• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

Just bought the Dungeons & Dragons Master Collection on GG today since it's on sale. I'm beginning to think I have more hours worth of gaming to do than I do of hours of life.

jediyoshi

So i just finished bioshock infinite in a day. Wow that was really short, only about 6 hours? I'd be pissed if i paid 50$ for this game >.<. And second WTF the ending, im so confused right now.

Probably for the best. If they actually forced you to get all the side stuff and observe your surroundings more, it'd probably take away from the discovery aspect and piss off those who were more interested in just advancing for combat

Chicks must dig my Batman avatar. Second sexy lady to add me in the last couple weeks:

9hMysUe.png

Be jealous.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just bought the Dungeons & Dragons Master Collection on GG today since it's on sale. I'm beginning to think I have more hours worth of gaming to do than I do of hours of life.

I want Atari to die already so Hasbro can finally release this on Steam.

liezryou

You must have flew right through that game because it took me 15 hours.

Wait nvm for some reason my steam library shows 2 hours less then what i actually played (shows correctly on profile), so in actuality about 8 hours. Still though, kinda short :/.

Probably for the best. If they actually forced you to get all the side stuff and observe your surroundings more, it'd probably take away from the discovery aspect and piss off those who were more interested in just advancing for combat

Good point.

You shouldn't be. The ending is straightforward as fuck.

How so? It is really confusing.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
So i just finished bioshock infinite in a day. Wow that was really short, only about 6 hours? I'd be pissed if i paid 50$ for this game >.<. And second WTF the ending, im so confused right now.
Most people take over 11h in a normal playthrough, so you did speedrunning time if you beat it in 6h. On the ending, this thread may help you with the finer details and it's a good read if you enjoyed the game.

edit: 8h is pretty fast for a first playthrough too.

Jawmuncher

I beat Bioshock in about 12 and the story wasn't much better even when I knew what was going on. Shame since it starts out strong.
Thankfully I bought it for 10.

Veezy

que?
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Steam Key -- MB-ACFD60C114664375

Have fun!

I am seriously thinking of buying revelations through tf2outpost! But I'm seriously afraid, not really of being scammed, but of the origin of the game! Where are these gifts originating from? cd key sites?

When cards are added to a game, how fast do their value drop usually? I have Electronic Super Joy and Legend of Dungeon and I know for ESJ at least, cards will coming soon.

Also let's say I've been playing for like five hours, then cards are added. Would I get the cards equivalent to those five hours of playing? Or would I have to idle again?

I am seriously thinking of buying revelations through tf2outpost! But I'm seriously afraid, not really of being scammed, but of the origin of the game! Where are these gifts originating from? cd key sites?

They're coming from foreign Steam stores (mostly Russian), so they are legit in that way. The only risk you're running is that they could be bought with stolen credit cards, but if you go through the Steam trading system, you will get your keys back when the game gets removed. It's also not something that happens very often.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Also let's say I've been playing for like five hours, then cards are added. Would I get the cards equivalent to those five hours of playing? Or would I have to idle again?

You'll need to idle the game after the cards are added to get your drops.

They're coming from foreign Steam stores (mostly Russian), so they are legit in that way. The only risk you're running is that they could be bought with stolen credit cards, but if you go through the Steam trading system, you will get your keys back when the game gets removed. It's also not something that happens very often.

xoxo

You'll be fine as long as you go through steam trading system.

xoxo

REVALAITIONS HERE I COME

How so? It is really confusing.

Booker created an alternate reality, and fucked up. So then, to save his kingdom, he made a deal with himself via some quantum physical peoples to get his own daughter, and turn her into something that could save his world. At the end of the game, Elizabeth kills Booker at the focal point of all the madness, thus stopping it for good.

I mean, yeah, it's got a lot of moving parts, but it's really straightforward.

fantomena

Im playing Spelunky right now and using an Xbox-controller and just wondering what's the button for the quick play or whatever it is called?

Turfster

When cards are added to a game, how fast do their value drop usually? I have Electronic Super Joy and Legend of Dungeon and I know for ESJ at least, cards will coming soon.

Idle again, and the cards usually drop in value within the first hour because the world is filled with idiots.

Grief.exe

Im playing Spelunky right now and using an Xbox-controller and just wondering what's the button for the wuick play or whatever it is called?

As said, the quick start is X but it is only accessible for the first few seconds when you boot up the game.

Castlevania hasn't unlocked yet? Great, with any luck it'll be delayed a whole week so I have time to finish Dust :p

It unlocked about 10:30 AM Pacific time. Someone on Konami's end needs to manually unlock it thorough the registry.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Hey, 7 keys for that game is not that bad.... hrrmm... It's the equivalent of 15 USD in Brazil keys....

Edit: That's only 70% off, it was 50% off in the latest sale. I guess i'll pass...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Can we just cut to the chase with this key talk and start talking about money laundering?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Can we just cut to the chase with this key talk and start talking about money laundering?

Can we talk about Key ratios instead?

10 dollars buys you 5.58 keys on my region, but only 4 keys in the USA.
20 dollars buys you 11.17 keys on my region, but only 8 in the USA.
50 dollars buys you 27.93 keys on my region, but only 20 in the USA.

The "fraction" keys would, obviously, be leftover money for whoever buys you keys.

Maybe I should do something about this...

liezryou

Booker created an alternate reality, and fucked up. So then, to save his kingdom, he made a deal with himself via some quantum physical peoples to get his own daughter, and turn her into something that could save his world. At the end of the game, Elizabeth kills Booker at the focal point of all the madness, thus stopping it for good.

I mean, yeah, it's got a lot of moving parts, but it's really straightforward.

You are missing quite a bit; Go read this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533205 . Cleared up a lot for me.

But yeah the way you explain it, it is straightforward.

Hey, 7 keys for that game is not that bad.... hrrmm... It's the equivalent of 15 USD in Brazil keys....

Edit: That's only 70% off, it was 50% off in the latest sale. I guess i'll pass...

Just wait for the sale on it, then you will get it for 3.5 keys.

Can we talk about Key ratios instead?

10 dollars buys you 5.58 keys on my region, but only 4 keys in the USA.
20 dollars buys you 11.17 keys on my region, but only 8 in the USA.
50 dollars buys you 27.93 keys on my region, but only 20 in the USA.

The "fraction" keys would, obviously, be leftover money for whoever buys you keys.

Maybe I should do something about this...
Market price for keys is $2, so 5 keys for $10. No reason to look at the prices Steam charges. Or am I misunderstanding you?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Market price for keys is $2, so 5 keys for $10. No reason to look at the prices Steam charges. Or am I misunderstanding you?

Which market? Steam Market? That fluctuates: The cheapest TF2 key right now is 2.06. The keys on my local TF2 Market are 1.79 a pop (today, it changes with conversion rates).

I was just exercising a scenario in which you go out, buy a 20 dollar Steam Pre-Paid Credit Code in the USA and redeem on your USA account, which means you could buy 8 TF2 keys on the TF2 Market or give me the code instead, which I could redeem on my regional store and buy 11 keys and give them to you instead. This scenario would make Revelations even cheaper for US-regional steam users that get their keys from the official TF2 store or the user market, for that matter.

And there would be money left over: Less than enough to buy a key, but enough to give me a less than a dollar "profit".

Veezy

que?
Here's an Origin code, if wanted.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Battlefield 3 -- MB-05E006AF7BF8155A - Taken by nightstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom