• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so they can just put a hacked rom of it on steam and valve can collect the money right

That's actually probably the quickest and easiest way to find out who owns the rights...

In all likelihood they're trapped under Bobby's giant sack of money.

JaseC

psh $5....that'll probably tank though. I've watched my foil go from $25 to $2 since it launched yesterday

My rare Defender's Quest foil went unsold for two weeks. I had originally listed it at $40 (it was the only one for quite a while) and finally sold it today for $8.45. :(

Edit: hoifh8ofsifshoifsahiofsah

My rare Defender's Quest foil went unsold for two weeks. I had originally listed it at $40 (it was the only one for quite a while) and finally sold it today for $8.45. :(

Edit: hoifh8ofsifshoifsahiofsah

damn man. I got mine at $6 now, but the ones that the top are < $2.00. Since i'm rolling in card money, I'll wait this one out.

Chronoja

I've stockpiled a bunch of refined and am interested in getting some credit for them.
Of course these are not marketable so what would be a fair trade?
2 refined for 1 key?

This topic probably has a better home in the tf2 trading thread over on the community side but I'll answer anyways.

I couldn't seem to find the direct price on the tf2 spreadsheet but according to this site a tf2 key is currently worth roughly 5/6 refined metal. I never used/seen this site before so I can't really attest to its validity.

Nabs

spotlight_image_english.png

Grief.exe

I don't think I've seen split advertising like this on Steam.

Would make sense to take you to all of the weekend or mid-week deals in one click, instead of requiring people to click 'next' to see the deal.
Increased visibility is increased sales.

i81merI.png

JaseC

Would make sense to take you to all of the weekend or mid-week deals in one click, instead of requiring people to click 'next' to see the deal.

i81merI.png

This can only mean more games will be discounted going forward. Blessed be you, Valve.

Edit: FYI, there's a second Weekend Deal, same as always: it's Endless Space.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The weird thing about NOLF is that neither WB (the games were developed by Monolith) nor Acti (Fox Interactive -> Vivendi Games -> Activision-Blizzard) claim to have the rights to the game. I think they've become a victim of transition, long buried somewhere nobody at Acti knows to look.
They could put the game up, wait I buy it and then if somebody complains, take it down.

Nice new avatar, Suarez doesn't look like she always does. I didn't know she had a nose piercing.

i81merI.png

it's only logical. They could just have a 'weekend deals' dial, with all the games photoshopped together. Click and you get the games with prices.

You're welcome, Valve.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Hey cool, Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded just released. Forgot about that title.
Looks great! Never really played the original (read; never came anywhere beyond the entrance to Lefty's)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'd buy the Rocksmith DLC if it were 75% off.
I'd buy Rocksmith if I had the cable. I'm looking at local prices, and it seems I can't buy it alone. The PS3 game costs between $50 and $90 depending on the shop/seller, and apparently it comes with the cable. Does anyone know if it will work on PC? (the cable, of course). And are the cables that come with the "Guitar only" and "Guitar and Bass" versions the same? I plan on using my bass with it.

nexen

Hey cool, Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded just released. Forgot about that title.
Looks great! Never really played the original (read; never came anywhere beyond the entrance to Lefty's)

This is the third time this game has been made. Weird.

DirtRiver

Can someone tell me how to download Chivalry for the free weekend? Can't find it on my games list and the banner doesn't have a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom