• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Bought Papers, please and La Mulana. Don't think there's anything else in the greenlit sale group that is a "must buy".

Really close to buying Prison Architect again. I passed on it during the summer sale but so tempting...

Bought Papers, please and La Mulana. Don't think there's anything else in the greenlit sale group that is a "must buy".

Really close to buying Prison Architect again. I passed on it during the summer sale but so tempting...

So just played 3 hours of La Mulana. Hmm.

hlhbk

Is this a joke? In the past you've claimed that your friend had his account locked for using a VPN for this very purpose even though there exactly zero known cases of this happening to anybody else.

I did have someone get banned. I am trying to gague if anyone else has.

Fireblend

Banned
I did have someone get banned. I am trying to gague if anyone else has.

If you're sure someone's been banned because of this, regardless of what people are telling you, why even risk it then? Either you get to play a game 7 days earlier, or lose all your games and you can't play them again.

HMMM I WONDER WHAT'S THE BEST RATIONAL CHOICE HERE.

Li Kao

Uh, as I missed the Humble Deep Silver bundle I'm really tempted to go with the amazon offer on Saint's Row 2-3. Already bought 2 as it's dirt cheap but I have a question about the third : I already have SR3 on Steam, will I be able to add the full package sold by amazon on Steam or will there be an error as I already have the base game ? Two entries for the same game maybe ?

Well anyway this is a stunt that I fear I won't really be able to perform, the game cost 7.49 and my disposable income for the month is 5.6 before the bank calls for my head.
Mmh...

Addnan

Uh, as I missed the Humble Deep Silver bundle I'm really tempted to go with the amazon offer on Saint's Row 2-3. Already bought 2 as it's dirt cheap but I have a question about the third : I already have SR3 on Steam, will I be able to add the full package sold by amazon on Steam or will there be an error as I already have the base game ? Two entries for the same game maybe ?

Well anyway this is a stunt that I fear I won't really be able to perform, the game cost 7.49 and my disposable income for the month is 5.6 before the bank calls for my head.
Mmh...

You can add it, will just add the DLC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You can add it, will just add the DLC.

Yeah, as long as the key you want to redeem is tied to sub that includes content you don't already have, then it'll activate.

For instance, I bought The Testament of Sherlock Holmes on Steam, which contains:
Code:
205650	Game	The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

And I also redeemed a retail key. This worked because the retail sub included another "game":
Code:
205650	Game	The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
205669	Game	The Testament of Sherlock Holmes Pre-Order

JaseC

Has anybody else here bought 7 Gates? Amazon is insisting that it's a Steam game, despite the fact I didn't get a key, just a direct download. My order has been refunded, but I was encouraged to re-purchase to see if I get lucky the second time around... which I don't want to do, because the game isn't in the registry as far as I can tell so I firmly believe it's mislabelled.

Li Kao

It's not often we see someone essentially brag about their severe addiction.

What are you referring to ? I'm sorry but if my English is not bad, humor/sarcasm/figures of speech can fly over my head sometimes. If the severely addicted is me, I would argue that these last three months it's shit that has been severely addicted to me.
Now like always in this type of internet misunderstanding, you were alluding to something else entirely and I just made a fool of myself. I'm accustomed, no worries.

Anyways, thanks guys for the infos, I now know I can safely buy The full package. Now, can I safely buy it ? That's a question I will have to answer by myself.

JaseC

What are you referring to ? I'm sorry but if my English is not bad, humor/sarcasm/figures of speech can fly over my head sometimes. If the severely addicted is me, I would argue that these last three months it's shit that has been severely addicted to me.
Now like always in this type of internet misunderstanding, you were alluding to something else entirely and I just made a fool of myself. I'm accustomed, no worries.

He's referring to my post.

Li Kao

Singularity for 7,49$ - yay or nay?

Im a member now! :D

Is yaynay an acceptable answer ?
Singularity is a very nice game while it last, it doesn't really innovate and can be a little to derivative from time to time, but overall I had a really good time with it.
Problem ? You forget about it as soon as you finish it, it really isn't a lasting experience.

For the price if you crave for a good but not stellar fps, yay sure, why not. But it is just that, a nice B-game.

Is yaynay an acceptable answer ?
Singularity is a very nice game while it last, it doesn't really innovate and can be a little to derivative from time to time, but overall I had a really good time with it.
Problem ? You forget about it as soon as you finish it, it really isn't a lasting experience.

For the price if you crave for a good but not stellar fps, yay sure, why not. But it is just that, a nice B-game.

I wanted to write something about Singularity, but it's basically this. $7.49 is an okay price for it since it's Acti, but don't expect something mindblowing.

JaseC

If you're sure someone's been banned because of this, regardless of what people are telling you, why even risk it then? Either you get to play a game 7 days earlier, or lose all your games and you can't play them again.

HMMM I WONDER WHAT'S THE BEST RATIONAL CHOICE HERE.

Actually, in a move that erased one of the bigger issues just about everyone had with Steam, Valve stopped outright banning/locking out accounts in early 2012 and now imposes restrictions on certain features, meaning even if you've done the most dastardly of deeds and Valve catches on, you'll still be able to access your existing library.

I agree with your point, though, especially since he sung a very different tune back when Tomb Raider released.

Final Fantasy VII is $6.24 / 6.96€ @ GMG

with code GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB.

Not the biggest discount (47%) , but I guess it would be enough for a few people. It's a Steam key.

Discount code is supposed to run out in 45 minutes, but there will probably be another one afterwards.

Thanks, I've been waiting for this to go on sale.

Grief.exe

Actually, in a move that erased one of the bigger issues just about everyone had with Steam, Valve stopped outright banning/locking out accounts in early 2012 and now imposes restrictions on certain features, meaning even if you've done the most dastardly of deeds and Valve catches on, you'll still be able to access your existing library.

I agree with your point, though, especially since he sung a very different tune back when Tomb Raider released.

The caps lock was used quite liberally in that post.

JaseC

Would have much preferred this to the Uplay Splinter Cell code I got with my new card. Hopefully there will be a similar amount of cheap codes out there.

Yeah, I paid somewhere around $30 for an Arkham City key thanks to Nvidia's promotion so I'm hoping for the same with Origins... mind you, I'm eyeing a Steam pre-purchase as I don't think I trust WB to release the pre-purchase DLC separately.

I bought my first game with card money, La Mulana.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom