• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Nice, Amazon Payment is dead. It gives me an error when I click on the button in the HIB page.

Anyway, does the site gives two codes, one for Steam and one for Origin? Separate codes for every game?

Dolor

Holy Shit. EA really wants that Origin user count(or not).

Yeah, I am guessing they are wondering what is the max level of users they can get if they basically give away a bunch of their back catalog.

Probably a bit of motivated reasoning, but I see this as one more piece of evidence of the inevitable return of EA games to Steam. Origin simply hasn't gotten/can't get as big of an audience as Steam has.

My guess is when this is done, EA will see that although they got many more users from the bundle, no one really likes/wants Origin, and so those new users won't stick around, and ultimately the Origin user base still will pale in comparison to Steam.

Nabs

While I do like using the SPUF for finding solutions to bugs, I really can't stand the new discussion forums. It's hard to find one where the top thread isn't: DON'T BUY THIS GAME.

Nice, Amazon Payment is dead. It gives me an error when I click on the button in the HIB page.

Anyway, does the site gives two codes, one for Steam and one for Origin? Separate codes for every game?

Every game has two individual keys, one for Steam and one for Origin. Apart from the couple that are exclusively on Origin.

Terra_Ex

I've been trying so fucking hard in there. I think I have to give up, I am physically cringing reading these replies.

wPUTroq.png

ibu2nDSCfYfBtm.png

Haha, next you should try convincing the Steam Community not to auto-tank trading card prices, I feel you'll have a greater chance of success.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'm going to be giving out some of the Humble Bundle games soon. I own everything but The Sims 3 and Medal of Honor.

HoosTrax

While I do like using the SPUF for finding solutions to bugs, I really can't stand the new discussion forums. It's hard to find one where the top thread isn't: DON'T BUY THIS GAME.
Or page after page worth of "I have 25/50/75% off coupon, want to trade for games"

It's going to be a mess once modbot comes back online and this thread gets flooded with Origin keys...

Grief.exe

Wow! Massive thanks to r3n4ud!

Seriously made my day, I've been very poor lately because of roommate issues that recently came up.

CBXBuwz.png

garath

Oh dear. It's getting TF2'd. On the bright side if I start playing again I might be able to make some steam wallet monies if anything is tradeable.

https://www.humblebundle.com/?originbundle

Humble Origin Bundle

What is happening

Dead Space 3 as PWYW holy crap

Wow. Pretty nice bundle. I only really want Dead Space 3 from there but hey, it's for charity. I'm in for $10.

Milamber

Christ! Registering these damned Sims3 keys to the sims website is not working at all. Even when I already linked it to my Origin ID.

dream

I'm just glad Betrayer is set at a reasonable price, unlike that other "early access" game that vexes me with its existence.

maty

I just catched up with the thread, WTF has happened? EA on a humble bundle? :S

At least the money raised goes to charity.

Nabs

Or page after page worth of "I have 25/50/75% off coupon, want to trade for games"

It's going to be a mess once modbot comes back online and this thread gets flooded with Origin keys...

I saw one where it got so bad the developer had to create a separate forum for coupon trading.

edit:
iP6dfH89tymGT.png

Parallacs

This game kind of got lumped together with DX invisible war in the hate-a-thon but it's actually a really good game. Well worth it.

I agree. I loved playing it. The atmosphere was great.

The only thing I hated was the completely unnecessary overworld and I guess the silly voice acting.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
A new one already? I really can't keep up with these threads lol.

I'm utterly surprised at both the Origin Bundle AND the fact that some have Steam keys... I hope the game they'll typically add later ends up being NFSMW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom