• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Selling steam cards market seems to have collapsed after out of beta :(

Carm

Quote for keys

Dino D-Day:

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter:

Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter:

Karateka:

Fairy Blossom Freesia:

Patrician IV Steam Special Edition:

Slam Bolt Scrappers:

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And I also just added $25 to my Wallet to max out the Dota 2 badge because the cards are cheap enough. Hooray!

Wok

I don't think Super Splatters is selling too well. The game was released yesterday and is only #82 in the top sellers. We will see whether Indie Fund publishes a blog post about the devs making enough money. This arcade game is not bad so far.

JaseC

Oh JaseC, you're not spending money just to get cards now are you? I worry about you. I really do.

I made a tiny bit of it back by selling dupe emoticons/backgrounds. ;) But this is it until after the Summer Sale; I just figured that the regular Dota 2 and TF2 game cards aren't going to get much cheaper than they already are.

kaleii

I made a tiny bit of it back by selling dupe emoticons/backgrounds. ;) But this is it until after the Summer Sale; I just figured that the regular Dota 2 and TF2 game cards aren't going to get much cheaper than they already are.

I feel like we've hit a new low here. I wonder if Gaben realises what you're doing and shows some responsibility by starting the sale soon.

JaseC

I feel like we've hit a new low here. I wonder if Gaben realises what you're doing and shows some responsibility by starting the sale soon.

The sale starting in July is better for me as July 1st marks the beginning of tax time here. ;)

Salsa

between this and the Saoirse appreciation thread im feeling like we're in that treshold where JaseC's hijinks stop being funny and jokey and we all begin to worry.

homerinsertbrainhere.gif

wilflare

I have no luck with Foils... no luck with Booster
almost sold all my cards
out of games to get cards from

$28.88 free monies richer

JaseC

Any chance Dark Souls could hit 75% off during the summer sale?

A slim one. I'd say -66% is more likely given the base price drop in March ($40 -> $30).

between this and the Saoirse appreciation thread im feeling like we're in that treshold where JaseC's hijinks stop being funny and jokey and we all begin to worry.

homerinsertbrainhere.gif

The Saoirse Ronan Appreciation thread is the best thread on GAF, even though it's basically my fan blog. :p

This thread is a close second. <3

JaseC

I was going to level up CS:GO, but the card prices are still ~20c too high for my liking.

eyeless

dark souls was 75% off on amazon recently, i don't know that i'd say chances of that happening during the summer sale are 'slim', seems reasonably likely to me

JaseC

dark souls was 75% off on amazon recently, i don't know that i'd say chances of that happening during the summer sale are 'slim', seems reasonably likely to me

The thing about guessing a Steam discount is that some publishers have in the past year become complacent with lower discounts compared to other retailers as the sheer size of Steam's active userbase means a ton of copies will be sold even if the game is cheaper elsewhere. The best example of this little phenomenon is last year's Summer Sale, where Amazon out-discounted many of Steam's Dailies.

Only bought three so far. I think I am going to keep the cards

Aw. :(

Xanathus

None of my friends want to buy Dark Souls even at that price, and even after I offer to buy it for them for another 20% discount. Fucking assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom