• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneil99

I'm not a begger but me and my friends were all going to get the showdown effect and dungeon land, I am 3 cents short of buying another hib, all I need is the two games, I can forward you a refined in tf2 , just need an extra 3 cents on PP

Of course Stronghammer has Rome II for $30 when I spend $31 for keys to grab it *shakes fist*
So does Rayman Legends use Uplay or anything of the sort?

I'm not a begger but me and my friends were all going to get the showdown effect and dungeon land, I am 3 cents short of buying another hib, all I need is the two games, I can forward you a refined in tf2 , just need an extra 3 cents on PP
Sure

Blizzard

Banned
The art for Memoria looks so good, I think I may just get it now instead of waiting. I searched the thread but didn't see any strong recommendations one way or the other.

demolitio

So what's the best deal on Rome 2 right now? I see some people mentioning good prices but I can't find out where after searching the past 10 pages. I've never done the TF2 keys thing before but I can do Paypal.

Ship just got real

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Warlock -- MB-CF13062B7A97953D - Taken by Gez
Leviathan Warships -- MB-00B6441B21C001D6 - Taken by Deques
Showdown Effect -- MB-F1E09AE3DA5ED8E0 - Taken by maneil99

demolitio

GMG, GetGames, or just ask Maneil99.

Ok, I've been talking to Maneil and just wanted to make sure no one was talking about GMG having it for that low since it's at like $45 right now I believe. I had some credit there but rather just get Rome 2 cheaper overall.

Thanks. I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.

Triarii!!!!

maneil99

Seriously?
Are you asking a refund for a charity donation?

I'm sure it's a really common comedy trope. Let me know of their replies. :D

I'm not asking for a 1$ refund, just for them to switch it and give me the humble bundle game key rather then the comedy bundle

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow that sucks. What if he VPN'd to a US IP for just the activation, I wonder. Valve only cracks down on using VPNs to buy but maybe if he activates with one it will remain the US version.
I've helped that same friend get US versions of other games in the past without issue. At least he saved some money, even if he still got the censored version.
I could have sworn other games didn't work like that. I just skipped over to the SRIV thread and it seems like my countrymen have had about the same luck.
Thanks anyway guys, I'll just have to suck it up and get the Aus version in a couple of weeks. Enjoy those games!

It's the US version. The friend is seeing a later unlock date because while SR4 has region-specific subs, the app id is universal, so the unlock time is determined by location (something you can bypass using a VPN). If he looks at his sub history, he'll see something like this:

sr42h5sjj.jpg

mannerbot

It's the US version. The friend is seeing a later unlock date because while SR4 has region-specific subs, the app id is universal, so the unlock time is determined by location (something you can bypass using a VPN). If he looks at his sub history, he'll see something like this:

sr42h5sjj.jpg

Ah, I read something about Deep Silver converting copies from other regions to the censored one, but maybe I was mistaken then. There's still hope YMatticus!

JaseC

Ah, I read something about Deep Silver converting copies from other regions to the censored one, but maybe I was mistaken then. There's still hope YMatticus!

Steam Support recently told an enquiring mind that the version a user receives is based on their location, but as far as I'm aware, this isn't true. As an example, back in 2011, I received L4D2 from Valve, as part of the Valve Complete Pack, after collecting all of the potatoes during Portal 2's early release ARG; now, the Aussie version is heavily censored, but I fired up my copy a week or two ago and it's indeed uncut -- plenty of blood/gore and the bodies are persistent.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Anybody here who can help me?

Rayman Legends gives some strange stuttering, but it's in a way i've seen before. Changing the refreshrate to 120 or 60 through the NVidia controllpanel usually does the trick. (Spelunky, for example, had the same problem and got fixed this way)

But here's the thing, no matter how I change the refreshrate through NVidia, Rayman Legends will stay at 144Hz. And the stuttering continues.
So....
...any idea's? :p

The rest of the demo's awesome, though!

didamangi

Anybody here who can help me?

Rayman Legends gives some strange stuttering, but it's in a way i've seen before. Changing the refreshrate to 120 or 60 through the NVidia controllpanel usually does the trick. (Spelunky, for example, had the same problem and got fixed this way)

But here's the thing, no matter how I change the refreshrate through NVidia, Rayman Legends will stay at 144Hz. And the stuttering continues.
So....
...any idea's? :p

The rest of the demo's awesome, though!

Have you tried limiting the game to 60fps? nvidia have frame rate limiting in it's control panel right?

sr42h5sjj.jpg

Well shit, I'm back in. If anyone can give me a hand with this for some paypal monies (or whatever the method is), shoot me a PM. Thanks JaseC!

mannerbot

Steam Support recently told an enquiring mind that the version a user receives is based on their location, but as far as I'm aware, this isn't true. As an example, back in 2011, I received L4D2 from Valve, as part of the Valve Complete Pack, after collecting all of the potatoes during Portal 2's early release ARG; now, the Aussie version is heavily censored, but I fired up my copy a week or two ago and it's indeed uncut -- plenty of blood/gore and the bodies are persistent.

Yes, as I mentioned in my previous posts this was never an issue in the past. Good to hear that what I read about SRIV possibly being censored even if gifted an out-of-region copy isn't true. My friend read something along those lines as well and we both didn't know what ESD stood for, but I guess I can pass the good news along to him now!

Well shit, I'm back in. If anyone can give me a hand with this for some paypal monies, shoot me a PM. Thanks JaseC!

I can do it, but perhaps you'd like to wait a bit and see if there's a sale in the next week or so since you won't be able to access it until the 12th anyway?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Have you tried limiting the game to 60fps? nvidia have frame rate limiting in it's control panel right?
I checked the framerate with RivaTuner and it's constantly at 60. Tried limiting it, no difference.

That's how I usually know it's a Hz problem. :p

I can do it, but perhaps you'd like to wait a bit and see if there's a sale in the next week or so since you won't be able to access it until the 12th anyway?

That's a pretty good point. Is that likely to happen? I might keep an eye on the store and if nothing turns up try again later.

mannerbot

That's a pretty good point. Is that likely to happen? I might keep an eye on the store and if nothing turns up try again later.

It probably won't happen in the store, but it might through some other retailer. For example, I helped my friend get it using the 20% off code at GMG, but that's a one-time use code so I wouldn't be able to do the same for you. Perhaps Amazon, GamersGate, or GMG will have a different discount for the game in the upcoming week so you might as well wait. Otherwise, you could see if someone isn't going to buy anything else from GMG and is willing to let you use their 20% off voucher. If you don't have any success with either of those, I can help you get it at the regular US Steam store price.

It probably won't happen in the store, but it might through some other retailer. For example, I helped my friend get it using the 20% off code at GMG, but that's a one-time use code so I wouldn't be able to do the same for you. Perhaps Amazon, GamersGate, or GMG will have a different discount for the game in the upcoming week so you might as well wait. Otherwise, you could see if someone isn't going to buy anything else from GMG and is willing to let you use their 20% off voucher. If you don't have any success with either of those, I can help you get it at the regular US Steam store price.

Cheers. I'll hold off and see what happens.

Thank you, everyone.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

The Showdown Effect -- MB-73ECD39E87E41C19 - Taken by Tak3n

Free cheap game. Woop

Tak3n

Banned
so.....This Turtle game....

On the 360, it is an embarrassment, the camera is far to close, the assets look like they are from the ps2 era...

On the PC things look a whole lot better, certainly not great but budget game acceptable....

However the flaw that all these type of game suffer with is that you are asked to believe your Turtle can fly across 50 foot gaps, because at that point the game wants you to, but on the next roof, you can not jump over a 1 foot ridge, because it is not flashing yellow (the games way of telling you where to go)

Horrible design.

JaseC

Amazon got back to me about 7 Gates and just offered instructions on how to redeem my key using Steam, which I didn't get, seemingly because the game is mislabelled... something I explained in my message.

I've sent another e-mail.

Acccent

So, Amazon just sent me a $5 promo code that's applicable on a pre-order of Dark Souls 2. I never asked for this, but I'm not gonna complain! The game still is $55 with the code though, which is a bit more than I'm used to pay for PC games (ie above $20) so do you reckon I should still get it at that price or will it be discounted soon after release?

Addnan

So, Amazon just sent me a $5 promo code that's applicable on a pre-order of Dark Souls 2. I never asked for this, but I'm not gonna complain! The game still is $55 with the code though, which is a bit more than I'm used to pay for PC games (ie above $20) so do you reckon I should still get it at that price or will it be discounted soon after release?

Wait, GMG will probably have something better.

JaseC

I'd wait. GMG will undoubtedly offer a discount code for the game (likely to the tune of 25%).

Edit: b10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom