• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
You just gave away the best Bioshock game and for that and our secret handshake ages ago I just you a piping hot copy of Divekick.

Don't say I never did anything for my love of neogaf.

Lw2mAuC.gif

<3

You just gave away the best Bioshock game and for that and our secret handshake ages ago I just got you a piping hot copy of Divekick.

Don't say I never did anything for my love of neogaf.
Now this is gamer blasphemy, but I still haven't played Bioshock 1. I have it, cause I got with Infinite. But then I was playing Infinite, then The Last of Us, then Hotline Miami, and then I got into PC gaming.

I've played the demo though and that opening is still incredible every time. IMO, the most atmospheric opening I've ever experienced. The plane crash, the decent to Rapture, combined with the reveal of the city and Ryan's speech and the music...it's just perfect

chronomac

NeoGAF should start a Kickstarter to get some better servers. It's annoying that this site goes down every time a press conference starts.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
There have been plenty of Sony indie exclusives hitting Steam recently. It's a possibility that the same could happen here and I would prefer not to double dip on the game if I don't have to.

I can't think of examples other than Guacamelee (which isn't to say I don't believe you) but the point is that Guacamelee never had a "presented by Sony Computer Entertainment" splash screen and Rime does.

My assumption is that no game "presented by SCE" has come to PC. I might very well be wrong but I can't think of any examples.

In any case, I also hope all these indie games come to PC eventually. I'm feeling more and more lately that I would be happier spending $400 on a monster GPU than on a console.

I don't think it's crazy to speculate that Sony's new indie-friendliness might include allowing them to take their games to PC after a period of exclusivity.

ss_lemonade

Now this is gamer blasphemy, but I still haven't played Bioshock 1. I have it, cause I got with Infinite. But then I was playing Infinite, then The Last of Us, then Hotline Miami, and then I got into PC gaming.

I've played the demo though and that opening is still incredible every time. IMO, the most atmospheric opening I've ever experienced. The plane crash, the decent to Rapture, combined with the reveal of the city and Ryan's speech and the music...it's just perfect
That intro was mindblowing when bioshock first came out as a demo on the 360. You gotta find time to play it

Megasoum

Banned
WTF is that shitty PC port of Splinter Cell: Blacklist?

First of all it's one of those games that won't let you access the main menu or even the pause menu until you'Ve watched the whole intro and played part of the tutorial. That may be ok on consoles but that's terrible on PC. The game defaulted to 720p windowed on my 1080p sec so I was stuck watching the whole intro in a small window. Then I tried to actually play the game... the 360 pad doesn't work...I hit escape and enable the gamepad in the settings (wtf...) so now it works in game but it still won't work at all in the menus! There's 360 button prompts in the menu but I need to use the keyboard and mouse.

That intro was mindblowing when bioshock first came out as a demo on the 360. You gotta find time to play it
Probably next year, lol. Right now, I'm trying to finish GTA IV before V and then V will take up all my gaming time (bye SteamGAF on 9/17) until the next big Steam sale

Neki

Yeah, I don't like TV spoilers only thread too, there's some unspoken animosity from the TV-only viewers to book readers, and it's impossible to discuss with them when they started speculating future plots.
As a T.V watcher only, it's really annoying when some (not all) book readers come into the thread and start talking about how the book did it better or how they say how this character didn't exist in the books, I go into that thread to discuss how the game of throne universe exists in the t.v median, I don't particularly care how the books did it. It's not as bad as before though. I also have to decide if I think playing dive kick with my gf will be fun, hmmm

As a T.V watcher only, it's really annoying when some (not all) book readers come into the thread and start talking about how the book did it better or how they say how this character didn't exist in the books, I go into that thread to discuss how the game of throne universe exists in the t.v median, I don't particularly care how the books did it. It's not as bad as before though. I also have to decide if I think playing dive kick with my gf will be fun, hmmm
Discussing how the books do it is important, because the series are to stay loyal to the books, heck, even some episodes are penned by George Martin himself. And some additional characters are just pointless, like Ros the prostitute.

FloatOn

I played the first two Bioshock games for the first time just a couple of weeks before Infinite came out and I'm so glad I did. The whole series makes something of a cohesive whole filled with easter eggs and similar themes through the games. Far too much to go into here.

I cannot discredit the first game for laying the narrative groundwork.

The second game is the opposite side of the conversation that the first game started. While not as strong in the story department the actual gameplay mechanics peak here. Gameplay being more important to narrative is my personal stance on how I enjoy games and so in the end this is why I regard Bioshock 2 "the best".

Infinite was served as a kind of climax and conclusion to the whole Bioshock saga. From a story perspective this game is the strongest in the series. However and sadly I consider it to also have the weakest gameplay.

My .02 cents

Grief.exe

Probably next year, lol. Right now, I'm trying to finish GTA IV before V and then V will take up all my gaming time (bye SteamGAF on 9/17) until the next big Steam sale

Good luck with that. I couldn't even get through BoGT when I tried to get through it earlier this year.
Apparently those are better than the base game.

Turfster

God damn it. Hammerwatch autosaved when we went to the boss room, and we can't get back... or reload an older checkpoint, so basically, that's 15 hours down the drain.
That's some really shitty design.

Good luck with that. I couldn't even get through BoGT when I tried to get through it earlier this year.
Apparently those are better than the base game.
Yeah I know. I rarely finish open world games, so easy to get sidetracked. Actually the only open world game I ever finished was Prototype and that was only to unlock all the powers and upgrades. But I'm making an effort with IV and I'll try to focus on the story in V.

Grief.exe

Yeah I know. I rarely finish open world games, so easy to get sidetracked. Actually the only open world game I ever finished was Prototype and that was only to unlock all the powers and upgrades. But I'm making an effort with IV and I'll try to focus on the story in V.

I meant more along the lines of it hasn't aged well to say the least.

denx

Oh boy. Dead Space downloading and 4 hours into Condemned. It's horror week folks.

Heh, good luck with that. Personally, I'm short on money, so the only games I plan buying from here to September are games on sale and the new Amnesia. Hopefully the chineseroom guys didn't fuck it up.

I meant more along the lines of it hasn't aged well to say the least.
It's not that bad. Except for the shooting and lack of checkpoints, really I think it's still pretty good. And it was my first "next gen" game so IV has a special place in my collection

Then again, I actually enjoyed the heavier driving and realism

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Damn, playing the two Dishonored story DLCs back to back came out to a little over 10 hours. That's pretty damn impressive considering the main game took me around 16 and how much they are charging for them. If you liked the main game, I can't imagine you disliking these two pieces of content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom