth snapping up if you're interested, as the former hasn't been cheaper than $12 and the latter hasn't been under $10 for 18 months now. Of the two, I'd opt for Hunted seeing as Brink is MP-focused with a dead community; neither are particularly good games, though.

Brink is going to be $5 in the summer sale. I'd bet on it.
Hunted ... maybe $10?

Grief.exe

Oh well, i think i can't wait a bit longer for a Dishonored deal on steam... although i doubt it's going to get a 75% discount anytime soon.

Dishonored is Steamworks, so one of the alternative retailers will probably offer it for $7.50 or less during the Summer sale.

So. The question is.

Will we get 5 new games, because its just one update?
Will we get 10 new games, since it will be only once this week?
Or will we get more, since it will launch for everyone?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Brink is going to be $5 in the summer sale. I'd bet on it.
Hunted ... maybe $10?

Both are equally likely: Brink was last $5 in 2011 and the same is true of Hunted at $10 (I misread its price history earlier :(). Unlike Brink, though, Hunted has never seen anything more than a general sale discount -- it's the red-headed stepchild of Bethesda's catalogue.

So. The question is.

Well I could easily seem them adding the cards for their own games: Episode 1/2, L4D, Portal 1, CS 1.6, CS:S, etc.

So that's a handful right there.

Grief.exe

So. The question is.

This was supposed to be a large update, the only thing we know is it will be >5 games.

Grief.exe

Well I could easily seem them adding the cards for their own games: Episode 1/2, L4D, Portal 1, CS 1.6, CS:S, etc.

So that's a handful right there.

Those would be redundant.

Half-Life is an example. The main characters stayed the same throughout the episodes, how do you create something visually distinct for both the badge and the cards? Then you have to consider emoticons and backgrounds as well.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
DLC Quest daily. Clearly winding down and saving good deals for summer sale.

EDIT:

Magic 2014 just came out. Not really sure, is that likely to have any kind of discount during the sale?

Those would be redundant.

Half-Life is an example. The main characters stayed the same throughout the episodes, how do you create something visually distinct for both the badge and the cards? Then you have to consider emoticons and backgrounds as well.

Not all the cards are based on characters, like "Destruction" from Portal 2. There's plenty of backgrounds, symbols, or objects they could use, and you could easily think of 100+ images to use as a wallpaper from any game.

people still buying my cards...awesome.

I'm guessing the days of making some decent coin on these is gone in 30 minutes. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

people still buying my cards...awesome.

I'm guessing the days of making some decent coin on these is gone in 30 minutes. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Well supply will increase, but so will demand. Regular cards will probably get even cheaper, but I think foils may go up in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom