• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

So do you have to choose if you want to have a steam key or an origin key or they give you both?

They give you what would be the best for the customer.

Individual Origin keys, and individual Steam keys when available.

Fonz72

Goddamn! EA wants people in that client so damn bad, they are giving away game access on a competitor's platform!

Actually, I think this is great. Good on EA for giving to charity.

Retne

I'm in for a dollar. Even if just to secure the extra bonuses that will come next week. I figure Crysis 2 and Burnout Paradise are worth $1 easy.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Look, let's get some perspective here, people:

I hate EA. I hate what they're doing to the industry. I think a PC ecosystem where EA is a dominant player is a nightmare scenario. I have never even been particularly fond of EA games in general, either.

However, EA isn't filled with evil people punching out sequels in-between trips to an all-you-can-masticate baby buffet.

They are very active in supporting LGBT rights, not to mention other charitable endeavors they fund through sales of some of their games.

Is it a smoke screen? Is there no such thing as true altruism and everything, no matter how imperceptible, is just a play to further your genetic code?

Those are interesting questions, but not ones that are particularly relevant to them offering up a bunch of games and giving the proceeds to charity.

Freezard

How are the steam versions?
Did they retcon the origin connection stuff into the older games?
I see Mirror's edge & Dead Space list "online authentication and acceptance of end user license agreement required to play" on the store page.

Mirror's Edge and Dead Space have no DRM on Steam. They're excellent.

Also, the average price is going down... hmm. Never had that happen in a Humble Bundle before.

ss_lemonade

I probably haven't even touched 10% of what I bought yet.
I bought a couple, won a couple through modbot and from my acquired goods, I've only played Sleeping Dogs (done with the main game and nightmare dlc) and Dark Souls (died 100 times).

Still, I have this weird urge to buy more stuff that I probably won't play right away.

I need to decide whether to spend money this month on steam, or on the recent Vita sale that's going on

i'm even surprised they're offering steam keys for the games on steam. Most if not all online distributors(amazon etc) only offer origin keys for sale

qazqaNii

How does the bonus game work on the humble bundle? Like when do they get added and will there be a price increase when they're released.

HoosTrax

$1 now, then the difference later
Think this is the way to go for now, pending something interesting being added to the BTA.
i'm even surprised they're offering steam keys for the games on steam. Most if not all online distributors(amazon etc) only offer origin keys for sale
How many people would be interested if it were just Origin keys. They tried that once a while back with a different bundle.

iavi

How does the bonus game work on the humble bundle? Like when do they get added and will there be a price increase when they're released.

Buy in now, and you'll get the bonus games when they release without having to add to your donation.

Dolor

How many people would be interested if it were just Origin keys.

Having Steam codes was the difference between me buying and passing it up. I have too many games as it is that I don't need Origin games too :). I'll modbot the Origin only codes if I can.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, that new thread smell... 6 pages already?! I need to check GAF more often it seems, heh.

And the Origin bundle is pretty insane... Bought if for all the games with 3 after them. :p Rest'll go up to ModBot.

Khronico

Bought the Bundle for 5$. Nothing is going to EA is good.

$1.25, I beat you.
scrooge.jpg

Also can't run like half of these games, lol. Guess It's time for another giveaway.

So what do we think the late bta unlocks will be?

The noticeable by its absence DS2?
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate collection to hype the upcoming DA3?
a Bad Company?

I didn't say it was evil. I'm just saying it's not particularly humble.

What do you want them to do, beg?

Is there no such thing as true altruism?

Let's hope not. This isn't altruistic. It's designed to help EA's public perception while also doing something good for the charities involved and for consumers. But it's not altruism, and thank goodness it is not. "If any civilization is to survive, it is the morality of altruism that men have to reject." /Rand.

Grief.exe

Eanan

The best thing about this being an EA bundle, is that they have such a top quality back log, that the weekly additions could be anything. It could be Crysis 1, Dead space 2 (most likely one of them), a mass effect game, a need for speed game. It would be sweet if we got 3 or 4 games though.

Copons

Checking on Steam store pages, I'm noticing EA games don't have (explicit) controller support, neither full nor partial. WTF!

DaBoss

It's absolutely amazing on 360. Not sure how well it was implemented on PC.
Paradise? It's pretty awesome. Got a huge amount of single player stuff and the free roaming multiplayer is a blast if you have folks to play with.
Always heard enthusiastic words on that, from anyone who played it, so I'm gonna assume it's a good one. :)

Thanks for the responses. It seems the PC version has gotten positive reviews at a quick glance, so will probably get that.

Does anyone know the cheapest price BF3 has been at? What's the regular price?

$19.99

Not sure about what the cheapest was, but I think this is the cheapest it has ever been. Unless you got it for free with that Origin coupon deal lol.

kafiend

Pity the humble bundle didn't start before this thread did.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Humbled into installing Origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom