• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DukeBobby

Now that my internet is back, I can finally install Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Impressions in the OT seem pretty positive, so I remain hopeful that it isn't completely terrible.

It's the other way around fellow GAFfer, it was you that we missed. Welcome back!

<3

Momentary

Banned
It seems to have been in and around the top 10 for the last month, that player count doesn't seem too healthy though.

I figure that a lot of people are double dipping and that it isn't necessarily their number 1 game to get out of the way at the moment. I think it's doing pretty well in terms of how old it is. Staying up there in the top 10 for so long it in the sales list should mean it's doing okay. Hopefully it gets a spike in sales on it's first discount. I think a lot of people are waiting on a discount that brings it under $20.

Hell, if they gave the game cards it would probably give it more sales. Some people have an unhealthy addiction to cards at the moment.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The 25% off voucher will work until September 6th and Castle of Illusion is released on the 4th, so hopefully it works after the release.

The 25% discount code isn't general use:

This voucher is available on the following PC Download games and will provide a smooth 25% discount

Assuming GMG replaces the recently-expired -20% code, the new one should work with the game.

Edit: Also, today's Daily is 75% off Aliens: Cololnial Marines.

Addnan

Does anyone happen to know how gmg is with deliveries?

I'm thinking of getting GTA 5 through them for the £5 credit.
It's weird, they don't even give a dispatch notice. The game just kinda turns up. When they first started they had problem getting it to you for release, not sure if it has changed.

Grief.exe

Now that my internet is back, I can finally install Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Impressions in the OT seem pretty positive, so I remain hopeful that it isn't completely terrible.

Be careful in there Duke. One of the Splinter Cell guys came over here and was yelling at me because I said the game didn't look very good. He ended up making himself looking very silly in the end, but still strange behavior.

Good to see you back! Let us know what you think of Blacklist!

I figure that a lot of people are double dipping and that it isn't necessarily their number 1 game to get out of the way at the moment. I think it's doing pretty well in terms of how old it is. Staying up there in the top 10 for so long it in the sales list should mean it's doing okay. Hopefully it gets a spike in sales on it's first discount. I think a lot of people are waiting on a discount that brings it under $20.

Hell, if they gave the game cards it would probably give it more sales. Some people have an unhealthy addiction to cards at the moment.

I think you are right. I just want it to do well so Konami brings more games over to the platform.

Metal Gear Solid V? Yes please.

DukeBobby

Does anyone happen to know how gmg is with deliveries?

I'm thinking of getting GTA 5 through them for the £5 credit.

I've only ordered one console game from them (The Last of Us), but it arrived on the day of release, so they seem to be pretty reliable.

However, like Addnan said, they don't give you a dispatch notice, which is pretty odd.

AHA-Lambda

It's weird, they don't even give a dispatch notice. The game just kinda turns up. When they first started they had problem getting it to you for release, not sure if it has changed.

Oh dear :/

Unfortunately, with the £5 credit, they're the cheapest for that game. Cheap enough that I don't want to wait on an unannounced pc version.

Anyone know wtf just happened?

I finished downloading Castlevania, Steam is showing Castlevania is using 15GB on my HDD. As soon as it finished, it started downloading again from the beginning while Steam still says it uses 15gb...

I finished downloading Castlevania, Steam is showing Castlevania is using 15GB on my HDD. As soon as it finished, it started downloading again from the beginning while Steam still says it uses 15gb...

Steam allocates the space right before it starts downloading to make sure you have enough space. It then fills that space with the actual game data. As to why it started over, I have no idea, though are you sure it wasn't just downloading an update?

JaseC

It's probably sitting in the downloading folder. If you cancel the download and move that data into steamapps\common\CastlevaniaLoS, Steam should skip whatever it didn't overwrite... assuming it didn't overwrite everything.

So. I cancelled the download, then moved the Game from the downloading folder into common/CastlevaniaLoS and...

... it still shows 270MB/14.5 GB. It has a lot of Data00.dat, Data01.dat though.

The folders look like that:

MqT48gF.jpg

and the bik-folder:

Kc0uU73.jpg

Gbraga

I may be late, but Singularity is pretty good, get it.

EDIT: And Red Seeds Profile PC edition is day one for sure, can't wait!

JaseC

So. I cancelled the download, then moved the Game from the downloading folder into common/CastlevaniaLoS and...

... it still shows 270MB/14.5 GB. It has a lot of Data00.dat, Data01.dat though.

The folders look like that:

MqT48gF.jpg

and the bik-folder:

Kc0uU73.jpg

To be clear, you cancelled the download, moved the data into steamapps\common\CastlevaniaLOS and then re-installed the game, but Steam still insists on redownloading just about everything?

Tak3n

Banned
Be careful in there Duke. One of the Splinter Cell guys came over here and was yelling at me because I said the game didn't look very good. He ended up making himself looking very silly in the end, but still strange behavior.

Good to see you back! Let us know what you think of Blacklist!

I think you are right. I just want it to do well so Konami brings more games over to the platform.

Metal Gear Solid V? Yes please.

do you not think Splinter cell looks good? you are on DX11 I presume, I was impressed with how it looked....

however they nailed the gameplay spot on

JaseC

So seems Steam reset my categories, and now I have none...what's up with that?

It happens from time to time because Steam is dumb. Here's some advice:

For future reference, custom categories are saved in userdata\[account id]\7\remote\sharedconfig.vdf, so be sure to back up this file once you've re-organised your library.
If you also have non-Steam shortcuts, they're stored in userdata\[account id]\config\shortcuts.vdf.

Edit: Come to think of it, setting the files to read-only should prevent them from being deleted/overwritten, although you'd need [to] disable the option when making changes.

Valve should add an option that backs up the files to the cloud so users can easily reinstate them.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Seems like a small thing but I get tons of requests for this new Enhanced Steam feature. I'm adding a "per game" price to multipacks. Unfortunately, Valve didn't see fit to specify these differently (code wise) so for now it will only work with the English store.

PnEVfJZ.png

tPAIrQU.png

And for those of you rolling your eyes, I'll set up an option to disable it. :)

The_Monk

Urban Trial Freestyle is available for pre-purchase. It's $11.99 (-20%) until Sept.18th.

I have this game on the PS Vita and I tried this week actually, fellow GAFfer.

I know it's me being picky but I wish games like these would let me have everything unlocked from the Start. I managed to clean some levels but now I need to get back and get better on those levels to get more Stars and therefore unlock further levels. The audio of the game seems pretty weak, to be honest.

(By now it should be obvious that I'm bad at this game, and I'm stuck).

I may be late, but Singularity is pretty good, get it.

Good taste man, I loved that game when I played it. Shame Raven have went COD full time, with Wolfenstein then Singularity I really thought they were working their way up to there to GOTY level game. Of course COD will pay their bills and give them all sorts of other experience so hopefully they do an original game again at some point and we see another big jump, I like their ideas.

Haha btw, Colonial Marines, £3.74 deal of the day....should I do this to myself?

wilflare

Hey, it's too early to make me laugh like that.

So I'll choose to cry instead.

Why are you ashamed of that? F.E.A.R. 2 is an excellent game. It's so good that it even melted my previous video card.

just realized I need to get FEAR2 and F3AR (FEAR3) then hah

One thing that really annoys me about Steam- there's a page full of games (e.g. the current Greenlight sale), you browse through it, click on a game that interests you, go back and the list is completely rearranged. The swines.

Volotaire

Seems like a small thing but I get tons of requests for this new Enhanced Steam feature. I'm adding a "per game" price to multipacks. Unfortunately, Valve didn't see fit to specify these differently (code wise) so for now it will only work with the English store.

PnEVfJZ.png

tPAIrQU.png

And for those of you rolling your eyes, I'll set up an option to disable it. :)

No rolling eyes, I'm just in awe by your ability. Keep it up!

nexen

One thing that really annoys me about Steam- there's a page full of games (e.g. the current Greenlight sale), you browse through it, click on a game that interests you, go back and the list is completely rearranged. The swines.

Use enhanced steam and open new tab when you want to look at a game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I like it. Keeps me from always opening the calculator and dividing everything by 4.

Yeah it's kinda handy when trying to decide how much a difference the price is vs the non-4 pack price.

For example with Payday 2, it's easy to see that it's $29.99 by itself or $22.50 if you can buy it in a 4 pack with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom