• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah I was wondering how that works. Theoretically, wouldn't paying everything through a debit card show that you are more responsible than people who use credit cards? Since you're never buying anything without already having the money in your account.

You have to look at it from a different perspective: you've been given the power of more money than you actually have and you've proven you can handle yourself. Whereas the other person is naturally limited by only having the money they have on hand.

In terms of being trusted with large amounts of money that neither one has, one has proven themselves and the other hasn't.

So imagine it like this: who would you trust with a doomsday machine? Person A: a guy who already has a doomsday machine or Person B: a guy with no history of owning doomsday machines.

Everything I have seen screams yes, but then I looked in on the steam forum, and my confidence was dented

Holy hell there is some major dislike in there

Everyone keeps bitching about it being in B&W...haven't really seen impressions about the actual game yet.

Milamber

Exactly how you are supposed to handle a credit card.

Like Jake said earlier. He pays his bill in full every month as to not incur the charges, and he gets 3% cashback.

This sounds like a dream. Too bad they don't offer that here (the country I work at) to normal CC users.

fantomena

Origins Reedem Code function is dead. I kinda wnat to reedem Mirrors Edge and Dead Space to Origin even though I have them on Steam.

So why do you guys use credit cards? Any advantages that justify paying the interest rate?

I don't pay interest rate bro, and for the first question, well It's my only option for buying games in such pages like steam, amazon, green man gaming, etc (international purchases), so that's why I use credit card!

Tak3n

Banned
confidence in the Steam Forum, right?

Yes and no, it was an Instabuy then I looked in on the steam forums, and it made me pause...

as sometimes one can be wrong, so always good to be fore warned if there is a issue, but thankfully it looks like it is mostly nonsense being posted...

Especially the one accusing the devs of deleting his negative review and accusing them of breaking the law...

Ledsen

Just checked my bank, the advantages to using a credit card as opposed to a debit card in Sweden seems to be:

- You get discounts at some retail stores

and that's it. So I guess that's why people only use debit cards here :/

HoosTrax

Ok I just got home and I see the issue with ModBot. Hold on one sec.
BenderCigar_normal.jpg

?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just checked my bank, the advantages to using a credit card as opposed to a debit card in Sweden seems to be:

You're gonna have to work a lot harder to make me feel bad for a Swede, what with your beautiful women and your world-standard health care.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not saying its a horrible port. Bad ports can still be worth playing because they are just that good.

I'm saying its a bad game and not worth your time.
I see, I see. Well, looks like I'll have to try the demo then, and probably skip it if it's as bad as you say. Thanks for the heads up!

https://www.humblebundle.com/?originbundle

Humble Origin Bundle

What is happening

Dead Space 3 as PWYW holy crap
WHAT THE FUCK?

I'm going to buy this because 1 buck, but seriously... The fuck is this?

Also, Dead Space 1 and 3, but no 2? And Crysis 2 but no 1? That's totally weird, but not really surprising given the fact that this is a weird bundle itself. I haven't played any of them, except for the first 20 minutes of the first Crysis, but I wanted to try the Dead Space games. So yeah, buying this.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It was a problem with the auto-edit functionality during the thread cut-over; basically, it tried to edit out a key, checked page 1, said "hmm, can't see the key"... and then it was supposed to say "There are no pages before page 1, so I guess you're not going to find the key. Just send the winner without bothering to edit" but there was a mixup and it was looping infinitely.

Milamber

Bad CC companies High Five!

Guys : for the love of god don't give away origin keys in this thread. It's going to be a cluster fuck with just the steam keys. Use the Origin thread...which morningbus linked to earlier

Same here in Germany. I have to pay ~20€ a year and get no advantages at all. Getting $400 a year for using it sounds crazy. I'm jealous.

I simply have it for international purchases.

It was a problem with the auto-edit functionality during the thread cut-over; basically, it tried to edit out a key, checked page 1, said "hmm, can't see the key"... and then it was supposed to say "There are no pages before page 1, so I guess you're not going to find the key. Just send the winner without bothering to edit" but there was a mixup and it was looping infinitely.

Will it work through the entires of the last few hours now or would we have to enter again?

Also from before:

The last few posts have shown that people don't understand the wording of the NOLURKERS rule. Xelios reworded it as

"You need six or more posts in either the current thread or the previous one to be eligible."

which is easier to understand if you're not used to thinking with logical negation.

Eanan

How are people redeeming origin keys? I have tried both the website and the client, and the redeem code function will not work for me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom