• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
Random question about these (frequent) maintenance things; but say you are playing a game during such a blackout and get a Steam achievement or two, is their system setup to catch that or do they just never get counted? I know some games have checks in place to sync achievements properly, but not all of them do (many don't, probably).

It depends on the game and the achievement. Some games will store the achievement information locally, and update the Steam servers whenever they connect next. Others will only update the achievement on the Steam server, and if you're offline when you get it, then you have to play the whole game again to get that achievement.

Freezard

Yeah, no, fuck it. Can't confirm my account, probably a bug with my local site.

Origin keys.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

The Sims 3 Date Night -- MB-FA36A245B9879FD1 - Taken by jshackles
The Sims 3 Late Night -- MB-F4F481FB61E05634 - Taken by Ingueferroque
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff -- MB-5B9D3E6FE97C2735 - Taken by Cheddahz

Gbraga

So, I finally stopped avoiding The Plan and decided to finally try it while I wait for my Blacklist download.

At first I was like "this is the dumbest shit I've ever played in my life, fuck art games", but by the end it got really intense, and the music was spectacular.

Try it, guys, it's only 10 minutes and it's free:

http://www.krillbite.com/theplan/

It's made by the guys who are working on Among the Sleep :)

Teknoman

X-COM ufo defense: is there any way to get the CD version's music? I know there was a patch for Quake 1 to do something like that, so just wondering if the case is the same here.

Tenrius

So, I finally stopped avoiding The Plan and decided to finally try it while I wait for my Blacklist download.

At first I was like "this is the dumbest shit I've ever played in my life, fuck art games", but by the end it got really intense, and the music was spectacular.

Try it, guys, it's only 10 minutes and it's free:

http://www.krillbite.com/theplan/

It's made by the guys who are working on Among the Sleep :)

For a second I thought this was about one of the Battlestar Galactica movies.

Whools

Got gifted Gone Home and Sir you are being hunted by a very generous friend, started up gone home. The uncertainty of it all makes it scurry. I like it though for sure.

You serious?

You serious? ;)

Meanwhile I have hit the magic $10 steam wallet mark again thanks to the total war cards. I'm feeling completely paralyzed by choice.

For the people who played papers please, what stopped you playing it? Ran out of content? Got repetitive? Looks like ~5 hours is what people are doing.

DaBoss

I don't know anything, I just seen a post of his in another thread and noticed he was banned. I guess someone should PM a mod to find out what happened.

I stay out of the silly console war threads and just stick to the ones about games I'm interested in.

Woot Crimson Dragon is a launch title for the one! Panzer Dragoon's kinda return!

r3n4ud

That's what I keep telling you guys, be careful in those console threads.

If you ever do go into one of them, you can see why the mods are just mass thinning the herd right now.
I know this isn't the place to discuss this stuff, but what goes on in console threads? Is it trolling that gets people banned? Just curious...

Grief.exe

So can we expect anything from Valve at gamescom? What about those steambox protoypes Gabe talked about months ago?

Valve has a booth at Gamescom, I believe it was Jase who said it was mostly for private exhibitions.

I know this isn't the place to discuss this stuff, but what goes on in console threads? Is it trolling that gets people banned? Just curious...

You don't want to know what goes on in those threads.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
If you are banned can you still send PMs? If so can a banned user participate in a modbot raffle?

Grief.exe

If you are banned can you still send PMs? If so can a banned user participate in a modbot raffle?

Nope, I was doing a deal with a guy in the Buy/Sell thread and he got banned right after I sent the money.

Had to contact him by his paypal email address. Luckily, he had sent the item already and there were no issues.

Fireblend

Banned

I'm really bored and stuck in traffic, so sorry in advance for the lameness in what follows:

Mufasa: A member's time as poster rises and falls like the sun. One day, Simba, a mod will set on my ban here, and you will rise as an unjuniored member.
Simba: And on all these threads I'll be able to post?
Mufasa: Everything.
Simba: Everything the light touches. {Simba looks all around. He looks at the console launch threads to the north} What about that shadowy place?
Mufasa: That's beyond our borders. You must never post there, Simba.
Simba: But I thought a member can post wherever he wants.
Mufasa: Oh, there's more to being a member than... getting your way all the time.
{Mufasa starts back down the rock}
Simba: {Awed} There's more?
Mufasa: {Chuckles} Simba...
Mufasa: Everything you see exists together, in a delicate balance. As a member, you need to understand that balance, and respect all the creatures-- from the indie gamer to the Vita gamer.
Simba: But, Dad, isn't the PC gamer always superior?
Mufasa: Yes, Simba, but let me explain. When we post, our comments become the troll bait. And the mods eat the bait. And so we are all connected in the great Circle of Bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom