• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

ijQRgHAQNhdAl.png

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I thought the Gamespy Over Arching video game coverage company died, but the Online Gameplay matchmaking company still exists in some shape or form.

I also though that company of heroes got patched to use Steamworks because Sega bought them and said: Hey, Steamworks is both better and free, so patch that in.

And I don't think it used Gamespy.

Edit: JaseC to the rescue!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought the Gamespy Over Arching video game coverage company died, but the Online Gameplay matchmaking company still exists in some shape or form.

Yeah, GameSpy Tech is still around, but the company stopped licensing its software at the beginning of the year; its days are numbered, which makes Capcom's little faux pas all the more stupid.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I still find it hard to believe. Implementing GameSpy over Steamworks must be more work at this point.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
And why did they call themselves Gamespy? It keeps making me think they're spyware programs for my games.

Because it allowed you to Spy servers without joining them or running the game first, so you could see the map and players on the server already.

There was something else called *****Eye (Server Eye? Battle Eye?) that would do the same thing, but GameSpy started actually managing the server infrastructure.

And they were always terrible.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yeah, GameSpy Tech is still around, but the company stopped licensing its software at the beginning of the year; its days are numbered, which makes Capcom's little faux pas all the more stupid.

I wonder if Gearbox will ever patch Borderlands. The choice for GameSpy was baffling back then already.

Probably not, since Borderlands 2 is a thing.

nexen

Because it allowed you to Spy servers without joining them or running the game first, so you could see the map and players on the server already.

There was something else called *****Eye (Server Eye? Battle Eye?) that would do the same thing, but GameSpy started actually managing the server infrastructure.

Was spyware even a term when Gamespy started out? I remember using it to play Quake.

JaseC

I still find it hard to believe. Implementing GameSpy over Steamworks must be more work at this point.

"Guys, we have two options on the PC: Steamworks or GameSpy. The former is free and largely appreciated whilst the latter costs $44k and is universally despised."
"'GameSpy'? I like the sound of that!"

Nabs

The All-Seeing Eye. It was actually a pretty good program until yahoo bought it up.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

It was fine back when it was Quakespy and the original Gamespy server browser. It went to shit once they launched that gamespy arcade horseshit (though the sever browser was becoming a bloated mess before then too, but was at least still functional).

JaseC

Sorry this is probably a silly question but how are people getting games through tf2 keys?

Traders offer games for keys as they can be resold on the Steam Market, and since they're cheaper on the Market than in TF2's own in-game store, they're a hot commodity.

You can use sites such as TF2 Outpost and Steam Trades if you want to get your toes wet.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
"Guys, we have two options on the PC: Steamworks or GameSpy. The former is free and largely appreciated whilst the latter costs $44k and is universally despised."

3vm3gd.jpg

Turfster

Gamespy's mascot has a fedora, so it's the obvious choice!

AHA-Lambda

Traders offer games for keys as they can be resold on the Steam Market, and since they're cheaper on the Market than in TF2's own in-game store, they're a hot commodity.

You can use sites such as TF2 Outpost and Steam Trades if you want to get your toes wet.

So I can buy tf2 keys from the market and trade them for games through these sites?

Mother of god....

Super House of Dead Ninjas makes me RAGE sometimes! I'm only up to the 3rd boss (that little shit ninja) and I can't beat him (or get to him on my first life). Sometimes you have to be pixel perfect everytime with your attacks. ...and FUCK THOSE MONKEYS.

The game sure has an addictive quality to it. I'll just keep plugging away till that little snot ninja goes down. Man I suck at this game. lol

The one armed ninja is not that bad, just learn his pattern. Avoid him till he starts going Goku(he will stop and make a noise) Jump over him in the opposite direction he is facing and his range or melee slash will not hit you. If you cant make the opposite direction Just make sure you jump back after your hit so you dont get hit by the melee.

Just practice dodging him I guess that is most of the fight, the fun part is after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom