• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all this talk of HL3 made me want to go play some HL2. Then it dawned on me that I have never ever played Episode 2. It's downloading now... but what's this I see on the internets saying that there's a mute glitch and it's never been fixed? What's that all about?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
-35% is such a strange number. Might as well just stick with the traditional selection and make it -33%.

So all this talk of HL3 made me want to go play some HL2. Then it dawned on me that I have never ever played Episode 2. It's downloading now... but what's this I see on the internets saying that there's a mute glitch and it's never been fixed? What's that all about?

I'm not aware of any such bug, but I will warn you that playing Episode Two will only make the wait for Half-Life 3 worse. Save it for when the game is nearing release! Ignorance is bliss, in this case.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I never had a bug in EP2.

Antlions_all.jpg
Liar

I'm not aware of any such bug, but I will warn you that playing Episode Two will only make the wait for Half-Life 3 worse. Save it for when the game is nearing release! Ignorance is bliss, in this case.

I'll take your advice. I've actually been ignoring Episode 2 because I was hoping to play it along with Episode 3 when it came out... but that was yeaaars ago. Another several more decades won't hurt.

I never had a bug in EP2.
Seems a bug cropped up in one of the later updates that makes the characters go mute in conversation half way through the game or something.

Seems a bug cropped up in one of the later updates that makes the characters go mute in conversation half way through the game or something.
Just loaded the game cos I was curious... and yeah, Alyx is mute. Even her lips don't move which means the lipsync must've broke as well.

Dude, no! You've left one less available key now, so my chances of being able to buy Dishonored tonight are a little lower than before :(
I could buy it for you first if you want? You can paypal me the $15 later

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kinda sorta enjoying Mars: War Logs quite a bit. I did almost the entirety of the first chapter in one sitting.

I never realised they redid the voice acting and translation to that as well after it first got released on Steam. Some of the dialogue was really bad in a great way.

Get Loaded Bethesda just went back up. (They ran out of Dishonored keys last time so this is an extension for those that missed out.)

ffs, I keep getting "Sorry, we have been unable to authorise your payment on this occasion. If you wish to try again using a different payment method please return to your basket." when I try to checkout... Just let me buy dishonored damn you!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm kinda sorta enjoying Mars: War Logs quite a bit. I did almost the entirety of the first chapter in one sitting.

I'm looking forward to the developers being tricked into putting it in an Indie Gala or some other low-rent bundle collection.

nexen

That Bethesda deal is really good. I already own all of it except Brink and Hunted...so not so much for me, but still.

edit: I really hope Hunted goes for $5 in the seal.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I never realised they redid the voice acting and translation to that as well after it first got released on Steam. Some of the dialogue was really bad in a great way.

I can't tell if anything changed (I had played the opening 30 minutes on my save before the patch. There still seems to be a lot of delightfully awkward writing and acting though.

Re-asking: Interested in that Get Loaded Deal, mostly because of Dishonored...but i'm not sure what should be the other game. New Vegas seems to be the better choice, but i already have the "Vanilla" edition. So, any suggestions?

Grief.exe

Re-asking: Interested in that Get Loaded Deal, mostly because of Dishonored...but i'm not sure what should be the other game. New Vegas seems to be the better choice, but i already have the "Vanilla" edition. So, any suggestions?

BFG is probably your next best choice in terms of price.

The original is actually the definitive version, unless something has changed within the mod community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom