• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

I still haven't gotten around to playing Act 2. I think at this point I'll wait for final episode to release and then start anew.

And at this point I will wait for everything then play it all. Gonna feel good, I've heard nothing but good things in here about this game fellow GAFfer.

EDIT: Thank you fellow GAFfer Darkroronoa for Larva Mortus! :)

NIN90

I got a key for a game on uplay from a video card promotion before (I think Blood Dragon), and it worked like a 100% discount code on the uplay store, meaning I still could only use it after 11 PM. Gotta protect the children.

Hm, I personally got Splinter Cell: Blacklist on Steam last weekend and I'm pretty sure I linked it to uPlay before 11 PM. So that's an option!

New Frontal21 special: Children all over Germany circumventing age restrictions via Team Festung Zwei Schlüssel

Tenrius

I still haven't gotten around to playing Act 2. I think at this point I'll wait for final episode to release and then start anew.

Yeah, I'm in the same place. Played through Act 1 and thought I'd wait for the rest of them, but it seems it's going to take longer that I'd like.

Addnan

Can we speculate based on GMG sale that Bioshock will be midweek madness and Bioshock 2 will have GFWL removed at the same time. Please. I've been holding off playing it since Grief went a little crazy.

Nabs

Can we speculate based on GMG sale that Bioshock will be midweek madness and Bioshock 2 will have GFWL removed at the same time. Please. I've been holding off playing it since Grief went a little crazy.

It was also the weekend deal at gamersgate.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Now that's a different way to approach a problem:

http://www.sizefivegames.com/2013/0...generates-free-steam-keys-for-lonely-players/

http://www.sizefivegames.com/2013/08/27/gun-monkeys-now-generates-free-steam-keys-for-lonely-players/ said:
As part of ongoing efforts to keep indie Deathmatch shooter “Gun Monkeys” the success it almost definitely deserves to be, the game now automatically generates free Steam keys for anyone struggling to find a game on the server, so they can play against their friends instead.

As of the most recent update, if you’re sitting on an empty server for a few minutes, and no one comes along to play against, the game will now fling you a free Steam key for you to gift to a chum.

You'd think being part of a Bundle would give the same result while actually making some money...

nexen

As a surprise twist 2K is going to patch GFWL into Bioshock Infinite.

Grief.exe

Crazy right

That speculation could explain why the team was up so late last night updating the app and testing.

As a surprise twist 2K is going to patch GFWL into Bioshock Infinite.

Can't wait to earn my precious xbox achievements for Infinite

i00usjKgBJXQf.gif

louiedog

I won The 39 Steps via modbot yesterday. I wasn't going to buy the bundle that it's currently in but unfortunately have given in to my weakness. That means my new copy of the game goes back out to you lovely people. Enjoy.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

The 39 Steps -- MB-3FD198403F59359A - Taken by drizzle

I won The 39 Steps via modbot yesterday. I wasn't going to buy the bundle that it's currently in but unfortunately have given in to my weakness. That means my new copy of the game goes back out to you lovely people. Enjoy.

Would it be lame if I took my own game back?

Not that I would of course.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Ok so, here's the thing...

I forgot I bought the bundle and I also have the game, but I just redeemed your key... oops?

I'll set up another ModBot giveaway... sorry guys.. :(

Edit: Maybe I'll jsut give mine to Cookie Monster...

Nillansan

If anyone missed it: The second chapter of The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief is out: http://steamcommunity.com/app/233370/discussions/0/846962627054638066/

Neat, I am holding off playing it till I can play the entirety of the game.

Good read, really didn't agree with the comments about the art style. People really seem to be bothered by sexualized art styles this year. He says "From backgrounds to special effects, it’s lovingly rendered, I just wish it had been done with a little more respect". So it looks awesome, plays awesome, but has some sexualized character designs. So fucking what?

I think that the author does a great job at conveying why the sexual overtones bothers him.

I am personally not bothered by the art style at all, I quite enjoy it in fact. I just want to leave it at that as this topic is of the more sensitive ilk.

louiedog

Ok so, here's the thing...

I forgot I bought the bundle and I also have the game, but I just redeemed your key... oops?

I'll set up another ModBot giveaway... sorry guys.. :(

Edit: Maybe I'll jsut give mine to Cookie Monster...

This train keeps on rolling.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So regardless of reviews I got Lost Planet 3 on the cheap as I still fancy playing it (unlocks in a few hours in the UK). Apparently the multiplayer uses Gamespy, fucking Gamespy of all things. I thought that service was killed off long ago ?

Jawmuncher

So regardless of reviews I got Lost Planet 3 on the cheap as I still fancy playing it (unlocks in a few hours in the UK). Apparently the multiplayer uses Gamespy, fucking Gamespy of all things. I thought that service was killed off long ago ?

Seriously? I thought gamespy was done with as well for MP.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Wut?

Gamespy has been risen from the dead? Why? Spark Unlimited are truly the worst.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I could always use another cookie in my jar.

Sorry, feels wrong to get something that everybody had a chance to get it and give to a specific user.

Just be fast and get it yourself! :p

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

The 39 Steps -- MB-5D537B3123283AED - Taken by RS4-

Nabs

what

RS4-

Sorry, feels wrong to get something that everybody had a chance to get it and give to a specific user.

Just be fast and get it yourself! :p

Cheers!

and lolol Gamespy for LP3? I wasn't a huge fan of LP1 or even 2. Played them out of boredom.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously? I thought gamespy was done with as well for MP.

Wut?

Gamespy has been risen from the dead? Why? Spark Unlimited are truly the worst.

Yeah seriously, lot of folk bitching about it on the Steam discussions for it. I'll confirm myself when it unlocks soon.

Nothing much really shocks me these days but it takes the use of Gamespy in a 2013 released game to change that :p

Tak3n

Banned
I don't think it will be popular in this thread, but just to warn you...

if you were thinking about picking up Ninja Turtles tomorrow, it turns out Just Blaze did not do any of the soundtrack...

he did in fact just do the trailers for the turtles (I am not into music, but I know some of you are into a good soundtrack)

Update: Out of the Shadows' creators have reached out to us to clarify an important detail about recording artist Just Blaze's involvement in the game. He did, as the story states below, create music for the game. He only created the music for the recent batch of character series trailers that highlighted each of the turtles. Original story Recording artist Just Blaze is creating the soundtrack for the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D brawler, Out of the Shadows. In the latest video for the game, he talks about his nostalgia for the turtles. Along with Just Blaze's thoughts

Super House of Dead Ninjas makes me RAGE sometimes! I'm only up to the 3rd boss (that little shit ninja) and I can't beat him (or get to him on my first life). Sometimes you have to be pixel perfect everytime with your attacks. ...and FUCK THOSE MONKEYS.

The game sure has an addictive quality to it. I'll just keep plugging away till that little snot ninja goes down. Man I suck at this game. lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

GameSpy Tech ceased offering software licenses at the beginning of the year year (I assume the service itself is still operational), but it's entirely possible that Capcom had already entered in an agreement prior to this.

I have no idea why anybody thought GameSpy was ever a good idea on the PC side -- it cost $44k (and that's per-platform) versus Steamworks at $0.00.

Why don't they just use Steamworks server browser? Its free.

GameSpy's networking software is similar to Steamworks -- matchmaking, player stats, etc. You're thinking of GameSpy Arcade.

Cth

don't think it is live yet, when it is I will get you guys some steam keys as I have the game...

but for the love of god why he just does not make it F2P for a week

I think it's twofold..

One it gets indie developers to consider new approaches to solving said problem

Two, it gets some headlines potentially which can't hurt.

are you fucking kidding me :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom