• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

Alright my good fellow GAFfers, decided to start fresh (again) on Legend of Grimrock. Wish my luck!

Here's my gang for now:

cxwIO1F.png
jHPJ2B4.png
XY3uCrp.png

If this does not work I'm just going back to Organ Trail (play this game, good people) with a different GAF-Crew.

wait.. they create characters based on your Friend's list? :O

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Also, I watched the Outlast trailer.... nope.gif

I really hope they patch in Occulus Rift support at some point because I would love to use the game to terrify people when the consumer OR finally hits.

I watched the PAX stream of the game on a friend's recommendation last night and while the game does look incredible, I don't think I can handle that kind of fear either.

wilflare

Yes but you need to get the GAF Mod installed fellow GAFfer. It's the only way to have these fine members on the game.

Or, you just select and type the name you want for them :p

doh :p
hahaha thank God you didn't choose me. that character would always be late :p

HoosTrax

Don't hate me, I would take Viva Pinata over Gears and Halo combined. (><)
I've played first Gears game, wasn't impressed, not sure why I've never gotten around to playing any Halo for any significant amount of time (><)
I'm not even embarrassed to say that I really enjoyed Viva Pinata PC (although I feel like it's a bit of a hassle to get the game running these days because it forces a patch over GFWL). Very charming game, and it's got a vaguely Pokemon-ish appeal to it. It probably still looks really lush and eye candyish (literally), even today.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I was reading the Mighty No.9 thread and it got to me that for some reason I was thinking that PSN downloadable-only PS3 titles would be playable on the PS4. It's obvious they won't but I haven't been keeping up and just assumed. I'm rambling but this made me notice that I've been taking future compatibility for granted since I currently only have digital collections on PC and iOS. Don't even want to think about Nintendo and their lack of a proper account system, hopefully they eventually get something working on that front.

I voted for it as soon as it popped up on Greenlight. Very excited to see its potential audience expanded. Any fan of Twin Peaks or appreciator of insane stories/writing in games needs to play DP.
That's what got me interested at first. I'm hoping to enjoy it, it will help that I know what I'm getting into on the technical side too. Still need to hear about the price though, I skimmed that article looking for a dollar sign and the $9.99 threw me for a loop for a millisecond. :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The best thing about Deadly Premonition is that there are 0 missable achievements and none of them are bizarre nonsensical shit. They are all related to main quests and doing 100% of the side quests. I'm totally gonna go for completion.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
That's what got me interested at first. I'm hoping to enjoy it, it will help that I know what I'm getting into on the technical side too. Still need to hear about the price though, I skimmed that article looking for a dollar sign and the $9.99 threw me for a loop for a millisecond. :lol

Yeah, I think they messed up with the PS3 price (among other things about that version). I paid $20 for it on day one when I got the 360 version, and if I buy it again I'd like to pay that same price.

I'd recommend anyone picking it up to play on the easy difficulty. No reason to make the combat portions more time-consuming than they need to be.

HoosTrax

Welp, it's been a nice run. I have to pay taxes on Amazon purchases now. I'm not sure whether to be more annoyed at Amazon for opening up distro in VA, or the state for taxing local internet purchases. Almost $10 in taxes. On my textbooks of all things -- seriously eff you.

There's still GMG, GG, and NewEgg.

Tizoc

The price will be announced closer to release.

Edit: The US RRP of the PS3 version is $40, so I'd expect $30, presumably with an early bird discount.

i'LL bite @ 30, especially if there's a discount, but I do hope it's releasing in October =X

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Welp, it's been a nice run. I have to pay taxes on Amazon purchases now. I'm not sure whether to be more annoyed at Amazon for opening up distro in VA, or the state for taxing local internet purchases. Almost $10 in taxes. On my textbooks of all things -- seriously eff you.

This really sucks. I've gotten all of my orders delivered way ahead of schedule since they opened a warehouse a few minutes from my apartment. Most things come in the day after I order them.

What school are you going to?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Connecticut is so small and there is a shipping center in MA so I'm really counting on my tax free life lasting a good while more.

HoosTrax

This really sucks. I've gotten all of my orders delivered way ahead of schedule since they opened a warehouse a few minutes from my apartment. Most things come in the day after I order them.

What school are you going to?
I go to Johns Hopkins (part time, grad school). I live right on the edge of MD-VA. Technically speaking, I shouldn't be complaining too much in this instance since my company pays all of these expenses, but it's the principle of the thing, that my useless state is taxing this stuff and probably mis-spending the money anyway. If I were a broke-ass college kid, it'd be kind of outrageous to be honest.

As it is, I'm shopping around at Half.com to see if I can bypass the sales tax. I wish Amazon would put their foot down and refuse to do business in any state that has it.

Also, I should point out that the purpose of the "Amazon Tax" is to make brick and mortar more competitive. I kind of doubt that's going to be the actual effect...I mean, like I can actually buy PC games and textbooks in any old retail store?

HoosTrax

This brings up another issue. They say that they want to tax companies that have a so-called "physical presence" in the state in question. So what about states like VA where Valve owns CDN networks like the one in Dulles. If the state ever finds out how much dough Valve is raking in, can a Steam tax be far behind...

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I go to Johns Hopkins (part time, grad school). I live right on the edge of MD-VA. Technically speaking, I shouldn't be complaining too much in this instance since my company pays all of these expenses, but it's the principle of the thing, that my useless state is taxing this stuff and probably mis-spending the money anyway. If I were a broke-ass college kid, it'd be kind of outrageous to be honest.

Ah, I thought your username meant you were a UVA student. I grew up in Charlottesville, currently living about 10 minutes from Richmond.

Jawmuncher

I didnt want to make a new thread so I thought of ask here. I'm in the market for laptop. Nothing fancy basically just want to play the likes of stuff on GOG and perhaps titles no more graphically than Half Life 2.

Anyway I found this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834200780

I can get it for 300 (rather than the 400 msrp) at my local store new. Will this laptop do the job I want it to?
(Also how much of a problem
Is windows 8 with older titles)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I love how I managed to turn some friends and acquaintances who always used to pirate everything into Steam purchasers. Just 15 minutes ago a coworker was telling me that it was a shame Humble Bundle hasn't released any new bundles lately, and regretting not buying the Deep Silver one that came with Saints Row 3. And yesterday a friend asked me to buy Surgeon Simulator 2013 for him (he'd give me the money later).

So yeah, it's amazing what good prices can achieve.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yes but you need to get the GAF Mod installed fellow GAFfer. It's the only way to have these fine members on the game.

Or, you just select and type the name you want for them :p
That sounds like a great tag: "Fine member".

And it can work both as a compliment and insult: "Fine member" vs "Fine member".

mine would be the latter :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I didnt want to make a new thread so I thought of ask here. I'm in the market for laptop. Nothing fancy basically just want to play the likes of stuff on GOG and perhaps titles no more graphically than Half Life 2.

Anyway I found this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834200780

I can get it for 300 (rather than the 400 msrp) at my local store new. Will this laptop do the job I want it to?
(Also how much of a problem
Is windows 8 with older titles)

That'd be fine for Source games and lesser titles, although I'll note that CS:S/GO do love higher-clocked CPUs. (This is presumably also true of L4D, given the number of infected the games like to throw at the player, but I can't say I've played much of them myself.)

Jawmuncher

That'd be fine for Source games and lesser titles, although I'll note that CS:S/GO do love higher-clocked CPUs. (This is presumably also true of L4D, given the number of infected the games like to throw at the player, but I can't say I've played much of them myself.)

Excellent. Yeah I won't be playing anything to recent like L4D and CSGO, so it looks like I'm in the clear thankfully. Thanks for the heads up!

dream

I have to know...why does The_Monk call everyone "fellow GAFfer?" Is it some kind of inside joke? Or is he just incredibly polite and believes in the power of camaraderie?

oipic

I have to know...why does The_Monk call everyone "fellow GAFfer?" Is it some kind of inside joke? Or is he just incredibly polite and believes in the power of camaraderie?

Most unequivocally the latter - our dear Monk is the epitome of fine manners, respect and courtesy, and espouses a true sense of SteamGAF community spirit. Monk provides the positive cheer that cancels out the snark that hits the thread from time to time... so nope, no joke, he is merely being a gentleman. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom