• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Weird that the only times I ever wished my brainstem were severed was when I played Battlefield games.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just completed To The Moon.

PySao4h.gif

lol I love this gif

tho it makes me sadder now that miyazaki's retiring T_T

why not just play CoD?

doesn't get more mindless than that

I would, but I don't have any of them at the moment, and given the absurd pricing of even the older titles I'm having a hard time justifying purchasing one when I could just spend $20 more on Ghosts in two months.

Crysis 2 campaign.

Finished it.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Mindless in the best possible way.

Played through this more times than I can remember. Thanks for the suggestion though.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I would, but I don't have any of them at the moment, and given the absurd pricing of even the older titles I'm having a hard time justifying purchasing one when I could just spend $20 more on Ghosts in two months.

Finished it.

Played through this more times than I can remember. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Quake Live.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Dust has been leveling up recently, and now he can perform some amazing combos and shit. This game has an ever better gameplay than I thought at first, it's very fun!

quake takes skills,it is not mindless.
The way I play it, nothing could ever get more mindless.

<3 my Mindless Quake III&#8482;

Mordeccai

GAF help me spend money. I am trying to decide between Game Dev Tycoon and Skulls of the Shogun.

Two years ago I got Game Dev Story on my android phone and that game was pretty damn amazing. Spent a good 15 hours on it probably, enjoyed every minute. GDT looks like an overall improvement.

However I do like RTS games and have never heard of Skulls before. Somebody pry these monies from my wallet with their wisdom.

Crayons

Banned
GAF help me spend money. I am trying to decide between Game Dev Tycoon and Skulls of the Shogun.

Two years ago I got Game Dev Story on my android phone and that game was pretty damn amazing. Spent a good 15 hours on it probably, enjoyed every minute. GDT looks like an overall improvement.

However I do like RTS games and have never heard of Skulls before. Somebody pry these monies from my wallet with their wisdom.

Skulls of the Shogun is 50% off, Game Dev Tycoon isn't.

jediyoshi

I finally make it to a gearbox pax panel and their free thing I get is bugged ]:
y randy

Is the animation still looks wonky like TWD?

Question to anyone who knows, will the game story be enjoyable for someone who bored of these adult "fairy tales"??
It's pretty generally higher quality. Still obviously keyframe animations and everything, but it holds up much better to close up shots and there weren't any weird transitions between different animations. They also bumped the texture quality of the character models up a bunch, feels somewhere between twd and darkness 2.

Mordeccai

Skulls of the Shogun is 50% off, Game Dev Tycoon isn't.

This is such a painfully obvious point that I can't believe I didn't notice it.

I think what will decide it is the music. The music for the game tycoon trailer was superb. Whereas the trailers for Skulls were just very loud and obnoxious in general. Not to say that has any bearing on the actual game, but I really really like my video game music.

Any thoughts from people who have played these two on their soundtracks?

Alright my good fellow GAFfers, decided to start fresh (again) on Legend of Grimrock. Wish my luck!

Here's my gang for now:

cxwIO1F.png
jHPJ2B4.png
XY3uCrp.png

If this does not work I'm just going back to Organ Trail (play this game, good people) with a different GAF-Crew.

Have you completed the game before? I got 3 hours in and then lost my save my first run through. I'm 9 hours into my second run which was kind of refreshing knowing better how to spec my party. I am awful at these types of games so I have found it quite difficult. I got distracted and haven't played it in a few months. Hopefully I can motivate myself to continue it. Even without beating it, I definitely will say that this game holds a special place in my heart. There are few things as satisfying as finding a secret and hearing the little chime.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Advance Max is the best unlockable ever.

Edit: I just noticed the MSI settings reset and the framerate counter is visible. Grrr

Edit 2: It's set to not appear and usually doesn't....weird.

The display setting for Afterburner's stats option has always been rather fickle in my experience.

Copons

to the moon is great, some people don't really like the dialogue but I loved it

tons of feels, but it doesn't feel cheap in the slightest

Dialogue is fine, story is fine, and feelings too.

It's just the goddamn guy's writing, that everytime he opens his mouth I want to punch him all over it because he totally destroys the pathos of the scene.

maneil99

Yeah I noticed that at times, it would randomly say I was getting 200 FPS for a few seconds(and I assure you, I was not getting that at the settings I was playing at)
Yup i use evga precision x which is essential the same thing for displaying stuff. I was confused when i saw benchmarks for my card after haha

zkylon

zkylewd
The display setting for Afterburner's stats option has always been rather fickle in my experience.
man roughed up saorise is hard to look at

you know, since the pic is so dark

Tons of feels, indeed.
<3

Dialogue is fine, story is fine, and feelings too.

It's just the goddamn guy's writing, that everytime he opens his mouth I want to punch him all over it because he totally destroys the pathos of the scene.
yeah I can respect that, it's just that I've read a lot of people say the dialogue in general is cringeworthy or whatever and it's not been my appreciation of it all

also half-way through my second playthrough of dishonored and I still can't get it to hook me. I dunno what is it about it, but I should love it and I don't and it weirds me out

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
man roughed up saorise is hard to look at

you know, since the pic is so dark

Yeah, it seemed fine on my laptop earlier but I'm now on my desktop and it's rather dark, haha. I'll fiddle with/change it later.

oipic

X bundle has to happen this week. Has to happen.

Yes, this! Surely?

With such a complex and involved game, surely it would be in Egosoft's best interests to allow ample play-time for new folks to become acquainted before Rebirth is released. Right?

Is there a way to reset any steam organization folders you've created for your game library? Last night I made like 15 sub-categories before realizing steam always shows them at once at launch(instead of keeping them minimized) which is horrible so I'd rather the game library just show all games at once in that case. Really don't want to have to remove them one by one though.

Also: ROME II!

Yes, this! Surely?

With such a complex and involved game, surely it would be in Egosoft's best interests to allow ample play-time for new folks to become acquainted before Rebirth is released. Right?

Could also be counter productive. Having 99.9% of the bundle gamers playing for 2 seconds and giving up on it might not prompt them to invest in the new one.

Probably better that people just go "wow a space game looks amazing" and jump in blind before (hopefully) getting an accessible experience.

oipic

Could also be counter productive. Having 99.9% of the bundle gamers playing for 2 seconds and giving up on it might not prompt them to invest in the new one.

Probably better that people just go "wow a space game looks amazing" and jump in blind before (hopefully) getting an accessible experience.

Very true, I'm more inclined to agree with you, todd...just wishful thinking on my part, I think. The steep learning curve might scare away more than it would attract... so indeed, you're right, particularly with this series more than possibly any other, it might be counter-productive.

... but those registry entries...

Retne

Are they saying they're gonna make Rebirth accesible? I picked up X3:TC ages ago and tried to get into it but it was just way too thick for me to cut all the way into. If Rebirth is actually accessible i might have to pick it up.

I miss space games and would love to sink into the void and just get lost in space but i don't want to have to make it a second job just to get there.

Mordeccai

I am weak GAF. I bought both game dev tycoon and Skulls of the Shogun.

I know I am going to feel remorse when these go for 5 bucks during the winter sale.

Arthea

I am weak GAF. I bought both game dev tycoon and Skulls of the Shogun.

I know I am going to feel remorse when these go for 5 bucks during the winter sale.
don't be so sure! (><)

I'll keep doing my thing and promoting cheap games.
DLC Quest this time. The game is really easy and short, kinda relaxing even, but it is fun, lighthearted parody on gaming. I smiled most of the time. As a game is cheap, you most likely all have it, just play it! You'll spend may be hour of your time, but you will be entertained I promise, it's funny.

coupons are still for grabs if anybody want them (again much later today, I'm at work now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom