• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut's store page is live. With System Requirements and a perfect release date (31 October).

Thanks for posting fellow GAFfer, here's a happy and mesmerizing Deadly Premonition music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OUP_Z3iZPs

Get your Coffee Mug ready my good people!

tdlskukl.png

chronomac

I can't get to Giana Sisters to run. When I bring up the launcher I get this error:

EtZGdbb.png

So I did some research and someone on their forum mentioned re-downloading and installing the Visual C++ Redistributable Package, but when I do that I get this error:

xzFGA2o.png

I also tried installing DirectX again but it keeps telling me I have the latest version.

Any suggestions?

chronomac

I played the Rayman Legends demo last night and I have no idea how a game that pretty runs so smoothly on my laptop. Granted, i have a Core i5 with 8 GBs of RAM, but only onboard graphics. It seems like magic. Buying that game pretty soon.

r3n4ud

I can't get to Giana Sisters to run. When I bring up the launcher I get this error:

EtZGdbb.png

So I did some research and someone on their forum mentioned re-downloading and installing the Visual C++ Redistributable Package, but when I do that I get this error:

xzFGA2o.png

I also tried installing DirectX again but it keeps telling me I have the latest version.

Any suggestions?

Hmm. Did you try to verify integrity of game cache?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut's store page is live. With System Requirements and a perfect release date (31 October).

Edit: According to Rising Star, pre-order will go up closer to launch.
I'll be playing this one as soon as I buy it so it may be a day 1 purchase for me depending on the price.

Omega

Banned
2) "Everything I love about the shows and comic books is here." The developers really pushed this: this game was made for the 30-something Turtles fan. Except, in reality, it's not. Despite having completely different (and sometimes creepy) graphics, all of the characters are exactly the same as they are in the brand new Nickelodeon show. And as if to add insult to injury, they didn't even get the same voice actors from the new show. There isn't much here for the 30-something TMNT fan, especially if you haven't watched the new show.

I was hoping the game would be good, but I knew the developers were bullshitting about everything and that this game wasn't made for the 25+ TMNT fan.

I forgot what video I watched, but they were asked if the game would have Rocksteady and Bebop and they said no, because they weren't on the Nickelodeon show.

Game made for adults based off kids show? Yeah...

Momentary

Banned
I wish Atlus could convince some of their developers to make PC ports of their games. I just looked at the five games that are on Steam and Rock of Ages and Droplitz are the best they have to offer. That Persona fighting game sure does looks nice... isn't that running on PC hardware?

No but only because I don't know how to do that. I did reinstall the game twice though. I thought that, perhaps, the game didn't download correctly. No dice there.

Right click on the game -> properties -> and it's on the third tab

I wish Atlus could convince some of their developers to make PC ports of their games. I just looked at the five games that are on Steam and Rock of Ages and Droplitz are the best they have to offer. That Persona fighting games sure does looks nice... isn't that running on PC hardware?

Was just thinking the same. More Japanese games would be cool.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How about Warcraft 3? Or is blizzard against Steam?

Blizzard has Battle.net. The service launched way back in '96, alongside the release of the original Diablo, so I can forgive the exclusivity compared to EA abandoning Steam in favour of pushing Origin.

I don't think I ever bought the full game, but I have fond memories of playing the demo for this and slicing up other dudes online with bladed staves.

I prefer it to the original -- going from a fantasy FPS to a third-person action-adventure game was the right call to make, I think.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Blizzard has Battle.net. The service launched way back in '96, alongside the release of the original Diablo, so I can forgive the exclusivity compared to EA abandoning Steam in favour of pushing Origin.

Also, Blizzard has like 4 games. And Battle.net only sells Blizzard games and expansions.

It's a very focused service. Origin, on the other hand, is just EA getting greedy and wanting a bigger piece of the pie.

nexen

I forgive nothing. I want Diablo 2 on steam.

Chronoja

Also, Blizzard has like 4 games. And Battle.net only sells Blizzard games and expansions.

It's a very focused service. Origin, on the other hand, is just EA getting greedy and wanting a bigger piece of the pie.

It's also such a waste of potential. Think that Warcraft 1 and 2, (and I think Diablo and Starcraft 1) have no digital release anywhere, and it's not like blizzards library of games is so extensive that they couldn't throw it up there. Such a shame really.

So I'm not going to install Legends even though I pre-ordered it now, too many other games to play in the coming weeks and maybe they'll do away with it so I can savor it near the holidays or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom