• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
I've got some good stuff to give away tonight. Starting with this...
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sleeping Dogs -- MB-93BE3530BE48ABD8 - Taken by mannerbot

Dupy

And these...
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Just Cause Collection -- MB-1CA5CD951CF29A5B - Taken by Ingueferroque
Just Cause Collection -- MB-27C2D92683DF53B2 - Taken by greendomo's ghost
Just Cause Collection -- MB-2DA03EB9286B619D - Taken by greendomo's ghost
Just Cause Collection -- MB-8D91D18E786CF322 - Taken by damaph

Thanks! And damnit I borked it up. I sent my first pm without the J from Just Cause, thought it was invalidated...Can I send one back to you or should I repost it myself?

Grief.exe

Thanks! And damnit I borked it up. I sent my first pm without the J from Just Cause, thought it was invalidated...Can I send one back to you or should I repost it myself?

here

If you posted a key and no one took it, so you want to update the giveaway rules or just repost it:
- Just send the key to ModBot again so it knows to update the giveaway information or note that it's a new giveaway.

If you posted a key, someone took it, but they realized they didn't want it and asked you to repost it:
- Make sure they did not use the key
- Send a PM to ModBot. The title should contain the word nuke. The body should contain, one per line, Steam Keys you wish to unclaim. Not ModBot keys, Steam keys. Not more than one per line. No game titles. Just the keys.

If someone else posted a key, you took it, and you realized that you didn't want it:
- First, don't do this. You're being a jerk.
- Second, you should contact the person who did the original giveaway so they can give it away again by following the above instructions.
- Third, if you ABSOLUTELY want to give it away yourself and you 100% definitely did not use the key, follow the above nuke instructions and then submit it yourself.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I thought people couldn't get more than one game from the same giveaway unless the giver uses a specific modifier when creating it. This is strange.

Is this how it's supposed to work? Or is this a bug?

Dupy

And these...
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Witcher Enhanced Edition #3 -- MB-3C25343ED5EF0AC8 - Taken by JDHarbs
The Witcher Enhanced Edition #2 -- MB-01BC9FB3D66CDD5F - Taken by ieavei
The Witcher Enhanced Edition #1 -- MB-FB27314B19B42F51 - Taken by mannerbot
The Witcher Enhanced Edition #5 -- MB-E0E3E8B9F3ACD583 - Taken by BruteUA
The Witcher Enhanced Edition #4 -- MB-F8E0D3BDE25D1AA8 - Taken by Ingueferroque

Dupy

Shoot, I hope I didn't bork my Modbot emails. Please PM me if you had a problem with the key you got.

So: any consensus picks from the Greenlight sale? I already have Rogue Legacy...

TL;DR: Enhanced Steam will now highlight midweek and weekend deals as well as weird things like this Greenlight sale.

Thank goodness. I realized when I opened up the sale at work today that big fields of discount Steam games without helpful Enhanced highlights were weird and scary to me now. :(

So: any consensus picks from the Greenlight sale? I already have Rogue Legacy...

Thank goodness. I realized when I opened up the sale at work today that big fields of discount Steam games without helpful Enhanced highlights were weird and scary to me now. :(

I recommend La Mulana, great price.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I have a code too. Coincidentally, this is a key for the first game I ever won from ModBot.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Europa Universalis 3 -- MB-0378EACFE84FEE99 - Taken by Iron Badger

Bleed is awesome and cheap, also Divekick if you play fighting games.

I recommend La Mulana, great price.

I'm currently thinking La Mulana and BLEED. And maybe someone has a spot in a Hammerwatch 4-pack lying around?

Divekick I already know is great but I mostly play it with people on break at work anyway. Papers Please I'll probably wait out for 50% off down the line. Same goes for Edge of Space and Game Dev Tycoon.

In terms of other potential pickups I'm considering Towns, Incredipede, Afterfall, Miasmata, Receiver, maybe No Time To Explain. Any impressions on anything from that list?

Played the beta awhile ago, it was pretty janky and mediocre and I tend to really like the genre. I would just way for Starbound whenever the hell it comes out.
Thanks for the impressions. Guess I'll pass on that. How are Fly'N and No Time to Explain?

And should I make an Edge of Space OT? There's already a beta thread, but that was started before the game was even on Steam and only has 8 posts

Crayons

Banned
I'm currently thinking La Mulana and BLEED. And maybe someone has a spot in a Hammerwatch 4-pack lying around?

Divekick I already know is great but I mostly play it with people on break at work anyway. Papers Please I'll probably wait out for 50% off down the line. Same goes for Edge of Space and Game Dev Tycoon.

In terms of other potential pickups I'm considering Towns, Incredipede, Afterfall, Miasmata, Receiver, maybe No Time To Explain. Any impressions on anything from that list?
Whatever you do, do not get Towns.

Incredipede is a lot of fun and has some great user content.

Hoping for some impressions on No Time To Explain and Fly'n

Grief.exe

Miasmata - looks awesome, been on my wishlist forever. The developers kind of just up and left though, there are still some bugs in the game and with the achievements, none of them game breaking to my knowledge. IonFX, no where to be found.

La Mulana and Bleed - Don't own them, but have heard good things. Can't go wrong with those.

Papers, Please - I fully recommend this title. Gave me about 6 hours of gameplay on my first play through and I can't wait for more.

Euro Truck Sim 2 - Duke Bobby approved. Dude was addicted to this game for a solid 2 months. Giantbomb quick look

Shelter - beat it today, very awesome art style, very atmospheric, and the end is so sad and yet satisfying. Only about an hour and a half of content there, so if you correlate value to time spent, then wait for a sale.

Surgeon Simulator - This looks like the party game that people need to have for HTPCs.

KR0 - Heard great things about this one. Waiting for the full content drop, I don't like playing games in bursts.

Rogue Legacy - I liked it, but the game got too grindy and turned me off.

No Time To Explain is fun and funny at times, but also has this glitchy feel to it the further you progress in the game. It starts to feel impossible, as it is less about skill and more about sheer luck whether or not you progress. However, for $3.40 it is not a horrible pickup, I have paid more for worse experiences.

Edit:
Didn't realize Surgeon Simulator was on sale. There is no better drinking game with friends who play video games. Some people are put off initially, but once the controls click you will be speeding through the surgeries. The only problem is that there are only a few surgeries that repeat with more movement involved. It would have been nicer for them to mix up the goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom