• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

I really want :derp: and :poop: from Binding of Isaac lol.

62fx62f
62fx62f

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I managed to buy Dishonored and Fallout:NV right now! In your face, potential key shortage!

EDIT: I'm getting a "Content servers unreachable" error when trying to download Dishonored, anyone has any idea why that could be? Fallout started downloading without problems.

EDIT2: weird, it fixed itself. Guess Gabe is playing with the servers again.

sibarraz

Banned
I can't understand why Team Meat didn't released a BibleThump emoticon, yet offspring fling got franker freaking z, those emoticons would have sold for big money

I'm still waiting for some parody of kappa to get the triforce of stream monsters

Smash88

Banned
God damnit. Those tradingcardfoils are going for 35 cents. Whatever. 40 cents less than what I paid. I had extra steam wallet money for such a long time, no biggie.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
The Steam sales have always been on Thursdays, right? Meaning that it'll probably happen either tomorrow or next Thursday?

The Steam sales have always been on Thursdays, right? Meaning that it'll probably happen either tomorrow or next Thursday?

The theory against it being tomorrow is that the Midweek Deal before the sales usually end at 10AM PST instead of the regular time (4PM PST) that we have on the current deal. So probably next week-ish.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
No drops for 2 hours. I think if cards aren't selling, they won't be dropping.

Caerith

No drops for 2 hours. I think if cards aren't selling, they won't be dropping.
I've been playing a lot of Binding of Isaac and not getting a lot of cards, but then again you need to be online to get cards and I have Charter (I only have a reliable connection on days that don't end in "y").

Booster packs, however, are tied to people crafting badges. Nobody crafts, nobody gets boosters.

sibarraz

Banned
I seriously doubt than those :tradingcardfoil: will be rare until some years pass, and still, thousands of people got that card, so in the end, I doubt that we will see them at a high price even in some years

73V3N

Banned
I seriously doubt than those :tradingcardfoil: will be rare until some years pass, and still, thousands of people got that card, so in the end, I doubt that we will see them at a high price even in some years

Yeah but some people will want to keep them :D :hope:

Caerith

Anyone knows if the new cards are Series 2?
The ones for the games I have say Series 1.

I imagine that series incrementation will be on a game by game basis (e.g., Left 4 Dead 2 Series 2: Gnome, Gas Can, Keith) rather than some arbitrary universal rule (e.g., "all cards released in July are Series 2").

Anyone knows if the new cards are Series 2?
Also, I just have lost 5 gabendollars trying to especulate on those :tradingcardfoil:. Damn.

I bought 7 tradingcard and 2 tradingcardfoil emotes for about $2.50. I'm sure I will be able to at least make the money back. They can only get more rare.

So now I have a long-term investment. I don't have the patience, though.

The ones for the games I have say Series 1.

I imagine that series incrementation will be on a game by game basis (e.g., Left 4 Dead 2 Series 2: Gnome, Gas Can, Keith) rather than some arbitrary universal rule (e.g., "all cards released in July are Series 2").
If that means multiple badges for single games (aside from the standard and foil split), I'd hate that.

so how do you get cards? idling? actually playing the games?
Either. They drop randomly when you're in the required game. You can play if you want (which is absurd), or just leave it running.

zychi

Banned
If that means multiple badges for single games (aside from the standard and foil split), I'd hate that.

Either. They drop randomly when you're in the required game. You can play if you want (which is absurd), or just leave it running.

sweet. i really don't feel like playing through the single player games again. hopefully i get all the bl2 ones when i play the new dlc

Chronoja

Question: The tf2 cards have 2 separate entities on the market, "Game cards" and "Trading cards" what, if any is the difference between these? I'm assuming that trading cards are the new, post beta form and "game" were from before? The "Game" version of these cards are retaining a higher value than the trading variant. Edit: the tf2 cards I have from the beta are trading, so they must be the old kind.

dot

Question: The tf2 cards have 2 separate entities on the market, "Game cards" and "Trading cards" what, if any is the difference between these? I'm assuming that trading cards are the new, post beta form and "game" were from before? The "Game" version of these cards are retaining a higher value than the trading variant.

One is called a game card and the other is called a trading card.

i have no idea

Oh hey, I recognize you.

Hello person from the other forum! :)

Javaman

God damnit. Those tradingcardfoils are going for 35 cents. Whatever. 40 cents less than what I paid. I had extra steam wallet money for such a long time, no biggie.

It doesn't help that they are ugly as shit.

I've got to say, it was a genius move by valve to make the booster packs. That way there are always new cards in the system to be sold. As it was before, crafting was a sink for cards and they can't be traded after crafting. Now there's the almost the same number of cards floating around creating even more money for them. (slightly less with each crafting)

vazel

Banned
The whole thing just seems superfluous. I don't want or need for the whole XP/achievement craze to extend itself to my steam profile.
I don't care about metagames either. But this metagame gave me free money which I used to buy 3 games(CS:GO, Rising Storm, and The Secret World).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom