• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Bought.
Going to give away extra keys when ModBot resuscitates.

I really don't think it will be. Seeing as they are missing Crysis 1 and Dead Space 2, I'd expect something DeadSpace/Crysis in the unlocks.

I am kinda hoping for Bulletstorm.
If anything, it could reignite a flame for a possibile sequel.

I know, but don't crush my dream.

Christ, reading the steam forums for Betrayer. It's like youtube had a mentally retarded, premature baby with reddit.

I see Grief in there throwing knowledge haha

Grief, you have my sword. I'm not bothering.
Oh god, just reading that little excerpt was painful. Do they really not understand what Early Access (key word there is Early) is, what a beta is, how indies and AAA games differ?

It's just pathetic. Hey Grief, I'll drop by and try to help

Anyway, looking at Betrayer, wow now that's why all my most anticipated games besides GTA V are indies. You don't see that kind of uniqueness in bigger games

Ledsen

Yes I got it yestarday and.....

MeltingFace.gif

So why do you guys use credit cards? Any advantages that justify paying the interest rate?

KarmaCow

Isn't the ME3 Multiplayer a big money maker for them? I wouldn't be surprised if they added it to the bundle just to lure more people into the Skinner machine.

HoosTrax

So why do you guys use credit cards? Any advantages that justify paying the interest rate?
Why would I ever pay an interest rate.

As for the first question, the answer is cashback rewards. I think I got around $400 this year and a half alone by charging my grad school tuition to credit card, and the same money ends up being taken out of my bank account either way compared to if I had used a check or debit card.

bengraven

Isn't the ME3 Multiplayer a big money maker for them? I wouldn't be surprised if they added it to the bundle just to lure more people into the Skinner machine.

I'd be okay with them only adding ME3. I'll just pick up the next cheaply priced ME1/2 bundle on Steam and it's all good. Just wish I could get all three on Steam.

JakeD

i don't pay any interest, get cash back every month, and there's a middle man between my money and the nigerian prince who wants to take all my money. why on earth wouldn't i

is modbot working yet? i have a battlefield 3, dead space, and mirrors edge to give away

Ledsen

As for the first question, the answer is cashback rewards. I think I got around $400 this year and a half alone by charging my grad school tuition to credit card, and the same money ends up being taken out of my bank account either way compared to if I had used a check or debit card.

Well what I thought was, you pay interest on the money you borrow through your credit card? I don't know anyone that has a credit card, so I don't know much about them except what I've absorbed through movies and TV. So basically it costs you nothing and you get money by using it? Sounds pretty sweet, I have no idea if that's how credit cards work over here though since people only really use debit cards.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I have always paid off my bill in full each month and have avoided any interest charges. I operate under a simple premise: could I afford it if I had to pay cash for it right now?

The benefit is that my credit card gives me money to spend. Just for buying everything I would normally, my credit card company gives me roughly 300 to 400 dollars a year (My credit card does not charge a membership fee). I've also gotten discounts at Hotels and Restaurants just for using my credit card.

So, basically, given that use scenario, why wouldn't you use a credit card?

Milamber

Smarter people would not even apply for a credit card and just pay by debit. Want something? Work for it! It makes getting what you want so much sweeter.

HoosTrax

Well what I thought was, you pay interest on the money you borrow through your credit card? I don't know anyone that has a credit card, so I don't know much about them except what I've absorbed through movies and TV. So basically it costs you nothing and you get money by using it? Sounds pretty sweet, I have no idea if that's how credit cards work over here though, people basically only use debit cards.
If you cannot pay off your balance each month, then yes, the interest rate does come into play. If, on the other hand, you don't spend beyond your means and pay off your balance in full by the monthly deadline, then no. You don't automatically pay an interest rate simply for using the credit card.

Ledsen

I have always paid off my bill in full each month and have avoided any interest charges. I operate under a simple premise: could I afford it if I had to pay cash for it right now?

The benefit is that my credit card gives me money to spend. Just for buying everything I would normally, my credit card company gives me roughly 300 to 400 dollars a year (My credit card does not charge a membership fee). I've also gotten discounts at Hotels and Restaurants just for using my credit card.

Yeah like I wrote above, I seem to have misunderstood how credit cards work. What you're describing sounds like a normal debit card + free money, which seems pretty sweet.

chronomac

Plus, by using one responsibly you build your credit which will help you buy a house or something else later.

yeah its kind of like getting card money profits after purchasing a steam game. sort of takes the sting out a grad school tuition
not really

use both a credit card and debit card

use credit for some purchases and pay on time to build credit (responsibly)

use debit card to do most transactions for everything else

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Smarter people would not even apply for a credit card and just pay by debit. Want something? Work for it! It makes getting what you want so much sweeter.

Well, there's the whole less protection thing and not improving your credit rating using debit cards.

Ledsen

Plus, by using one responsibly you build your credit which will help you buy a house or something else later.

Yeah I heard the Giant Bomb guys talking about that concept in the US. Here, you need to be employed and not in financial trouble (=paying your bills on time) to get a house loan, and that's it really.

morningbus

Yeah, this part cannot be stressed enough. There will probably come a time in your life where you're going to have to stretch yourself out finance-wise, and a good credit history gets you more money at more reasonable rates.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Oh god, just reading that little excerpt was painful. Do they really not understand what Early Access (key word there is Early) is, what a beta is, how indies and AAA games differ?

It's just pathetic. Hey Grief, I'll drop by and try to help

Anyway, looking at Betrayer, wow now that's why all my most anticipated games besides GTA V are indies. You don't see that kind of uniqueness in bigger games

since you ♥♥♥ clowns deleted my other thread (+1 to i hope this game breaks you)..:

Key Features
Chart your own course through an untamed wilderness teeming with danger and discovery.
--as opposed to what? being pulled by my testicles through the super scary haunted woods?
Unravel the colony’s many mysteries by gathering clues and awakening the memories of the dreaming dead.
-- oh good clue gathering *yawn*
Build up an arsenal of early 17th century weaponry including muskets, bows, crossbows, and throwing axes.
--doesnt sound bad... but as far as i know none of those weapons are known to dispatch the supernatural
Collect untold treasures hidden in the wilds by the colonists for reasons you will come to understand in time.
--well atleast i wont have to eat tree bark.

while i find roanoke a pretty interesting thing/place i do kind of hate the south too.

it all sounds really shallow (you dont mention crafting or making a map or anything, just running around looking for things to attack the baddies with).

it just doesnt sound like its for me to begin with really, but add to that the above (and my current level of trust on funding projects) and it just sounds boring. props for not having a stupid multiplayer deathmatch mode tacked on though.

I'm actually mad right now.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm in South America and a credit card is required for pretty much all international purchases, so for convenience and security's sake I just end up using it for everything online even when the purchase is local and paying it on time.

Anyway I only use the credit card when I already have the corresponding amount in the bank, I'm weird like that.

JakeD

Well, there's the whole less protection thing and not improving your credit rating using debit cards.

plus, i don't necessarily know how it works in other countries, but good luck getting a mortgage in the US without a decent credit history. unless smart people don't buy houses either

Tak3n

Banned
That Betrayer Early Access, could not of released at a worse time, in fact probably the worse I have seen,,,

Not only has August been really heavy, we get a Humble deal for the gods....

garath

This is not to be underestimated. If you always pay cash/debit and never have/use a credit card when the time comes to get a car or a house you're in for a shock.

But the key word in this statement is responsibly.

morningbus

I'm in South America and a credit card is required for pretty much all international purchases, so for convenience and security's sake I just end up using it for everything online even when the purchase is local and paying it on time.

Anyway I only use the credit card when I already have the corresponding amount in the bank, I'm weird like that.

That's not weird. That's being fucking smart.

Milamber

Yeah I heard the Giant Bomb guys talking about that concept in the US. Here, you need to be employed and not in financial trouble (=paying your bills on time) to get a house loan, and that's it really.
Yeah, that only really works in the US. where I'm from you can't even get a CC unless you are at a certain pay grade. There is no such thing as credit scores and everything you buy has some tiny interest to it added at end of month.

Ledsen

plus, i don't necessarily know how it works in other countries, but good luck getting a mortgage in the US without a decent credit history. unless smart people don't buy houses either

Yeah I was wondering how that works. Theoretically, wouldn't paying everything through a debit card show that you are more responsible than people who use credit cards? Since you're never buying anything without already having the money in your account.

edit: Sorry for derailing the thread! No community!

chronomac

This is not to be underestimated. If you always pay cash/debit and never have/use a credit card when the time comes to get a car or a house you're in for a shock.

But the key word in this statement is responsibly.

And if you mess up and get under a lot of debt, don't freak. Just get yourself out, don't miss payments and save money. Eventually you'll get out and show that you can dig yourself out, which helps too.

Grief.exe

Exactly how you are supposed to handle a credit card.

Like Jake said earlier. He pays his bill in full every month as to not incur the charges, and he gets 3% cashback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom