• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post again for new page:

Today's the day! Steam Trading Cards are now available to everyone on Steam.

Your testing and feedback has been a big help these past few weeks. As a way of saying thanks, we've given everyone in the beta a Trading Card Beta Tester badge and a special "Trading Card" emoticon. If you crafted a badge at any point during the beta, you'll receive a "Foil Trading Card" emoticon too. We're distributing these now, but it may take an hour or two before everyone has their rewards. Also note that you may not receive them all at the same time.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards#announcements

Grief.exe

Final Fantasy VII updated with purchasing options today, release, most likely, imminent.

http://steamdb.info/app/39140/#section_subs

Both Bioshock 2 and Batman: AC updated at around the same time, with similar changes to both beta builds.

Just seems like they were both outsourced to the same company. The same changes seem to be occurring at around the same time for both games.

http://steamdb.info/app/8850/#section_history

http://steamdb.info/app/200260/#section_history

EDIT: Great timing, this thread is going to be overrun with trading cards now...

Made a thread for this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=66481186#post66481186

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
That's to my understanding. I also understand that it is still rather difficult to get into.

Honestly it's one of the few games were failing isn't a big deal, it can be loads of fun to just mess around and lose/gain territory. Also has a Game of Thrones mod if you're into that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I guess for the Warframe devs it will be more like an "ad" for the game, so I guess you will get them without paying anything.

I'm not seeing the badge in my list, so I assume it operates on the same terms of TF2 and Dota 2 post-complimentary drops, whereby you need to spend $9 in the in-game store to earn a drop.

I'm not seeing the badge in my list, so I assume it operates on the same terms of TF2 and Dota 2, whereby you need to spend $9 on the in-game store to earn a drop.

Im not sure, but I have a lot of games, I own, that never showed up in my badge list, but I still get drops.

Right now it only shows Psychonauts for me, but I also have BoI and CK2.

Made a thread for this

If that Arkham City update is enough of an improvement, I might have to sell my Xbox copy and get the Steam version.

Honestly it's one of the few games were failing isn't a big deal, it can be loads of fun to just mess around and lose/gain territory. Also has a Game of Thrones mod if you're into that.

Alright, I'll look into it once I'm back to using Steam.

yaron777

The hell? I received a :tradingcard: emoticon, even though I didn't craft a badge...

Oh well, free stuff!

EDIT: Ah, everyone who participated receives one.

JaseC

Im not sure, but I have a lot of games, I own, that never showed up in my badge list, but I still get drops.

Right now it only shows Psychonauts for me, but I also have BoI and CK2.

I'm seeing everything I own, but no Warframe (or Dota 2, which I barely touched, so I missed the boat on the complimentary drops).

hellocld

I never crafted any badges and I got the :tradingcard:. Are they just giving them to people who were in the beta?

Whoops, skimmed past the answer, never mind.

I received an emoticon :tradingcard" for participating on the beta :D

D8HraWN.png

Same here!

You get that emoticon for just taking part in the beta. You get the Foil emoticon for crafting a badge.

Beaten.

really? I just received the :tradingcard" emoticon and it was common :(

Edit: yes, I know the foil one is only for the people who crafted a badge in the beta. I crafted the Offspring fling! badge and my emoticon is common, not foil.

JaseC

I never crafted any badges and I got the :tradingcard:. Are they just giving them to people who were in the beta?

You get a regular trading card emoticon if you were in the beta; those who crafted a badge (also?) get a special foil one.

Turfster

God dammit valve, why is it every time I run one of the card-enabled games I have, you make me redownload the entire thing for "game content conversion" (and yes, it's redownloading the entire thing, I checked)

DTKT

denx

really? I just received the :tradingcard" emoticon and it was common :(

Edit: yes, I know the foil one is only for the people who crafted a badge in the beta. I crafted the Offspring fling! badge and my emoticon is common, not foil.

You'll get your foil emoticon, it's just taking a while. I received a common trading card emoticon, and some 15 minutes later i received the foil version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom