• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
While we were down, I noticed that GameFly does not allow users to remove saved payment information for some reason. You need to go through support chat to remove it. And since GF doesn't allow Paypal, just credit card stuff, if you've ever bought something from GameFly your info is theirs for good. Their TOS also allows them to retain deleted info. So, that's very consumer friendly!
After noticing you couldn't remove payment information yourself, I basically wrote them off for any purchases after my current CC expires in early 2014. Didn't realize their TOS had anything like that in it, though. Gross.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
that's great, I was hoping you'd add something like that

I really wish steam notified you when there are cards enabled for a game you own

Yeah with this you can just see the ones that still have drops, so assuming you get all of the cards for your games (I've obviously still have about 100 left from the summer sale) then you can visit your badge progress page, hit this button, and find just the games you need to idle... em, play

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'd like to dive into that kick, son.

7.50 USD on paypal (that price already includes the horrible 10% paypal taxes for Brazilians (like myself) that can't be avoided) and the other copy can be yours. It's not much of a discount from the 9.50 USD for each copy on the 2pack on the USD store, but it's still better than nothing, right? right?

PM me for details.

You know what, fuck it, I'll gift it to a friend.

Slyjss

Trying to download Dead Space 3 on Origin has made me realize how much I love Steam. The download stops every 15 minutes or so, and the only way to make it work is restarting the program. BRILLIANT. If they thought Humble Bundle was enough to wash Origin's image, they're so wrong...

HoosTrax

No I didn't, and further let me be honest with you--this calendar year I've made 76 bans. By comparison, Steve Youngblood became a mod 6 weeks ago or so, and he's banned almost double the number of people I have this calendar year. EviLore has been off literally running away from bulls more often than not and he's banned more people than me this year. I think Nirolak had a single thread where he banned about two-thirds the number of people I've banned, total, this year. All this to say that if someone gets banned and they think it was me, it almost certainly wasn't me.

My contribution to the team is not racking up the kill count. It's taking part in conversations, helping try to set a good posting example, encouraging people to try to get on the same page, processing menial admin requests, and working on some of the tools that we use behind the scenes to make moderation easier. Well, that's what I hope my contribution is. Maybe they're all plotting to fire me.
Of course these all excuses to cover up all the quality time he's been spending with Modbot. Ever since Modbot came along, Stump has just been unfocused, distracted -- he's lost that edge, that will to ban...

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah with this you can just see the ones that still have drops, so assuming you get all of the cards for your games (I've obviously still have about 100 left from the summer sale) then you can visit your badge progress page, hit this button, and find just the games you need to idle... em, play

yeah that's perfect

just click "card drops remaining only" or something and get that fuzzy feeling there are still games to be idled

Yes, even with Enhanced Steam's pricing stuff you still want to make sure that the key you're getting ready to buy will work in your region.

Anyway, while GAF was having a heart attack I got to work on a new frustration:

6Y56wP7.png

Amazing stuff as always.

While we were down, I noticed that GameFly does not allow users to remove saved payment information for some reason. You need to go through support chat to remove it. And since GF doesn't allow Paypal, just credit card stuff, if you've ever bought something from GameFly your info is theirs for good. Their TOS also allows them to retain deleted info. So, that's very consumer friendly!

I was always annoyed that I couldn't purchase anything from GameFly, even stuff that was tagged to be available in Switzerland.

Crisis averted.

Eternia

This is my Steam curse. I'm not good at strategy games and I rarely play them but I still buy WAY too many because I think that at some point I will spend the time to get into some of them. Never happens. They all look so cool though.
Yeah, on my list and I could be going from Civilization to say Sins of the Solar Empire to Endless Space then off the deep end with Crusader Kings. Whenever that'll happen, it'll be a good day month.

I did dabble in a little Warlock and Endless Space and together they ate up nearly 100 hours. I've barely even played them but I do love controlling or at least watching huge empires at work.

Grief.exe

Here is what I came up with for that Chaos Theory cover

No I didn't, and further let me be honest with you--this calendar year I've made 76 bans. By comparison, Steve Youngblood became a mod 6 weeks ago or so, and he's banned almost double the number of people I have this calendar year. EviLore has been off literally running away from bulls more often than not and he's banned more people than me this year. I think Nirolak had a single thread where he banned about two-thirds the number of people I've banned, total, this year. All this to say that if someone gets banned and they think it was me, it almost certainly wasn't me.

My contribution to the team is not racking up the kill count. It's taking part in conversations, helping try to set a good posting example, encouraging people to try to get on the same page, processing menial admin requests, and working on some of the tools that we use behind the scenes to make moderation easier. Well, that's what I hope my contribution is. Maybe they're all plotting to fire me.

Gotta get that quota up Stump.

Momentary

Banned
Concerning KOF XIII:

I feel like they should have given the beta test to people who actually purchased the game. Now we have people and pirates who cheated the system with multiple e-mail accounts that are playing the beta test. SNK Playmore just doesn't think things through.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The hell, how can they possibly justify retaining that information,

Well it's not sinister "MWAHAHAHAHA WE GET YOUR INFO FOREVER"--it's more that they reserve the right to retain your information in order to be able to deal with any order issues or disputes. That makes total sense, of course, but isn't exactly a great feeling when you're already not super high on the service as a whole and don't feel great about the info they have.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Concerning KOF XIII:

I feel like they should have given the beta test to people who actually purchased the game. Now we have people and pirates who cheated the system with multiple e-mail accounts that are playing the beta test. SNK Playmore just doesn't think things through.
I've been told there's a lot of lag playing online but it is hard to know for sure without knowing where (ping wise) is your opponent.

For instance in SFIV you can't play against someone with 200ms ping or above.

Turfster

Well it's not sinister "MWAHAHAHAHA WE GET YOUR INFO FOREVER"--it's more that they reserve the right to retain your information in order to be able to deal with any order issues or disputes. That makes total sense, of course, but isn't exactly a great feeling when you're already not super high on the service as a whole and don't feel great about the info they have.

And then they get hacked...

Grief.exe

I can't believe how much GAF has been struggling today.

I've been gone for a couple hours for class and there has only been a few posts.

The_Monk

I can't believe how much GAF has been struggling today.

I've been gone for a couple hours for class and there has only been a few posts.

I just came back from a family dinner since they were leaving soon and as I arrived I can't even get on GAF.

For someone who was missing this Community so much, arriving home again and watching a screen saying "Congrats you broke it!" made me feel sad :(

I've been told there's a lot of lag playing online but it is hard to know for sure without knowing where (ping wise) is your opponent.

For instance in SFIV you can't play against someone with 200ms ping or above.

You can't play any game with a ping of 200

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Before anyone asks - yes Steam is going down for weekly maintenance.

jshackles

T.T I was in the middle of installing SR4. Any ETA on the maintenance?

Usually lasts between 4-20 minutes. They started 10 minutes ago so it should be back up soon.

FloatOn

Every game with ai team mates should steal The Bureau's "battle focus" system. It's slick and saves you the trouble of dealing with brain dead ai because you are in charge. If you fail it's your fault.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Still can't buy the Indie Royale bundle, despite trying to pay directly with my credit card and everything. Whatever, not like I wanted Retrovirus that much...

Random question about these (frequent) maintenance things; but say you are playing a game during such a blackout and get a Steam achievement or two, is their system setup to catch that or do they just never get counted? I know some games have checks in place to sync achievements properly, but not all of them do (many don't, probably).

Giran

Salesmanship. "Look, these older games are now on sale, and they have CARDS!!!!"

Yeah, but most others at least make them look a little nice. Not like upgrading from the Byzantines to Poland, and using filtered in-game screenshots for card artworks.

Kifimbo

Pretty sure this key wasn't used.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Scratches: Director's Cut -- MB-9DA3E7283ED724BA - Taken by ZeroXZee - Taken by BorntoPlay

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Every game with ai team mates should steal The Bureau's "battle focus" system. It's slick and saves you the trouble of dealing with brain dead ai because you are in charge. If you fail it's your fault.

Hey you! where's my divekick copy? :p

Freezard

So I activated The Sims 3 and now I'm trying to activate the DLC. EA sends me an email with a confirmation link in yellow stripe but the problem is there's no link even if I highlight it, can't click it or anything and I don't have images invisible so I dunno.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, once again this beautiful community never ceases to surprise me and remind me that it's full of kind and generous people. Thanks a lot Todd for Retrovirus!

Oh no Stump, please don't let them fire you :/

I'm willing to sacrifice my account and let you ban me so you can fill your yearly quota and keep your mod admin. Just tell me when and I'll start posting pics of my amazing body all over the thread
(fully clothed because I'm ashamed of it).

Kifimbo

Ok, let's do this again.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Scratches: Director's Cut -- MB-9DA3E7283ED724BA

Tenrius

Ok, let's do this again.

I actually bought it during the sale, but it seems I was the only one with some interest in this game. Get it people, it's a great first-person adventure game about a horror fiction writer moving into an abandoned mansion in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom