• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezard

There is still some more Blands 2 DLC on the way, which won't be included in the GOTY Edition.

You sure it will cost money though and not be a free patch? Well, I suppose "Season Pass" is named season for a reason... guess season 2 DLC is coming up now, and they'll release another DLC collection in a year or so.

MikeDown

Banned
Dusted off source filmmaker and tried putting a render together. Ended up scraping it, wasn't going anywhere
www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0jNPoV25Dc&hd=1

elizabe000000q6swp.jpg
I'm gonna have to watch it, but my internet is slow right now. :(

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Hope the BL2 Season pass drops in price, got the game for pretty cheap before the sales and skipped out on the season pass, now I've been playing and enjoying the game I'd like to have it to give myself more to play through.

jediyoshi

I'm gonna have to watch it, but my internet is slow right now. :(

It's just a screencast of that single frame coming together ]: Never tried animating anything past a few seconds

Borderlands 2 GOTY announced:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/28/borderlands-2-game-of-the-year-edition-confirmed

About time. Loved BL1 but haven't bought BL2 cause I want all the DLC and it would just be too expensive to buy em all separately.

October 8 in the US and 11 rest of the world.

Unless it releases for $25-30, it's not a big ol value over having bought the stuff piecemeal while on sale

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
IPbeRuh.png

Sims 3 came years before Origin's launch so it pretty much necessitated its own launcher. At some point it's probably not worth it for them to go back and rework the entire backend just to save a few clicks. Worst case scenario, you can make a shortcut directly to Sims3Launcher.exe which'll just load up Origin and then the launcher.
Then what's the point of having a DD client, if they're not going to use it with their own games? I've heard the new SimCity also has its own dedicated launcher.

What FEAR lacks up in colour palette, creative level design and unique texture sets, it more than makes up for with its strong FPS core.

If you have an Nvidia card, you can use the AA bit 0x004030C0 to force AA via Nvidia Inspector without losing soft shadows (alternatively, you can just downsample).

Edit: I should also note that forcing triple buffering via D3DOverrider causes the game to crash.
For some reason, those 3 things you mentioned never bothered me. I can see how someone may not like them, but to me they aren't negative stuff. And I think the level design is top-notch (even though the settings themselves can be repetitive), and it works amazingly well with the excellent AI.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You sure it will cost money though and not be a free patch? Well, I suppose "Season Pass" is named season for a reason... guess season 2 DLC is coming up now, and they'll release another DLC collection in a year or so.

Gearbox/2K hasn't said anything on pricing but expect to cough up. Two of the planned "three or four" upcoming releases are a second Ultimate Vault Hunters Pack (the first is $5) and an expansion titled T.K. Baha's Bloody Harvest (others are $10).

For some reason, those 3 things you mentioned never bothered me. I can see how someone may not like them, but to me they aren't negative stuff. And I think the level design is top-notch (even though the settings themselves can be repetitive), and it works amazingly well with the excellent AI.

I don't mind the drab palette or the by-the-numbers level design, but the locations do overstay their welcome, I think.

jediyoshi

The (US) Rayman Legends page is listing Sept 3rd for some reason. Real date only shows up on the front page here
http://store.steampowered.com/app/242550/

Then what's the point of having a DD client, if they're not going to use it with their own games? I've heard the new SimCity also has its own dedicated launcher.

It still handles the game license, dlc licenses, downloading of content like any other title. Considering all the user made community market stuff that runs outside the scope of Origin, if it weren't just integrated into the game, you'd probably still want some kind of supplemental program to manage things like mods/packages. Games on Steam have had launchers for much dumber reasons.

Are you using a custom skin for Steam? It's usually the cause. E.g a recent version of the Metro skin was causing high cpu usage if you let the library view sit on an entry with screenshots.

Yep, just switched to Metro 3.0 last week. Have they updated to get rid of that bug? In any case, thanks!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
IPbeRuh.png

Sims 3 came years before Origin's launch so it pretty much necessitated its own launcher. At some point it's probably not worth it for them to go back and rework the entire backend just to save a few clicks. Worst case scenario, you can make a shortcut directly to Sims3Launcher.exe which'll just load up Origin and then the launcher.

Yeah. You can pretty much run Sims 3 without Origin. Hell you can run Sims 3 without the launcher even!

Uiki

In Counter-Strike the only way to have your first shot be 100% accurate is to not move at all while standing or creeping while crouching at 10% of your movement speed. But it doesn't have ADS thank god which automatically allows the skill ceiling to be through the roof.

Comparing CS to any other multiplayer FPS is not fair, dude.

fantomena

Thinking about buying YNAB. Tried the demo, was really good. I filled 18 years in april so I think I need to think about my "future" life budget soon so i don't only think about Steam/PC sales.

The_Monk

Thkinking about buying YNAB. Tried the demo, was really good. I filled 18 years in april so I think I need to think about my "future" life budget soon so i don't only think about Steam/PC sales.

I remember being tempted during the last sale too fellow GAFfer but then another GAFfer said to try this site:

https://www.mint.com/

Not sure if this helps, just passing the info like he did to me.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So I see Shadows Of The Eternal got greenlit. Be interesting to see how they can fund it. Since it's been greenlit can they do Early Access ? I could see that be one source of funding the game.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Amikrog
Artimis
Eleusis
Influx (sup lacabra)
Knytt underground
Risk of rain
Signal ops

Pretty good list for me, probably more on there I might like once I tear through that huge list. As if my wallet wasn't already nonexistent.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Games I remember having thanks to indie bundles:

Escape Goat
Mutant Mudds
Omegalodon
Oniken

Games I'm happy were greenlit:

MOTHERFUCKING SHANTAE ALL OVER MY FACE
Chroma Squad
Cook, Serve, Delicious (and the author told me on twitter that the chances were slim)

Really good news! Go indie go indie go </vanilla ice>

Turfster

I wonder if there's a list of games which have appeared in bundles and have promised a steam key upon greenlight.

The indie game bundle wikia's list is incomplete, at least.

Man, I just hope the Gray Matter publishers don't pull a "50€ for our game" move... I can get a physical copy for about 12€ guys, so don't go aiming higher than that...

The "let's all play games and have fun" bundle

Holy shit I won DiveKick!!!!!!, I just got my computer on for the day, so thank you very much Toddhunter I will definitely really enjoy this. This indie platformer, horror, and fighting game onslaught has been totally wonderful. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom