• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
If I sent a giveaway for ModBot to post 20 minutes ago and haven't seen it posted yet, I'm assuming I did something wrong?

Cth

Seeing this many people getting Dead Space makes me really happy. It's my absolute favorite game of all time, and I hope you guys enjoy it.

I hope my motion sickness doesn't kick in.

I can't remember if it did on the 360 version or if I'm thinking about the Wii on the rails Extraction (?) game.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Space -- MB-AD916CCC290C0378 - Taken by kevin1025

If I sent a giveaway for ModBot to post 20 minutes ago and haven't seen it posted yet, I'm assuming I did something wrong?

Was it anonymous? Otherwise you need to post it yourself.

Sorry for stating the obvious, but I'm slightly drunk.

EDIT: Oh, so you're giving away Dead Space, eh?

Nabs

header.jpg

August 16th - http://store.steampowered.com/app/239570/

yoshizzle

Origin Keys

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Origin keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ORIGIN Medal of Honor -- MB-79E4F3DAE0169AD7 - Taken by Mugatu
ORIGIN Mirror's Edge -- MB-46D3F841B912AFFB
ORIGIN Burnout Paradise -- MB-30AAE9BC9E4F57A5 - Taken by kutthoat5150
ORIGIN Dead Space -- MB-A772D6EB1D80254E

Mugatu

Damn, still can't redeem codes on Origin. At least now they had a pop-up saying their engineers are on it so hopefully soon.

No, that's not me.

'Twas anonymous.

Well, I like to think I still did my good deed.

Speaking of which, anyone interested in an Origin code from the Humble Bundle? I have Burnout Paradise, Crysis 2, Medal of Honor and Mirror's Edge to give away. I'm skipping ModBot on this one, the first to send me a PM with the game of his choosing gets one. The rest I'm saving for a later date.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Seeing this many people getting Dead Space makes me really happy. It's my absolute favorite game of all time, and I hope you guys enjoy it.
Yeah, it's a great game. I still need to play DS2, I think I might soon now that I got 3.

A tip to those who are going to play DS, make sure to turn off the in-game vsync and force it through D3DOverrider for 60fps, as the in-game option defaults it to 30fps when it's on.

(I know most people know about this but it was the first game where I had to do this and it brought back memories, haha)

Satazius giveaway, it is a pretty cool game. You get it for free from the Groupees Doujin Bundle if you have bought anything, I already owned it though.

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Satazius -- MB-B8FE43D6952FEF3F - Taken by jtb

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Something about your PM choked the system, presumably a character encoding issue. Give me a second.

Edit: Solved. Not your fault at all. It was a weird rule combo thing between two of your rules.

fantomena

Lol, I was sparing money for the Xbone to get this year and since it won't release here in Norway before in 2014 I have tons of money to use. Thnkining about pre-ordering Blacklist, Castlevania and KOF. There is no way I pre-order Sains Row IV due to it's fast price drop and quick sales it will probably get.

Caerith

But I also think that even without having the "can any company truly be charitable" conversation, I think it's fair to say that EA also used their good deeds as a smokescreen to cover up for their crap, in a really disingenuous way, and that much of the goodwill they have on this issue has come from basically tooting their own horn.
Last week I got an email from EA about some SW:TOR update (I beta'd) where the subject line was "Evil corporation or brilliant enterprise?" If only all questions in life were this easy.

Something about your PM choked the system, presumably a character encoding issue. Give me a second.

I like to think that your continuing effort in improving ModBot will one day be the catalyst that creates a docile race or robotic servants that obey their human overlords' every whim.

Until the bloody purge begins.

You're the best, Stump.

kevin1025

Banned
Thank you for thoughtfully providing, anonymous benefactor!

Man, so many giveaways today!

Also, does anyone know if there's going to be a Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition special edition? Which is a long-handed way of asking, will there be a version with the base game and the DLC together in a bundle? Or will they be separate for the time being?

jediyoshi

There is no way I pre-order Sains Row IV due to it's fast price drop and quick sales it will probably get.

What's the percentage you're looking for? It was a couple months out for SR3 before it hit preorder sale numbers. All the THQ-armageddon might be clouding your memory of its actual price history.

maneil99

Lol, I was sparing money for the Xbone to get this year and since it won't release here in Norway before in 2014 I have tons of money to use. Thnkining about pre-ordering Blacklist, Castlevania and KOF. There is no way I pre-order Sains Row IV due to it's fast price drop and quick sales it will probably get.
Buy blacklist off trade sites for 10$ if your not fussy about uplay keys. You can save a few bucks on the others aswell.

Ok, I need to switch controller for my extreme run attempt of DuckTales, So what free software do people use these days to map keyboard to a controller?

oipic

Gosh, I go to bed last night on page 400 of the last thread, and bang, the new one is 20-odd pages in already? Admittedly, the Origin bundle was an oddity to wake up to as well...

Great work again, Grief, by the way - thanks as always!

To you too, Kifimbo, for all your work on the release schedules - may they neatly slot into post no. 2 in all Steam threads to come.

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-C61267E99451FC60 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN

Did I do this right?

EDIT: Guess I did! Woo!

Prophane33

Who would have thought that we'd be giving out a ton of EA (heck, ORIGIN!?) keys a day or two ago? Extremely surprising bundle. I grabbed it to try out the Dead Space games. Owning Crysis 2 (I've never played any) didn't hurt either.

Joe Molotov

Who would have thought that we'd be giving out a ton of EA (heck, ORIGIN!?) keys a day or two ago? Extremely surprising bundle. I grabbed it to try out the Dead Space games. Owning Crysis 2 (I've never played any) didn't hurt either.

Well, it's not the first time EA has given away a bunch of
almost
free games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom