• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

I'm sorry you feel that way, I hope to include as many people as possible in PC gaming and don't want to lock anyone out of the fun.

Well, it just gets a bit too focused on regular participants and interactions between them at times, even more so than a lot of community threads I visit. All in good fun, of course. I don't see this as a particularly negative thing, but not as a particularly positive one either.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Well, it just gets a bit too focused on regular participants and interactions between them at times, even more so than a lot of community threads I visit. All in good fun, of course. I don't see this as a particularly negative thing, but not as a particularly positive one either.

At times? You mean constantly?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
A 15$ indie game isn't going to move any consoles. It's just a dick move when it comes to making indie property exclusives. The devs are almost always smart enough to hold onto the IP though thank god.

That's not a problem for me as long as I own the platform the game is debuting on. I want it to come to PC like you or anyone else.

Whools

I never really liked the clique aspect of Steam threads, to be honest.
Hope you guys won't hate me for saying that.

I see where you're coming from, just started posting regularly ish, and there's definitely a group of well known gaffers that could appear cliqueish, but everyone here seems really cool. At least i haven't been forced away yet, so you're all cool for that.
Also the amount of giveaway's blew my mind when i first started coming here during the sales, and that helped me warm to steam gaf for sure, not winning stuff, just seeing such generosity to strangers.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
A 15$ indie game isn't going to move any consoles. It's just a dick move when it comes to making indie property exclusives. The devs are almost always smart enough to hold onto the IP though thank god.

The game appears to be published by Sony Computer Entertainment, and in the past that meant it wouldn't come to PC. Maybe things will be different with the PS4, though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The game appears to be published by Sony Computer Entertainment, and in the past that meant it wouldn't come to PC. Maybe things will be different with the PS4, though.

There have been plenty of Sony indie exclusives hitting Steam recently. It's a possibility that the same could happen here and I would prefer not to double dip on the game if I don't have to.

I'm really bored and stuck in traffic, so sorry in advance for the lameness in what follows:

Ywj2Vk4.gif

derExperte

Don't do it, don't taint your Steam collection, give the code to someone you hate! Bad Rats style.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Zack Zero -- MB-A2F273D5BF4CCD27 - Taken by Stumpokapow

Grief.exe

Ok, I thought you were referring to an inherently negative interaction to someone outside of the 'clique.'

That's not a problem for me as long as I own the platform the game is debuting on. I want it to come to PC like you or anyone else.

I felt like half of today's conference was an advertisement for PC gaming.

Really? That one? Seems a bit harsh for something so silly.

I would have taken it down if I had known it was so bad. Doesn't seem to be particularly offensive to me.

I'll probably buy most of the indie games there on the PS4 even if they came to PC. Would be nice to try them out on the new system and I doubt many of them would benefit from crazy 4K downsampling and the like.

If they came out day and day on the PC though I'd probably get them there.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'll probably buy most of the indie games there on the PS4 even if they came to PC. Would be nice to try them out on the new system and I doubt many of them would benefit from crazy 4K downsampling and the like.

If they came out day and day on the PC though I'd probably get them there.

Every game would benefit from 4k. And 60 fps or higher.

Every game would benefit from 4k. And 60 fps or higher.

Suppose I was talking more about the pixel art and lo fi stuff. Seems like most of the games would be 60 FPS on the PS4 anyway but we shall see. At the very least none of them will support 120 FPS so I suppose the PC will always have that potential advantage depending on the hardware used.

Hell yeah, GTA V preordered. I guess I'll be seeing some of you in Los Santos, come September. Or is most of the Steam crowd waiting for the game on PC?

denx

I don't have Bad Rats in my collection. And it makes me feel dirty, like I'm not a tru Steam glorious master race.

and now Bad Rats Bad Rats will be sent my way, shit -_-

I think I'm going to wait for the next major update before going back to playing Sir, You Are Being Hunted. Right now the detection and evasion are kind of busted.

The hot air balloons see you through buildings and objects. Even though there's no clear line of sight, you will just be detected. That's annoying but the real problem I've found is breaking the line of sight of the swarm that starts to pursue you.

When you run through brush, it doesn't partially obstruct their visions, even though they shouldn't be able to see you through the vegetation. When you dive in the tall grass, 100% hidden when crouching, and keep moving, the robots keep chasing you as if they can see you. One of the hints from a loading screen states if you are being chased and break line of sight, the robots will stop and search the area they last saw you. Currently, even though the stealth indicator shows you as completely invisible and you've put some considerable time and space between where the robots saw you duck for cover, they will walk directly towards you as if they can see you.

The only time I've managed to successfully lose the robots is when there was an object between them and the tall grass, like a fence, that they have to path around.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I felt like half of today's conference was an advertisement for PC gaming.

While I agree, I can tell you that anyone I know who games here or in my immediate family has no idea what these games are but when they see them on PS4 they see the potential to play them. That means they have a less than modest rig, don't want to deal with the hassles of PC, like the comfort and ease of a console to just basically power on and play, and other things they just don't want to be bothered with including sleep states. I know PC has this but I know at least 1 friend who wishes this for a console but never gives PC enough credit for doing this.

The fact that PS4 will work like Vita and basically put it in a low power state while preserving the game is really big for me as I constantly have to put a game down to go run errands or even go to work.

I veered off into further OT there but the main point is that I can imagine even a great PC game getting that much more exposure on a console that will be bought by millions this holiday season.

There is nothing lo fi about Rime or the that Rapture game from the Dear Esther team.

Was speaking more about the indie games revealed in general such as Hotline Miami 2 and some of the first games shown. Forget the names but one of them was an almost PSP esqe 2D cave based exploration game and there were other 2D side scrollers.

Suppose it all depends on how much aid Sony is offering. If they're helping them making the games with SSM's support or what have you such titles probably won't show up on the PC.

Suppose I was talking more about the pixel art and lo fi stuff. Seems like most of the games would be 60 FPS on the PS4 anyway but we shall see. At the very least none of them will support 120 FPS so I suppose the PC will always have that potential advantage depending on the hardware used.

Actually most wont be 60 fps on ps4. Theif is 1080p 30 fps on ps4.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I'm not 100% sure about the codes, sorry in advance if they are taken but I'm almost sure they're not.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Dirt 3 Showdown -- MB-1263FFA92FEB90EB - Taken by ricochetguro
Bioshock 2 -- MB-54B907347F2EF06A - Taken by derExperte
Bioshock 1 -- MB-BD9B07C278904BA4 - Taken by damaph

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Oh, that explains this:

hfsafy6sqwyy4.jpg

Edit: He says he was banned for posting a tumbleweed gif in the Fable Legends thread. He'll be back in a month.

Just catching up on the thread and the fact Salsa was banned. Today was my birthday and Saltsa knew it and I didn't even get a happy birthday from him. Making this image all the funnier.

Edit: Thanks for the birthday wishes guys.

Edit #2: Thanks Saltsa for Pac-Man after someone told him about this post. All I really wanted was a "happy birthday"!

Manhunt and San Andread are on Steam, right? So I'll here:

Got 75% off any Rockstar game for preordering V. Manhunt and SA are the only Rockstar games I don't have on disk or haven't played. I'm slightly against getting SA because I'll never touch it again once V comes out but does Manhunt hold up?

Only have enough $$ to get one

Manhunt and San Andread are on Steam, right? So I'll here:

Got 75% off any Rockstar game for preordering V. Manhunt and SA are the only Rockstar games I don't have on disk or haven't played. I'm slightly against getting SA because I'll never touch it again once V comes out but does Manhunt hold up?

Only have enough $$ to get one

I am willing to bet SA will be better than V.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Just catching up on the thread and the fact Salsa was banned. Today was my birthday and Saltsa knew it and I didn't even get a happy birthday from him. Making this image all the funnier.

Happy birthday.

I think I'm going to wait for the next major update before going back to playing Sir, You Are Being Hunted. Right now the detection and evasion are kind of busted.

The hot air balloons see you through buildings and objects. Even though there's no clear line of sight, you will just be detected. That's annoying but the real problem I've found is breaking the line of sight of the swarm that starts to pursue you.

When you run through brush, it doesn't partially obstruct their visions, even though they shouldn't be able to see you through the vegetation. When you dive in the tall grass, 100% hidden when crouching, and keep moving, the robots keep chasing you as if they can see you. One of the hints from a loading screen states if you are being chased and break line of sight, the robots will stop and search the area they last saw you. Currently, even though the stealth indicator shows you as completely invisible and you've put some considerable time and space between where the robots saw you duck for cover, they will walk directly towards you as if they can see you.

The only time I've managed to successfully lose the robots is when there was an object between them and the tall grass, like a fence, that they have to path around.

The game is rough around the edges, but I'm still having a lot of fun with it. Thickets are a major annoyance for me right now because the hunter's vision doesn't seem to be impaired in them.

FloatOn

I'm not 100% sure about the codes, sorry in advance if they are taken but I'm almost sure they're not.

You just gave away the best Bioshock game and for that and our secret handshake ages ago I just got you a piping hot copy of Divekick.

Don't say I never did anything for my love of neogaf.

Yep, I saw it. One of his best reviews in ages.

Also, are you getting GTA V on PS3? If so, I'll add you.
Yeah, my (new) PSN name is...More_Badass

I'll be playing IV a lot leading up to the 17th if you want to cause mayhem online

Only thing is, I don't have a headset yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom