• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronoja

does anybody have a coupon that expires AFTER july 8th? that seems like the probable sale start date since i know some are expiring then (even though they usually start on thursdays iirc).

or did any coupons overlap into sales since they've existed?

The coupons made from crafting have like a 1/2 week or something expiry date from the moment they were crafted. They don't care about potential sales dates since very few / none of the crafted ones stack with sale discounts.

Tomodachi

Isn't the old "no games coming out in those days" rule still valid? I'm sure somebody already mentioned there's a wasteland between July the 12th and the 23rd, a bit late considering the previous summer sales but who knows. I would be fine with those dates, more cards to sell in the meantime.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
does anybody have a coupon that expires AFTER july 8th? that seems like the probable sale start date since some are expiring then (even though they usually start on thursdays iirc).

Oh shit, my birthday. Maybe Valve will gift me the whole Steam catalog as a present?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
does anybody have a coupon that expires AFTER july 8th? that seems like the probable sale start date since some are expiring then (even though they usually start on thursdays iirc).

All of mine bar two expire on July 4th, which is a Thursday.

Edit: Ah, they're designed to expire after two weeks.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Paradox is bringing the awesome Teleglitch to Steam and other DD sites:

Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games and a liker of rogues, today announced a partnership with indie developer T3P to bring out an extended version of survival-horror action game Teleglitch entitled Teleglitch: Die More Edition. Teleglitch, a roguelike top-down shooter that traps players in a military research station in the middle of a catastrophe, features procedurally generated levels, craftable and combinable weapons, and the constant risk of permanent death. A game of Teleglitch carries the constant dread of the unknown, where players never know what’s around the next corner, or whether it will be the last thing they ever see. Teleglitch: Die More Edition is scheduled to launch on major digital distribution platforms for PC, Mac, and Linux for $12.99 this summer.

Existing Teleglitch customers will also get upgraded to the "Die More Edition" for free.

View science gone horribly wrong by checking out the announcement trailer for Teleglitch: Die More Edition here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEnS4wPRETw&hd=1

In a dystopic future ruled by sinister mega-corporations, an inhospitable planet at the edge of space houses a research station for Military Technology Incorporated, specializing in ‘necrotic tissue reactivation and nonhuman combatants.’ A massive disaster has wiped out the entire staff, save for one surviving scientist, now surrounded by robots, clones, and the reanimated corpses of his colleagues. The entire planet has been quarantined, nobody is coming to help, and the only escape option is at the other end of the facility. Well… survival is not for everyone.

The Die More Edition also includes new branching bonus levels, such as the Robotic Hardware Assembly, the Damage Statistics Department, and Unstable Product Reconfiguration. Players will have access to new items and weapons in order to survive, plus new story content above and beyond those included in the original indie hit – along with smarter, deadlier enemy AI to prevent players from ever seeing it.

Teleglitch: Die More Edition features:

10 procedurally generated levels, different every time you play
Over 20 types of deadly, relentless enemies
Dozens of weapons and items, which can be crafted and combined into improvised tools and deadly devices
A sinister plot to be unraveled within the twisting corridors of the Militech facility
The constant threat of swift, permanent death to keep players on edge

A livestream of Teleglitch: Die More Edition will occur on June 27th at 8 p.m. CEST / 7 p.m. BST / 11 a.m. PDT at www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive, where the game’s developers and producer will be showing off the new content for as long as they manage to live.

To learn more about Teleglitch: Die More Edition, visit http://www.teleglitch.com

Chronoja

Oh shit, my birthday. Maybe Valve will gift me the whole Steam catalog as a present?

I just realized as a game collector that would be a nightmare. Imagine having every game gifted to you in the Steam/Press package and none of it adding to your game total. And I assume since you own everything you can no longer buy the games yourself so you are stuck with whatever number you had before the gift. Another one of those eternal torment situations.

Isn't the old "no games coming out in those days" rule still valid? I'm sure somebody already mentioned there's a wasteland between July the 12th and the 23rd, a bit late considering the previous summer sales but who knows. I would be fine with those dates, more cards to sell in the meantime.

I'll accept those dates. Would only missed the first few days then.

JaseC

We've known it's not this week since the Midweek Madness deals went up. The date needs to be removed from the thread title.

marrec

Banned

I'm fairly certain that last year we had a few game releases during the summer sale... I could be wrong though...

nexen

That looks...awesome.
Have you played it yourself? Is it worth seeking out?

I own it, but I haven't played it since probably 1997 or 98. At the time I thought it was amazing. Super fast paced and controlled like a dream. I always wondered why no one made any others like it (it does have a fantasy themed version that came out at the exact same time. Can't recall the name off the top of my head though)

Hope it shows up on GOG some day.

Gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkZ-6FXV-nY
hmm, not as fast as I remember.

Oh I found the fantasy themed one. Mageslayer. It wasn't as good iirc.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/mageslayer

Baha

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/applications-for-the-agarest-beta-now-open

Hi everyone. Laughing Jackal have been hard at work for the past week on the PC version of Agarest: Generations of War and as promised we are now able to open applications for the closed beta.

To enter the closed beta all you need to do is to send an email to agarest_beta@ghostlight.uk.com with your name, date of birth, Steam username, the email address associated with your Steam account and the technical specifications of your PC.

As we only have a limited number of places available for the beta please feel free to tell us why you would be particularly suited to helping us with the beta. This may include previous experience in beta testing or anything else that you feel is relevant.

The minimum pc requirements to run Agarest: Generations of War are:

Windows XP or later
2 Ghz Processor
2 Gb RAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Graphics card: needs to support v3 shaders
To whet your appetites, I thought some of you might be interested in seeing some screenshots of Agarest: Generations of War running on my PC. The screens may not yet be final but I thought they might give an interesting insider’s look at where we are now.

Grief.exe

I miss anything interesting while the Australians ran amok in the thread?

Yeah, I pre-ordered from GMG and I expected to have gotten my keys by now.

GMG generally doesn't send out keys until the day before the release date or on the release date. There have been exceptions to either go over or under.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized as a game collector that would be a nightmare. Imagine having every game gifted to you in the Steam/Press package and none of it adding to your game total. And I assume since you own everything you can no longer buy the games yourself so you are stuck with whatever number you had before the gift. Another one of those eternal torment situations.
And I won't experience the satisfaction and pleasure from buying a game on a good sale anymore. Yeah, actually you're right, it's living hell.

You won't trick me, Valve. I WILL buy each and every one of my games, and I WON'T accept them for free.

That looks...awesome.
Have you played it yourself? Is it worth seeking out?
I had tried it long ago when a friend lent me his CD (yay for DRM-free games!), and didn't like it. Can't remember anything about it, though.

JaseC

Dealing with some dickish insurance company holding rights is a little different from dealing with 20th Century Fox I suspect.

The weird thing about NOLF is that neither WB (the games were developed by Monolith) nor Acti (Fox Interactive -> Vivendi Games -> Activision-Blizzard) claim to have the rights to the game. I think they've become a victim of transition, long buried somewhere nobody at Acti knows to look.

The weird thing about NOLF is that neither WB (the games were developed by Monolith) nor Acti (Fox Interactive -> Vivendi Games -> Activision-Blizzard) claim to have the rights to the game. I think they've become a victim of transition, long buried somewhere nobody at Acti knows to look.

so they can just put a hacked rom of it on steam and valve can collect the money right

That's actually probably the quickest and easiest way to find out who owns the rights...

There is a hierarchy of trade currencies. Refined Metal < Keys < Ear Buds < Uniques or whatever.

The rarer the item the more it starts to cost. I think Ear buds cost 22/23 keys, so once a rarity surpasses 22/23 keys it's measured in ear buds etc.

I've stockpiled a bunch of refined and am interested in getting some credit for them.
Of course these are not marketable so what would be a fair trade?
2 refined for 1 key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom