• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I'm imagining it and all I'm thinking is that I don't want to play a shitty game like Enslaved.

I played a bit of it, it seemed average but wrapped in a great looking package, story and characters actually seemed great. For a proper late-port price? gimme

edit: same way I felt about Castlevania LOS' port

Grief.exe

I'm awful at photoshop but you guys might get a giggle out of this.

9510884981_837a3404d3_o.gif

iXbleodcXfzOK.gif

so, little bit of brutal honesty here: I think Betrayer looks like shit

im seeing screens through my activity feed and..

59A2D62B4BBC7A9F59849652B30191AE85235827

ew

this kind of thing would look a hell of a lot better if the saturation wasnt turned up to 11

Its something that has to be played.

Your eyes take some time getting used to the art style. Once they are used to the aesthetic, it really lends itself to the atmosphere.

With that said, I am sure there is some tweaking to be done.

Enslaved is a shit tier game, same with Heavenly Sword.
DmC is a step above that I guess - but that is not saying much.

Edit: That said, for people who like that game the PC version would probably be ideal considering the console versions had "I the developer do not give a fuck about the framerate" framerates.

Razorskin

----- ------
iXbleodcXfzOK.gif

Its something that has to be played.

Your eyes take some time getting used to the art style. Once they are used to the aesthetic, it really lends itself to the atmosphere.

With that said, I am sure there is some tweaking to be done.

You still going to make a video?

30 minutes into Thief 2:
- Controls are great, for some reason I was expecting them to be more convoluted but maybe that's just a console thing with old games and weird controls
- Visuals are not as off-putting as I expected. Although I'm definitely going to try the NewDark mod. And definitely going to pick up SS2 in the next Sale
- Thief obviously came first, but I'm getting that Hitman vibe: large open semi-sandbox levels, multiple routes, etc.
- Great stealth mechanics, the various arrows provide tons of potential options, almost puzzle-esque

Now just to clarify, in the Running Interference tutorial mission, I'm supposed to go back to Basso or is there a balcony or something where I can whistle to him?

Anyway, a great impulse buy for $1.74. Now I can be a proper stealth fan and finally say I've played Thief!

Prophane33

Enslaved on Steam would be what finally makes me care about that game. While I was a bit dismissive of it, I'd heard good things from those that actually played it.

Edit: Can't wait to finish getting these last cards so I can give the new CSGO update a try.

Phinor

Space Hulk tomorrow! It must have sold at least ten copies so far at that price. Anyway, you can get it for less than half-price using keys if you dare attempt that weird business.

Betrayer sounds interesting after reading the eurogamer article but that art style seems to divide opinion. Might have to give it a shot.

Gbraga

Enslaved on Steam would be what finally makes me care about that game. While I was a bit dismissive of it, I'd heard good things from those that actually played it. Edit: can't wait to finish getting these last cards so I can give the new CSGO update a try.

It's a very casual game, it is pretty, has good characters and a nice story. Don't expect anything close to hardcore in that game. It's very enjoyable for what it is.

Think Uncharted but focused on platforming and melee instead of shooting, and not nearly as refined.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
30 minutes into Thief 2:
- Controls are great, for some reason I was expecting them to be more convoluted but maybe that's just a console thing with old games and weird controls
- Visuals are not as off-putting as I expected. Although I'm definitely going to try the NewDark mod. And definitely going to pick up SS2 in the next Sale
- Thief obviously came first, but I'm getting that Hitman vibe: large open semi-sandbox levels, multiple routes, etc.
- Great stealth mechanics, the various arrows provide tons of potential options, almost puzzle-esque

Now just to clarify, in the Running Interference tutorial mission, I'm supposed to go back to Basso or is there a balcony or something where I can whistle to him?

Anyway, a great impulse buy for $1.74. Now I can be a proper stealth fan and finally say I've played Thief!
Are you playing it without any mod at all? How does it run on Windows 7? I'm interested in the game, but I'm scared it won't run well.

Space Hulk tomorrow! It must have sold at least ten copies so far at that price. Anyway, you can get it for less than half-price using keys if you dare attempt that weird business.

I'm not certain about Space Hulk, I want to get it because it's 40k and all ( especially if the trading cards give little Terminator emoticons etc) but I haven't found any videos that justify the price.

The keys route might be a good idea though as you say. I've got Worms tomorrow too.

Miker

I don't get the Enslaved hate, at least not on PC. It's a mechanically dull, but visually pretty game that had its flaws exacerbated due to being on console. I'd say it's a little worse than, say, Uncharted 1. I enjoyed my time with it for what I paid, and I'd easily recommend a PC port at around $10 on sale.

Are you playing it without any mod at all? How does it run on Windows 7? I'm interested in the game, but I'm scared it won't run well.
No mods at all, and runs great. Granted, I'm still on the first mission and who know, maybe the larger areas could cause issues, but I doubt it. So far, no lag, no slow-to-load textures, no noticeable problems

I don't get the Enslaved hate, at least not on PC. It's a mechanically dull, but visually pretty game that had its flaws exacerbated due to being on console. I'd say it's a little worse than, say, Uncharted 1. I enjoyed my time with it for what I paid, and I'd easily recommend a PC port at around $10 on sale.

Different strokes, I don't get it either though, I thought it was an outlandish game with cool characters and great environments. It felt very bleak despite being bright and colorful. Will buy on Steam for sure.

No mods at all, and runs great. Granted, I'm still on the first mission and who know, maybe the larger areas could cause issues, but I doubt it. So far, no lag, no slow-to-load textures, no noticeable problems

Are the cutscenes playing for you? I know from experience that there are issues with the first game's cutscenes.

Miker

Different strokes, I don't get it either though, I thought it was an outlandish game with cool characters and great environments. It felt very bleak despite being bright and colorful. Will buy on Steam for sure.

Yeah, I think it's a great looking game, and will definitely shine on PC hardware. Here's a nice screenshot of it once freed from console constraints:

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So... there's something called Enslaved in the Steam registry. Just sayin'.

I don't know if it's the Namco game, but they definitely like that Steam money.

Excellent, it's a great game (and at times a beautiful one!) and by far the most egregious flaw is performance.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks. It's not as flexible as I'd like it to be but I don't want to use any APIs external to Steam for obvious dependency reasons

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I liked what I played of Enslaved, and I approve of the use of color as well. Looking forward to playing it in full on PC.

Salsa

just watched some enslaved console footage and the IQ reminded me of that last of us screenshot

consolegraphicslolvoaah.png

thank fuck these machines are done

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Excellent, it's a great game (and at times a beautiful one!) and by far the most egregious flaw is performance.

I would say that combat is a close second and it's sad because I really liked it but the combat is a very important part of the game!

Have Origin keys for

Dead Space
Mirrors Edge
Burnout Paradise Ultimate
Medal of Honor
Crysis 2

Quote and say which one you want. Limit 1 per person for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom