• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
None of my friends want to buy Dark Souls even at that price, and even after I offer to buy it for them for another 20% discount. Fucking assholes.

I think it's time to sell your friends on the Steam Market and buy new ones. Unusuals tend to fetch a good price, actually!

None of my friends want to buy Dark Souls even at that price, and even after I offer to buy it for them for another 20% discount. Fucking assholes.

I sympathise with them to be honest. I was half tempted myself, but I am building quite the backlog of games and so don't have the time needed to dedicate to a game like Dark Souls.

I sympathise with them to be honest. I was half tempted myself, but I am building quite the backlog of games and so don't have the time needed to dedicate to a game like Dark Souls.
6pDW9DL.gif

Fuck your backlog man! Get Dark Souls. Play Dark Souls. You won't need to find the time to dedicate to it, it'll just happen.

Xanathus

I just want them to buy it so that I have someone to co-op it with. I already played the fuck out of it on the PS3 and it's pretty boring to go through it again even though I haven't played the DLC stuff. One of the excuses given for not buying it was that it has GFWL, WTF?

JaseC

The cards are so beautiful. It's a shame to craft a badge of them

While you don't keep the cards themselves as inventory items, after reaching Level 5, they do remain in the temporary "binder":

dota2badgelmztb.jpg

I just want them to buy it so that I have someone to co-op it with. I already played the fuck out of it on the PS3 and it's pretty boring to go through it again even though I haven't played the DLC stuff. One of the excuses given for not buying it was that it has GFWL, WTF?

To be fair, GFWL giving people grief isn't exactly uncommon, so if your friend has had trouble with it in the past, the reason is valid.

TheD

The Detective
Does anyone else have a trading card called :tradingcard: in their inventory?

It says "Reward for participating in the Steam Trading Card Beta" as it's description and it has a small picture that seems to be only a trading card border.

Deques

It says "Reward for participating in the Steam Trading Card Beta" as it's description and it has a small picture that seems to be only a trading card border.

Everyone who was in the beta get this item. It's an emoticon

Dingotech

Yes it's an emoticon reward item for participating in the beta

Danj

Why does someone not wanting to buy a game with a reputation for being brutally difficult make them an asshole?

B-b-b-but, I wanted a game with a duck with headphones that uppercuts stuff to space :(.

Thanks by the way !

Sadly, I had the same experience when I found him way back when I went through the XBLA version. My first reaction was that there was a Ducktails game where Huey grows up and becomes a DJ, but alas that doesn't exist (yet...)

Ryan_

I'm curious. Since Valve hasn't really actively been countering idling in TF2, will they start now since you could potentially get trading cards from it? Or do you only get them from achievements?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Given that I wss unable to play it two weeks ago when my internet connection was down, I'd like to give that friend of yours a handshake.

Why does someone not wanting to buy a game with a reputation for being brutally difficult make them an asshole?
Because some people like to feel they are better than the rest for liking a game (or pretty much any other piece of media) that has gained a certain cult status. They believe everyone who doesn't share their same taste to be inferior.

Or maybe they are assholes for completely unrelated reasons. Who knows?

JaseC

I'm curious. Since Valve hasn't really actively been countering idling in TF2, will they start now since you could potentially get trading cards from it? Or do you only get them from achievements?

Trading cards are given out periodically while you're in-game*, so idling is as discouraged as ever (which is to say, not at all).

* Booster packs (a set of three cards -- with a choice of a foil -- for a particular game) are given out randomly, regardless of whether or not you're in-game: the only requirement is that you need to have been online once in the past week.

Ryan_

Trading cards are given out periodically while you're in-game*, so idling is as discouraged as ever (which is to say, not at all).

* Booster packs are given out randomly, regardless of whether or not you're in-game: the only requirement is that you need to have been online once in the past week.

Thanks for the heads up. Time to fire up the old idle accounts!

Tak3n

Banned

* Booster packs (a set of three cards -- with a choice of a foil -- for a particular game) are given out randomly, regardless of whether or not you're in-game: the only requirement is that you need to have been online once in the past week.

Apologies for being wayyyyyy OT, who is that actress in your profile pic, my Wife is doing my head in keep trying to guess who she is (Weird I know)

JaseC

I maxed out the Psychonauts and Offspring Fling badges seeing as the cards were all hovering around the ~20c mark. Now I'm really done with badges until the Summer Sale is over.

xJavonta

Banned
Anyone know why Dark Souls refuses to start for me? I just formatted my computer like 3 hours ago and I'm running Windows 7. It won't start. All it does is install Direct X and jump back to Steam.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
My current dream is Steam releasing NOLF 1+2 with cards as bonus.
I still have the discs for both games, but I would repurchase them the instant they became available on Steam. Especially if they had the GOTY edition of the first game. It came with a great music CD that I lost long ago.

Where the hell is the Mortal Kombat store page?

It bothers me that it's not up yet.

Yeah, I pre-ordered from GMG and I expected to have gotten my keys by now.

Only reason I own it is because my buddy gifted it to me after I told him that I would not under any circumstance buy another gfwl game.

JaseC

Come to think of it, Dark Souls profile backgrounds would be awesome. Make it happen, Scamco. Maybe I'll even stop calling you "Scamco" if you do!

If your wife asks, tell her that I believe that's a repeated avatar. Seems Jase is running out of them.

Not running out per se, just lacking new material. I need an avatar-friendly shot of dat new hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom