• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sorry. Was in the Event Horizon thread earlier and what I found amusing as a response I have subsequently realized won't be found amusing to most :D

Won't remove it though because it's been quoted but I won't do such a thing again.
When people say "NSFW", I was thinking about naked flesh, that fits the "Not Safe For Work" tag, or maybe some mischief

denx

Mufasa: A member's time as poster rises and falls like the sun. One day, Simba, a mod will set on my ban here, and you will rise as an unjuniored member.
Simba: And on all these threads I'll be able to post?
Mufasa: Everything.
Simba: Everything the light touches. {Simba looks all around. He looks at the console launch threads to the north} What about that shadowy place?
Mufasa: That's beyond our borders. You must never post there, Simba.
Simba: But I thought a member can post wherever he wants.
Mufasa: Oh, there's more to being a member than... getting your way all the time.
{Mufasa starts back down the rock}
Simba: {Awed} There's more?
Mufasa: {Chuckles} Simba...
Mufasa: Everything you see exists together, in a delicate balance. As a member, you need to understand that balance, and respect all the creatures-- from the indie gamer to the Vita gamer.
Simba: But, Dad, isn't the PC gamer always superior?
Mufasa: Yes, Simba, but let me explain. When we post, our comments become the troll bait. And the mods eat the bait. And so we are all connected in the great Circle of Bans.

1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

When people say "NSFW", I was thinking about naked flesh, that fits the "Not Safe For Work" tag, or maybe some mischief

Yeah, as I said, sorry!

And I was banned for a week for posting that I had read the Game of Thrones books in the TV thread for people who hadn't. Didn't know at the time there were multiple threads. Didn't spoil anything, just said I'd read them, but from what I understand earlier that day someone had spoiled the 5th book so mods were on hig alert.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Don't worry guys, I will assume the roles of Salsa and Derrick. Simultaneously.

Don't do that, every time I see a salsa post I read it thinking is Donald Duck talking. I don't know why, but I don't want to lose that.

Yeah, as I said, sorry!

And I was banned for a week for posting that I had read the Game of Thrones books in the TV thread for people who hadn't. Didn't know at the time there were multiple threads. Didn't spoil anything, just said I'd read them, but from what I understand earlier that day someone had spoiled the 5th book so mods were on hig alert.
Yeah, I don't like TV spoilers only thread too, there's some unspoken animosity from the TV-only viewers to book readers, and it's impossible to discuss with them when they started speculating future plots.

bengraven

Not Steam, but does anyone want this?

I got a free Bundle of the Undead from Groupees a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure I never redeemed it. First person to message me will get it.

Zombies Ruined My Day
Zafehouse: Diaries
Night of the Living Dead Defense
Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead
Zombie Bowl-O-Rama
NecroVisioN – Hardcore Edition
The Haunted: Hells Reach

Zafehouse is awesome, btw, but I already own it on GOG.

Check steam and all of a sudden it's Total War Card madness for all!

Turns out Empire: Total War was my first game on steam on this account. I had an older account but there was nothing but HL2 in it so no big loss.

Tenrius

I never really liked the clique aspect of Steam threads, to be honest.
Hope you guys won't hate me for saying that.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So what's the over-under on Rime getting the same treatment as Deadlight?

That games seems like an incubation or even complete exclusive to PS4.

I know that's an easy day 1 on PS4 for me.

What makes me laugh is how some ignore or downplay the massive indie presence on PS4 when it's lots of games we here love on PC and some which are not even coming out on PC or any other platform (initially). As a fan of games and mainly PC gamer, this makes me happy to see some of the little guys getting their due.

Grief.exe

I never really liked the clique aspect of Steam threads, to be honest.
Hope you guys won't hate me for saying that.

I'm sorry you feel that way, I hope to include as many people as possible in PC gaming and don't want to lock anyone out of the fun.

Grief aint going anywhere. Hes the hired gnome to research this gfwl removal business of bioshock and batman.

I was banned fairly recently for posting a common Reccetear image that has some offensive language tied to it. I realized my mistake, and it shouldn't happen again.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It's easy to se why a person was banned, just use the "Find More/all Posts by User" feature on them, check the last few posts they made, see how those could go against the TOS, then add the member's usual behavior to the mix.

Bans usually take the member's overall conduct into account (unless it's an obvious tier one transgression, those are insta-kill), so it may not be clear at first. I assume this also weights on why mods don't normally announce why a ban happened as it can be attributed to more than one cause (plus, it's not good when specific case-by-case reasons become gospel in the eyes of the community).

Not trying to backseat mod here and I usually don't get into ban discussion, just trying to be helpful since there were a lot of "he was banned? why?" posts today for obvious reasons. Here's a post Stump made earlier regarding the subject.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That games seems like an incubation or even complete exclusive to PS4.

I know that's an easy day 1 on PS4 for me.
A 15$ indie game isn't going to move any consoles. It's just a dick move when it comes to making indie property exclusives. The devs are almost always smart enough to hold onto the IP though thank god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom