• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakkidis

Question

Amazon is selling Bioshock 1+2 for 5$. However they use Games for Windows. I hear they are getting out of the business. Is it a good idea to buy this? Should I just wait?

justjim89

Is the Steam version of Blacklist still fucked? Been wanting to look into it.

Also, y'all gotta play Sir, You Are Being Hunted. Really good stuff going on there.

allansm

Guys, do you think 12.49 is a good price for Kentucky Route Zero? I've read some opinions that said 25.00 was a very high price for an incomplete game...

Do you like experimental and innovative indie games? Are you a fan of point 'n click adventures? Do you like magical realism (literature)? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then get it now. If you are only curious or not so sure you'll like the game, wait until all episodes are out.

I was just about to beat Skulls of The Shogun and my TV blew out. Purchased it August 29, 2012 & I took it back to Best Buy but it past warranty. 1 year warranty with Insignia really means 365 days starting with purchase date, hopefully they'll email me back with an exception.

But yeah Skulls of The Shogun is good.

Speaking of GFWL, a friend is having troubles with it while we're trying to get a Lost Planet 2 co-op session going. He's getting this error and it's putting a snag on things:

inwY4trmyBM8i.jpg

Something to note, he can log into other accounts just fine, but this one gives him the error, and he can't use any of the other accounts because the LP2 key was used on that one.

Anyone know of anything that can be done?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If you have two-factor authentication on your Live account, you will get that error. I believe it also happens with extra-long passwords or passwords containing odd characters.

If that's the case, you can go to account.live.com, sign in, click "Security Information", and then generate a per-application password. Use that password to sign in to GFWL

My computer is in French so I can't look up the exact English translation for the links you need, but it's the one that I've selected in the left menu and then the one that says "Créer un mot de passe d'application"
TJPDF2h.png

Buying keys to use for games is so weird. In any case, bought enough for Rome II and in the end it'll cost me $30.50. Hard to complain about that.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
So Gamersgate is selling Kingdoms of Amalur for $5.

Do all games from there work on Steam? Or only if it says so specifically?

I am going to buy it either way, but would rather it be on Steam ;P

hlhbk

So of all of the greenlight games on sale 3 games look interesting to me. Anyone try the following out:

Lesiure Suit Larry remake

Rogue Legacy

Organ Trail

If you have two-factor authentication on your Live account, you will get that error. I believe it also happens with extra-long passwords or passwords containing odd characters.

If that's the case, you can go to account.live.com, sign in, click "Security Information", and then generate a per-application password. Use that password to sign in to GFWL

My computer is in French so I can't look up the exact English translation for the links you need, but it's the one that I've selected in the left menu and then the one that says "Créer un mot de passe d'application"
Thanks for the help Stump! That fixed it and we can go on our merry co-op way. Yay for ambiguous error messages.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Fuckin GFWL, they better patch all the games that use it. I need to know, in me hearts, that all my steam games can be played. ALL THE GAMES

Turfster

So of all of the greenlight games on sale 3 games look interesting to me. Anyone try the following out:

Lesiure Suit Larry remake

Rogue Legacy

Organ Trail
Leisure Suit Larry remake is a remake of a 80s 'funny' adventure game, that apparently doesn't add too much new stuff, so I really wouldn't grab it.
Organ Trail is a Lo-fi Oregon Trail remake with zombies.
People are always raving about Rogue Legacy. I'm sure others will tell you why it's great.

Do you like experimental and innovative indie games? Are you a fan of point 'n click adventures? Do you like magical realism (literature)? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then get it now. If you are only curious or not so sure you'll like the game, wait until all episodes are out.

Yes. Not so much. I can't stand Garcia Marquez. Ohh, the dilemma.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Europa Universalis 3 Complete Steam Key -- MB-FBA795B17B610982 - Taken by Last Baron
Warlock Steam Key -- MB-A307427284C2F398 - Taken by sprinkles

I assume this still works! I tried to redeem it but its says I already own the complete version even though the version I already have doesn't indicate whether I have the DLC or not.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Europa Universalis 3 Complete -- MB-F434BE6259D82D42 - Taken by Atraveller

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't know about this, gonna try it while I wait for the whole game to be released so I can finally buy (and maybe play) it.

On another note, I chose to continue Dust instead of starting Castlevania. I think I'm growing to like the art style (at first it was just "not hating"), though I'm still not a fan of the anthropomorphized furry-like characters. Gameplay is very fun, but the voice acting is average at best. Still, I'm enjoying it quite a lot, though for some reason I can't stand playing it for more than 2 hours straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom