• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

How are people redeeming origin keys? I have tried both the website and the client, and the redeem code function will not work for me at all.

Probably because it worked for the first 20-30 mins. Ever since, it's been a huge mess.

Here it is! Hope you guys enjoy this :D
Because of the ModBot bug, it's not editing the post, so i'll update here which games are taken.
Burnout paradise is taken.
ModBot 3 said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mirror's Edge -- MB-DE8233B0FCC8A3BA
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-B4BA2635524AAF77

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-E5948C79F1C7F808 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo

chronomac

Trying it out again.

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Mirror's Edge -- MB-FB845FEB2CD91968 - Taken by Widdly Scuds

Divius

For that single person who does not have it yet:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Mirror's Edge -- MB-1885BD28C0959ECF

Taken

Pinkuss

Re the Origin bundle. Does ayone know if I'll pay a transaction fee using amazon payments (import tax thing?) I'm in the UK and last time I just paid using my debit card and was charged a quid or so extra (I'm skinnt at the moment but tempted with Sims 3 plus the rest.

And I'm rubbish at stealth, but Thief is a cult classic. Will I get any fun out of it or is it all about the stealth?

Insane to think that EA of all companies would be offering the best humble bundle to date and with steam keys to boot.

They're also not taking any cut for themselves.

It's clearly a move to raise the install base for Origin but whatever, I already have it installed anyway.

Kifimbo

It was a problem with the auto-edit functionality during the thread cut-over; basically, it tried to edit out a key, checked page 1, said "hmm, can't see the key"... and then it was supposed to say "There are no pages before page 1, so I guess you're not going to find the key. Just send the winner without bothering to edit" but there was a mixup and it was looping infinitely.

What happens with the two early giveaways in this thread ?

Unbelieveable Humble Bundle!!

Saints Row IV is showing demo button for me, but nothing comes up when clicked. Has anyone been able to download it?

ss_lemonade

Anyway I only use the credit card when I already have the corresponding amount in the bank, I'm weird like that.
Nothing weird with that. I'm going to apply for one soon and when I do have a credit card, that's how I plan to use it as well.

This has probably already been talked about, but the Thief Collection for 4.74 is a fuckin' steal.
How are the previous 2 games? I only briefly tried Deadly Shadows way back on the xbox, don't quite remember much other than the game being very dark lol.

Turfster

It was a problem with the auto-edit functionality during the thread cut-over; basically, it tried to edit out a key, checked page 1, said "hmm, can't see the key"... and then it was supposed to say "There are no pages before page 1, so I guess you're not going to find the key. Just send the winner without bothering to edit" but there was a mixup and it was looping infinitely.

What do you think about adding a flag that concatenates gifts and makes one big modbot post for them after let's say an hour or something? I'm assuming there'll be like, 50 billion key giveaways from this humble bundle, and it would be a lot cleaner for the thread if it was all condensed into one post, possibly with the giver's name attached to the game names or something.

Edit: Oh god it's started already. Maybe for the future then.

How are the previous 2 games? I only briefly tried Deadly Shadows way back on the xbox, don't quite remember much other than the game being very dark lol.

They're even better, especially II.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
all that talk and we end up with this thread title?

I was even more disappointed when I actually called the phone number
and it wasn't a sex hotline

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I go to lunch and when I get back I need to go through 17 pages, you guys are crazy.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Got the latest humble bundle just for the steam keys. Don't think I will install origin. Nice.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
More offloading of HB games

ModBot said:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Burnout Paradise -- MB-E41950C39F38123C
Mirror's Edge -- MB-830E2D62B3B7CCF4
Dead Space -- MB-CC681E809EEA854D

"You have created 151 listings this year. Before you can sell or list more than 200 items in a calendar year, we are required to collect certain information from you. Please click here to provide the necessary information. To find out more about this requirement, please visit the FAQ."

STEAAAAAAM
are they going to tax me?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
"You have created 151 listings this year. Before you can sell or list more than 200 items in a calendar year, we are required to collect certain information from you. Please click here to provide the necessary information. To find out more about this requirement, please visit the FAQ."

STEAAAAAAM

Alt account. 30 day wait is painful, though.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Re the Origin bundle. Does ayone know if I'll pay a transaction fee using amazon payments (import tax thing?) I'm in the UK and last time I just paid using my debit card and was charged a quid or so extra (I'm skinnt at the moment but tempted with Sims 3 plus the rest.
Your bank is the one charging you the extra fee for either the international transaction or the currency exchange—not Amazon. So unless you've upgraded your card or your bank has decided to change their policy, you'll get hit with it again.

Mugatu

STEAAAAAAM

I think I'm at 170 now.

Lets see if this works

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mirrors Edge -- MB-99204938D9CE3C95 - Taken by PepperJack
Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box -- MB-4E1A1E0B6BF82C26
Dead Space -- MB-D8E50A0C117B725A - Taken by Kuroyume

Tenrius

Just checked my bank, the advantages to using a credit card as opposed to a debit card in Sweden seems to be:

- You get discounts at some retail stores

and that's it. So I guess that's why people only use debit cards here :/

Same here in Germany. I have to pay ~20€ a year and get no advantages at all. Getting $400 a year for using it sounds crazy. I'm jealous.

I simply have it for international purchases.

Same here. The concept of credit rating does not really exist here either, not like in the US anyway, so using a credit card does not give one any advantage (outside of the actual credit, of course). Why would you need a credit card for international purchases though? I got several Visa Classic and Visa Electron debit cards and they work just fine whenever I purchase something in foreign Internet stores or physically travel abroad.

Salsa

humble modbot bundle

ModBot said:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

header_292x136.jpg

Burnout Paradise -- MB-2AE3A860F6169433
Crysis 2 -- MB-0D093A83A4A3A4B3
Medal of Honor -- MB-35B96647D8A33B4F
Mirror's Edge -- MB-75074BEACE8ED797
Dead Space -- MB-E5B85DE9262C58A7

Status
Not open for further replies.