• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
steamworks achievements
trading cards
tf2 item preorders

renegade kid if you wanna be part of dat steam indie cash clique, you gotta play da game right

Don't forget the early bird discount!

Morning NeoGAF. So many bundles and sales.

But prison architect is the one that matters most:

Haha, I'd forgotten about this. <3

I still need to write up my own prisoner bio. I'll get around to it eventually.

*pats* That's why you stay in here, where it's warm and safe, under the loving gaze of our lady Ronan.

Has a nice ring to it. ;)

yamo

Is it me or is the beat-the-average price of the humble weekly sale not moving at all?

Also, do you get separate keys for each game?

Xanathus

Is there a way to get keys without buying them? I don't really understand.

It's just an exchange currency for buying games from other regions, keys are around $2 per key on the Steam market so it just means that the game is trading for $4. Most people accept paypal as well although you should use Steam trading with keys when trading for Steam gifts/games as it's more secure.

Melted77

Is it me or is the beat-the-average price of the humble weekly sale not moving at all?

The average is locked at $5.80. It is the average price of all Humble Bundles. That's why if you look at the Windows/Mac/Linux average it is way different.

Spelunky is brutal, threw a rock at a spider's web and it fell into the shop keeper's place and he proceeded to chase me with a shotgun :/ The vita version looks nice too, glad I didn't spend too much time with the other versions.

And Rome II is going to be amazing, wish they would team up with Paradox though. Imagine Paradox handling the cultural/political elements while Creative Assembly focuses on the battles
Antonio.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Spelunky is brutal, threw a rock at a spider's web and it fell into the shop keeper's place and he proceeded to chase me with a shotgun :/

Meanwhile, on GeoNAF:

bouncyrugo said:
Shopkeepy is brutal, was just minding my own business, being a good shopkeeper when all of a sudden some asshole threw a rock at me and then ran away. :/

Just... know that your actions have consequences. There's a reason that the expression goes "Sticks and stones may break my bones..."

This has been a PSA from Shopkeeper's Union Local 790.

Meanwhile, on GeoNAF:

Just... know that your actions have consequences. There's a reason that the expression goes "Sticks and stones may break my bones..."

This has been a PSA from Shopkeeper's Union Local 790.

That doesn't explain why the bastard stuck in a little 4x4 room with no oxygen and two treasure chests gets so upset when I try to break him free.

Next time I'll leave him there to die.

Okay, so I've got a quick giveaway and a request for help.

First:
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-A5EE34C3C8DF3277 - Taken by Tellaerin
Faerie Solitaire -- MB-B7A498B78785BD11 - Taken by JBourne
Orcs Must Die 2 -- MB-C3136B9D3949E697 - Taken by mannerbot
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-7C254F7DD7D3CD65 - Taken by JawesomeJaw
Dungeon Hearts -- MB-123A00541BA53965 - Taken by Ingueferroque
Garry's Mod -- MB-F91325D5E8D55D03 - Taken by didamangi

Second, I loved Saints Row the Third. But as a dirty Australian peasant, I can only buy the censored shithouse version of the sequel. Any chance I could work something out with a GAFer from a more freedom-loving country? I can paypal however many US dollars it is for the non-Aus version, if that's the easiest way.

mannerbot

First:

Second, I loved Saints Row the Third. But as a dirty Australian peasant, I can only buy the censored shithouse version of the sequel. Any chance I could work something out with a GAFer from a more freedom-loving country? I can paypal however many US dollars it is for the non-Aus version, if that's the easiest way.

I helped an Australian friend out with getting SRIV, and it turns out that you actually can't get the uncensored version. I bought him a US version and when he redeemed it, it turned into the Australian version (with a release date of Sept. 12, if I remember the Australian release date correctly).

edit: Oh, and thanks for OMD2!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I helped an Australian friend out with getting SRIV, and it turns out that you actually can't get the uncensored version. I bought him a US version and when he redeemed it, it turned into the Australian version (with a release date of Sept. 12, if I remember the Australian release date correctly).

Wow that sucks. What if he VPN'd to a US IP for just the activation, I wonder. Valve only cracks down on using VPNs to buy but maybe if he activates with one it will remain the US version.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Unlock times are based on location, not the version of the game a user has. The exception to this is if there are distinct app ids for particular territories, which isn't the case with SR4.

didamangi

First:

Thx for Garry's Mod YMatticus :)

Well that suck, is this true for all games or just SR4?

I could have sworn other games didn't work like that. I just skipped over to the SRIV thread and it seems like my countrymen have had about the same luck.

Thanks anyway guys, I'll just have to suck it up and get the Aus version in a couple of weeks. Enjoy those games!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

Thanks for Faerie Solitaire!

Man, TotalBiscuit wasn't kidding when he said the Divekick menus were annoying. Who the fuck decided it was a good idea to force you to use the two buttons in the options menu?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Okay so here is my (maybe not so) mini-review of the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.

The game is pretty terrible, honestly. Most of the things I thought would make a 4 player TMNT game just weren't there. This is a generic, boring, and repetitive beat-em-up. I'll try to hit the few things that before purchasing made me think "this game is going to rock" and the revelations that led to my disappointment.

1) "The turtle power upgrade system will be really cool". Reality: It's not cool at all. You "level up" (although nowhere I could find is your actual level displayed) and get skill points you can distribute. But instead of getting a certain number of points for each turtle, you get a global number of points to distribute. If you want to switch between the different Turtles (especially in single player) you're going to fail pretty miserably. Also, most "skill tree" unlocks don't seems to do much if anything - there doesn't "feel" like a difference between being low level and high level.

2) "Everything I love about the shows and comic books is here." The developers really pushed this: this game was made for the 30-something Turtles fan. Except, in reality, it's not. Despite having completely different (and sometimes creepy) graphics, all of the characters are exactly the same as they are in the brand new Nickelodeon show. And as if to add insult to injury, they didn't even get the same voice actors from the new show. There isn't much here for the 30-something TMNT fan, especially if you haven't watched the new show.

3) "It will probably have an interesting/epic story". Nope. Seems like it was written for a 5 year old. Seriously, the new show has better plots than this game on a weekly basis. Nothing to see here. My playthrough did last about 4 hours (which is fairly high for a $15 game) but I'd say at least 2 hours of that was grinding away on and endless number of bad guys and/or replaying parts after dying due to their terrible checkpoint system.

4) "I heard about this game over a year ago: the developers have probably had plenty of time to flush out all of the bugs by now." Wrong again. In addition to the AI being (just, in general) terrible, I encountered TONS of bugs. Once
while fighting Shredder the first time,
one of my AI turtle teammates was standing on his head and they were both spinning in circles wildly without moving. During another boss battle
with Kurai at the construction site,
the boss got stuck in a part of the map I couldn't access yet and just kept throwing bombs at me, causing me to eventually have to reload from the previous checkpoint about 10 minutes earlier. Finally, the little "mini-game" where the turtles try to hack stuff: at first I thought it was really cool. Donatello hacks things easier than the others, so use him. Until the last level: where even with Donatello's ability, the hacking terminals are literally impossible. Meaning you have to exit out and re-enter the hacking attempt until you find one that can actually be solved. And I don't mean "impossible" like "Oh man, that's really hard, I'd never be able to figure that out!" I mean "impossible" like "there is literally no way this can be accomplished". I wish I had a screenshot handy because it's hard to explain. Anyway, it required a fair bit of loading/reloading on some of the hacking terminals.

Well that about sums it up. I can't really think of any redeeming qualities this game has. Besides maybe that a lot of the achievements were really easy to get. But even that becomes like the chore that drives you to play longer when you really just want to give up on it.

Sorry for the long review. If you're a huge TMNT fan and have watched the new cartoon (like me) I guess I could see picking this up for 75% off and being okay with it. Don't pay full price though, unless you want to be disappointed.

mannerbot

I could have sworn other games didn't work like that. I just skipped over to the SRIV thread and it seems like my countrymen have had about the same luck.

Thanks anyway guys, I'll just have to suck it up and get the Aus version in a couple of weeks. Enjoy those games!

Well, you can still get the US version and save at least $20 (unless you wanted a collector's edition).

I'm giving away Bioshock again as the game is constantly appearing in bundles.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Bioshock -- MB-9C6143C863E983B5 - Taken by n8

Also, can somebody pretty please invite me to the Neogaf steam group? It's been weeks since I first asked :(

I keep coming back to Edge of Space...

One GAFfer said it was mediocre and janky. Any other overall impressions?

Also specifically would like to know how it is for single player only and if the worlds are infinite

They didn't; this sounds like an exception. Deep Silver are really into region lock, for whatever reason. Reverting the version after gifting is a shitty practice, let's hope it turns out to be untrue.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Giving back
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Hotline Miami -- MB-662396CC7B31CBF1 - Taken by More_Badass
Toy Soldiers -- MB-ADE4AB7DE414B137 - Taken by Blablurn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom