• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

image.php

Don't put sticks under Castlevania's finger nails okay? It's a little late in coming to PC but it doesn't deserve your torture Sayid.

I hope this wasn't a Lost spoiler, because I didn't watch the series yet, but I plan to.

Xanathus

Can someone explain how TF2 keys are able to be sold at ~$2 at cost price when the only source for brand new keys are from Valve's store which cost $2.50? Are they being sold at a cheaper price in other regions?

Addnan

Can someone explain how TF2 keys are able to be sold at ~$2 at cost price when the only source for brand new keys are from Valve's store which cost $2.50? Are they being sold at a cheaper price in other regions?

Think it's just people trade for TF2 items with them and the people who receive the key in exchange for the item just sell them.

Xanathus

Think it's just people trade for TF2 items with them and the people who receive the key in exchange for the item just sell them.

I know that they're used as a currency for trades but it doesn't make sense why the exchange rate between keys and USD is 2.00 when in theory it should be 2.50. That's a pretty huge loss unless the base price for keys is 2.00 somewhere.

No fair! I still don't have a button that allows me to install Castlevania remotely! I'm supposed to be able to play this when I get home from work, not 5 hours after I get home from work!

I know that they're used as a currency for trades but it doesn't make sense why the exchange rate between keys and USD is 2.00 when in theory it should be 2.50. That's a pretty huge loss unless the base price for keys is 2.00 somewhere.
Because people aren't buying keys to sell them at $2. They amass them through item trades and whatnot and then undercut the in-game store to sell them, it worked prior to the community market because people wanted to cash out instead of keeping everything within the Steam ecosystem.

Cth

I bought You Need a Budget 4.

Maybe I'll use it in the lead up to the Autumn Sale.

I'm half dreading the comments on that page given how some reacted to Betrayer..

"WTF is this?! It's not even a game/finnished!" "I tried the Konami code and it didn't unlok anything, this is a ripoff!!!!111"

ArjanN

Super House of Dead Ninjas makes me RAGE sometimes! I'm only up to the 3rd boss (that little shit ninja) and I can't beat him (or get to him on my first life). Sometimes you have to be pixel perfect everytime with your attacks. ...and FUCK THOSE MONKEYS.

The game sure has an addictive quality to it. I'll just keep plugging away till that little snot ninja goes down. Man I suck at this game. lol

Super House of Dead Ninjas is great, it's basically a really fast paced Spelunky.

The one armed ninja is only vulnerable to melee attacks and only when he glows. Stick close to him when he's walking back and forth. Jump when he glows and do the downward stab on him. Watch out after that as he will start walking/attack to the side you are on.

P.s. that's not even his final foooooorm. :p

If you liked Dragon's Lair... :

http://store.steampowered.com/app/240340 - $8.99

Hey cool, will buy for nostalgia.

I hope this wasn't a Lost spoiler, because I didn't watch the series yet, but I plan to.

Extremely minor and inconsequential reference haha. a small episode plot point very early in the series, don't worry bout it.

Yay, lords of shadow is downloading! Only a predicted.....2 hours until I can play haha.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Keys are cheaper in other regions: In the Brazilian store, today, they are the equivalent of 1.79 USD. However, this cheaper price never works for me. Usually, the asked price for "cheaper" games on those sites, in keys, is either the same as the cheaper game in my Regional Store or, in some cases, more expensive.

It's all about the trades though. Dude buys a game cheaper in Russia, asks for keys, then sell those keys under market price to cash out.

Let's say a game costs 20 bucks in the US, 10 bucks in Russia. Dude asks for 14 bucks in keys. That's a 4 bucks profit.

If then, in turn, he undervalues those keys and sell them for 12 bucks, he still gets 2 bucks profit.

Or, you know, he just uses stolen credit cards to buy keys and resell them for cheap.

Xanathus

drizzle said:
It's all about the trades though. Dude buys a game cheaper in Russia, asks for keys, then sell those keys under market price to cash out.

Let's say a game costs 20 bucks in the US, 10 bucks in Russia. Dude asks for 14 bucks in keys. That's a 4 bucks profit.

If then, in turn, he undervalues those keys and sell them for 12 bucks, he still gets 2 bucks profit.

Or, you know, he just uses stolen credit cards to buy keys and resell them for cheap.
Ah that makes sense to me, thanks.

r3n4ud

Any impressions of Speedrunners yet? Game looks pretty cool
I played a few rounds yesterday. The game is indeed fun and can get hectic and stressful! But, there are a lack of players currently so you'll wait for a bit in the lobby :(. Of the few games I played, I never played with 4 players.

Hopefully more folks pick this up. It's a really fun and neat multiplayer game. The devs will keep adding characters and maps to keep it fresh and people interested, so that's good news.

jediyoshi

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You are really running out of runway on having people tag Lost spoilers dude...
Dear fucking god if this is a Top Gun spoiler I swear they'll have to build a special prison to entomb my soul because my vengeance will know no temporal limit.

liezryou

So i just finished bioshock infinite in a day. Wow that was really short, only about 8 hours? I'd be pissed if i paid 50$ for this game >.<. And second WTF the ending, im so confused right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom