• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

Working on a big update to the calendar. Meanwhile, here are the games of the week. Slow week, but four games with a lot of potential:

Franchise Hockey Manager also releases this week, tomorrow to be exact. It's a very niche release and something even hardcore hockey fans probably don't know about but few of us have been waiting for years for something to replace Eastside Hockey Manager 07.

That being said, unless they have a miracle day 1 patch, the version of the game they release tomorrow won't be a great product. There's a lot of promise but also a long way to go to fix all the bugs and so on. If everything was implemented properly, it'd be the most important release of the year for me. It still might be but only in hindsight few years from now.

RS4-

Franchise Hockey Manager also releases this week, tomorrow to be exact. It's a very niche release and something even hardcore hockey fans probably don't know about but few of us have been waiting for years for something to replace Eastside Hockey Manager 07.

That being said, unless they have a miracle day 1 patch, the version of the game they release tomorrow won't be a great product. There's a lot of promise but also a long way to go to fix all the bugs and so on. If everything was implemented properly, it'd be the most important release of the year for me. It still might be but only in hindsight few years from now.

Hm, going to give FHM a shot and sucks that the Luftrauser's keys went out so quickly, which is understandable.

So... is the game good?
Honestly, you don't buy Ride to Hell and expect a good game out of it. You're a dumbbell if you buy it for that reason. I bought it at full price day one and expected it to be crap. And it totally was. So in some ways I got my money's worth.

It's not a game I could, with good conscience. recommend to anyone. But it's the kind of game that tries to do go outside the boundaries of what the budget and the teams competence obviously allows. They try to bite off more than they can chew and the end result is obviously a train wreck.

But while that in most people's eyes probably isn't a positive thing, that something I like about it. I like the fact that a game like this actually exist, it's kind of fascinating that somebody thought this would be a good idea. It's a essentially a softcore brawler with crappy third person shooter elements mixed into it. To enjoy it you have to be bit of a masochistic and a lover of low budget crap. I'm a bit of both and somewhat I enjoyed what I played of it. It's broken mess, there's no denial about that, but the fact that this kind of game exist, that's why I bought it and that's what I wanted to support.

if they are all like LOTR you'll be fine i think its offline co op only though

Thanks for the reply. I really need an auto correcter for my spelling, I'm surprised you could read that with all those mistakes added up. Offline is no bother, I'm happy with the same experience (better res and framerate of course). Just checking they don't churn them out broken or with miserable drm or anything. It's a difference of a third of the price over here (£29 vs £18) so its worth it if I can convince her. She wants the minifigure though - fml.

Zihark

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga -- MB-1F200F8034007345 - Taken by BorntoPlay
Fable: The Lost Chapters -- MB-63F704C13BB973BC - Taken by PriitV

Goddaum anyone else unrealistically hyped at Deadly Premonition DC? I even went to see today if it had it's price announced just so I could preorder it.

Jawmuncher

So what avenue should I take for grabbing Resident Evil Revelations at the cheapest price?
I missed the sale and I know there won't be another one for me to wait on before I leave. So I can't wait on the winter sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So what avenue should I take for grabbing Resident Evil Revelations at the cheapest price?
I missed the sale and I know there won't be another one for me to wait on before I leave. So I can't wait on the winter sale.

It's the one recent Capcom game that lacks any form of region locking, so you can hit up traders for a copy.

Nillansan

Goddaum anyone else unrealistically hyped at Deadly Premonition DC? I even went to see today if it had it's price announced just so I could preorder it.

I am ready to place my pre-order as soon as the pre-purchase option goes live. I am so excited to see it release for PC, totally unexpected.

Grief.exe

Here is where he talks about Rekoil and Takedown. He was literally jumping out of his chair with excitement about Project Takedown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiglWza5WtQ&t=03m31s

Here is a Wolfenstein: New Order video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhpHkQqgHcA&feature

I wonder if it is going to be completely linear, or if they are going to take inspiration from Escape from Butcher Bay. I know they would have missed a real opportunity if you couldn't explore the hospital and meet the staff for example.
From both a gameplay standpoint and a story standpoint, since it will be more impactful when they inevitably die if you know more about them.

Uiki

Takedown is based on old Rainbow Six games.
Rekoil is the one that's based on COD 4 pro-mod.

I saw a video about red sabre like a million years ago.

What's the main focus, coop? I don't know if I want to play that kind of game against ai anymore.

JaseC

ohhh yes any movie directed by Joe Wright is amazing.... I've loved all his movies...really hope Saoirse works with him again....

Wright was courting her for the role of Kitty in Anna Karenina, but she ultimately declined as it was a rather small part. He's now working on a live-action adaptation of The Little Mermaid (the fairytale, not the Disney movie :p) so I imagine he'll be hitting her up for that, although considering Hanna, I'd like to see her (and Wright) do another action film one day.

liezryou

I don't know how to search steam games in team fortress 2 trading post

Was this the page or I has to use other one?

Click on the dropdown menu at the bottom when using the search function, it should have steam inventory as one of the options. Then type in the game you are looking for and put it on the left side of the trade and hit search.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Considering his post history, I don't think that his presence here comes off as being genuine. Other posters have kindly told him to take his peddling elsewhere, yet he has ignored these complaints and taken every little opportunity to promote his operation.

This is not the trade thread.
Dude, cut him some slack. He hasn't done that anymore, so I don't see why we should treat him any different than other posters.

If he goes back to promote his sales then sure, you can ask everyone to frag the hell out of him in a Q3 deathmatch. But right now he's behaving well, so your comment was uncalled for.

JaseC

Dude, cut him some slack. He hasn't done that anymore, so I don't see why we should treat him any different than other posters.

If he goes back to promote his sales then sure, you can ask everyone to frag the hell out of him in a Q3 deathmatch. But right now he's behaving well, so your comment was uncalled for.

Quake 3 is so 1999. It's all about ShootMania now. :p

sibarraz

Banned
thanks everybody!

I was expecting lower prices for the games, Is actually more convenient for me to but the game on the store that with keys

JaseC

Anyone knows how to see which games are regionlocked and which arent?

Thanks.
There are three methods of region-locking available to publishers on Steam:

- Restricting games to run only in certain countries. You can check if a game has this limitation by looking in the registry and seeing if the package has the onlyallowrunincountries string. Here's Lost Planet 3 RU, for example.
- Restricting gifting to users in certain countries (or disabling the option completely). You can check if a game has this limitation by visiting the store of another region using the CC trick (http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=xx, where xx is your desired store's country code) and adding the item to your cart.
- Distinct app ids for different regions, which means that DLC purchased outside of the nominated territories would be incompatible. Again, this is something you can check in the registry: here's Dishonored ROW and Dishonored RU, for example (note the distinct ids for the Dishonored app).

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Once again, I'll reiterate that Rayman Origins is damn-near perfect, and I'd say it's well worth snapping up even at its current base price of $20. I give it 4/4 Saoirse gifs.
Another fan, yay! :)

It's my favorite 2D platformer of all-time, right next to Yoshi's Island.
Currently playing Legends and that's probably going to come between those two. They tuned the difficulty down a bit (atleast for now) but I don't really mind. It's just so much damn fun!
There's so much stuff to see and do, and a new unlockable is around every corner. Character's, skins, invasions, remixed Origin levels, creatures, music levels, rescue levels, murray levels (Still haven't got a solid opinnion about those, yet. They're fun, though!) or daily/weekly/whateverey challenge's are around every corner. And there are one heck of a lot of corners.

I miss the time-challenge's, though. But that's the weird thing about Legends. There's more to collect, but it feels like less. The levels are longer, but end faster. It's a bit slower-paced, but feels faster.

It's quite different.
Fun though!

Grief.exe

There are three methods of region-locking available to publishers on Steam:

- Restricting games to run only in certain countries. You can check if a game has this limitation by looking in the registry and seeing if the package has the onlyallowrunincountries string. Here's Lost Planet 3 RU, for example.
- Restricting gifting to users in certain countries (or disabling the option completely). You can check if a game has this limitation by visiting the store of another region using the CC trick (http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=xx, where xx is your desired store's country code) and adding the item to your cart.
- Distinct app ids for different regions, which means that DLC purchased outside of the nominated territories would be incompatible. Again, this is something you can check in the registry: here's Dishonored ROW and Dishonored RU, for example (note the distinct ids for the Dishonored app).

Bookmarked.

Thanks. Isnt there some website wich lists them though? Would be more convenient :D

JShack might throw something in Enhanced Steam eventually. Seems like the perfect feature for the service.

Giard

I pre-ordered the game a while back. Can't wait to start an online league with friends.

Nillansan

Rionaa dude <3 he did it yesterday.

fokkusu

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Mirror's Edge -- MB-516F3688FF44779D

header_292x136.jpg

Dead Space -- MB-D6D82050ACF3627B - Taken by Tesseract

JaseC

Thanks. Isnt there some website wich lists them though? Would be more convenient :D

Not to my knowledge. I'd say such a repository would be a massive manual task as you would need to go through the registry with a fine-tooth comb to ensure there are no mistakes (it doesn't help that entries marked as DevComp no longer publicly broadcast the actual name), plus games would have to be manually added to your cart to determine whether or not they're giftable as this isn't something you can glean from registry listings.

Another fan, yay! :)

It's my favorite 2D platformer of all-time, right next to Yoshi's Island.
Currently playing Legends and that's probably going to come between those two. They tuned the difficulty down a bit (atleast for now) but I don't really mind. It's just so much damn fun!
There's so much stuff to see and do, and a new unlockable is around every corner. Character's, skins, invasions, remixed Origin levels, creatures, music levels, rescue levels, murray levels (Still haven't got a solid opinnion about those, yet. They're fun, though!) or daily/weekly/whateverey challenge's are around every corner. And there are one heck of a lot of corners.

I miss the time-challenge's, though. But that's the weird thing about Legends. There's more to collect, but it feels like less. The levels are longer, but end faster. It's a bit slower-paced, but feels faster.

It's quite different.
Fun though!

Thanks for the impressions. Even if I don't enjoy Legends as much as I did Origins, at least I paid only ~$16 for it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom