• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

I've been hesitant about preordering it.
Guess I'll wait for more reviews first to see what staying power it has.
(I've got way too many games that seemed cool, but fell flat within the first hour)

People are reporting that you'll be finished after an hour. Now what I don't know is if there's any replayability, for example if you can keep all the little badgers alive.

Turfster

People are reporting that you'll be finished after an hour. Now what I don't know is if there's any replayability, for example if you can keep all the little badgers alive.

That's what I was afraid of.
I don't mind games that last an hour if they deliver a good story or feels, but I'm sort of hesitant to pay 10€ for them...

Dungeon siege complete is the daily for 75% off, 5€

Question, did Incredible Machine have levels with reversed gravity (or maybe moon gravity?) and a level editor?

I remember playing a game back in junior high that reminds me of this contraption maker.

When were you in junior high? If it was in he late 90s to early 00’s than yes, you most likely played the Incredible Machine. If it was later, it may have been the Crazy Machines.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It still handles the game license, dlc licenses, downloading of content like any other title. Considering all the user made community market stuff that runs outside the scope of Origin, if it weren't just integrated into the game, you'd probably still want some kind of supplemental program to manage things like mods/packages. Games on Steam have had launchers for much dumber reasons.
Not in the case of the Mass Effect games, those must be bought from the BioWare store.

And I never said I liked Steam games having their own launcher. But that can't be blamed on Valve, since they didn't publish those games. All the Origin games mentioned previously were published by EA, and there's just no excuse there.

Grief.exe

Played about 30 minutes of Shelter.

Great artstyle
No UI (awesome)
Music reminds me of Thomas Was Alone

You basically explore the world and find treats for your little badger family while avoiding potential hazards.

I will put up my impression video tonight.

Played about 30 minutes of Shelter.

Great artstyle
No UI (awesome)
Music reminds me of Thomas Was Alone

You basically explore the world and find treats for your little badger family while avoiding potential hazards.

I will put up my impression video tonight.

I'm pretty open to most gaming genres, but nothing about this sounds exciting at all. I'll be looking forward to your impression video

jediyoshi

QfRi3M0.jpg

:|

Not in the case of the Mass Effect games, those must be bought from the BioWare store.

And I never said I liked Steam games having their own launcher. But that can't be blamed on Valve, since they didn't publish those games. All the Origin games mentioned previously were published by EA, and there's just no excuse there.

Doesn't negate my previous points, if there weren't some extra manager outside of the game to manage user content and EA relied on users mucking around in explorer moving files around, it doesn't sound like much of a trade off.

And the DLC for Origin versions? Sounds more like laziness than bad policy. Seeing as ME3 would have been the only one where Origin was already established by its release, they probably figured it was easier to continue riding it out with Bioware's system rather than having a mish mash of user licenses all over the place with the ME trilogy.

Grief.exe

I'm pretty open to most gaming genres, but nothing about this sounds exciting at all. I'll be looking forward to your impression video

The game also doesn't have a wealth of content, apparently you can beat the whole thing in about an hour and a half. I can see this being an issue for someone, but, personally, I don't correlate time spent in a game to value.

If the video doesn't go up tonight, then expect it tomorrow morning. I am coming down with a cold and didn't get much sleep last night.

Interestingly enough, the base Mass Effect game does not have any DRM attached to it, but the DLC does.
The DLC comes with Securom and a 3 machine limit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Turtles is (relatively) expensive in Russialand: roughly $12 versus the usual ~$9. One for the Autumn Sale, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom