• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they saying they're gonna make Rebirth accesible? I picked up X3:TC ages ago and tried to get into it but it was just way too thick for me to cut all the way into. If Rebirth is actually accessible i might have to pick it up.

I miss space games and would love to sink into the void and just get lost in space but i don't want to have to make it a second job just to get there.

Apparently it is going to be a lot easier to get into....but yeah, time will tell how that all plays out.

I really hope it is, because the series has always been at or near the top of my "I want to love, but..." list.

It still blows my mind that we don't have a proper current x-wing or tie-fighter game. They were just so damn amazing you know that they would just go nuts sales wise.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
icQeICACwsHA4.PNG

fast version cuz I'm bored

not so dark, but still gross

Thanks, but I just went the lazy "Auto levels" route in Fireworks. ;) Yours is a little less dark, though.

Yeah but then I really would need a second job ;)

You'd also need to wait for it to actually come out. :p

Mark of the Ninja is great, GAF was right.

I'm not a fan of stealth games, but this one has something special, only did the first level so far, but it's awesome, and the videos are incredible, I'd watch a cartoon show like that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'm not a fan of stealth games, but this one has something special, only did the first level so far, but it's awesome, and the videos are incredible, I'd watch a cartoon show like that.

Mark of the Ninja is another game I need to get back to. I think I'll wait for the DLC to go on sale before finishing it off, though.

Arthea

It is great, surprisingly so. I think it makes better game than it would make cartoon though (><)

The_Monk

It'll work out. I've got this.

You've been doing OKAY so far, fellow GAFfer. ;)

Have you completed the game before? I got 3 hours in and then lost my save my first run through. I'm 9 hours into my second run which was kind of refreshing knowing better how to spec my party. I am awful at these types of games so I have found it quite difficult. I got distracted and haven't played it in a few months. Hopefully I can motivate myself to continue it. Even without beating it, I definitely will say that this game holds a special place in my heart. There are few things as satisfying as finding a secret and hearing the little chime.

I haven't completed the game, at the start I was having some difficulty (I'm also bad at this game) hence why I started over. The game is actually fun to play. I'm guessing lot's of peopel have it and don't care about it or the Backlog is too big. I sure can relate but I've been wanting to give it another try, shame that I've been so tired lately.

Good luck in case you decided to get back at it fellow GAFfer!

Nillansan

I haven't completed the game, at the start I was having some difficulty (I'm also bad at this game) hence why I started over. The game is actually fun to play. I'm guessing lot's of peopel have it and don't care about it or the Backlog is too big. I sure can relate but I've been wanting to give it another try, shame that I've been so tired lately.

I really enjoyed the time I spent on Legend of Grimrock, it took me around 50 hours to complete it on the hard difficulty settings, luckily I didn't enable Old School mode (which will disable the auto-mapping functionality) as the hard difficulty setting proved to provide more than enough challenge.

It is a very enjoyable experience, but I would personally recommend that you have another game at hand to break it up a little, preferably something that doesn't resemble LoG in the slightest.

I am currently playing the game too and yeah, the first level is quite good but it seems to get constantly shittier. I don't want to ruin your experience with my negativity, I'll spoiler them instead.

I am nearing the end and the game is not that stealthy, just streamlined with a good case of random (I am playing no kill, no alert game). Of course YMMV if you don't care about those things.

And the fact the game has like 3 songs and 2 voice actors gets rather tiresome quickly. Also: random checkpoints that are sure to fuck you up if you press "restart from checkpoint" at the wrong spot. I don't care for the cutscenes either, yeah they look like a cartoon but in that 2000's morning cartoon that I don't care at all.

The_Monk

It is a very enjoyable experience, but I would personally recommend that you have another game at hand to break it up a little, preferably something that doesn't resemble LoG in the slightest.

Thank you fellow GAFfer. I really agree with what you said here.

I've been very tired lately and with a bit less of time and when I decide to hop on Steam to see what to play I ended up staring at my Library/Backlog for some time then I look at my Wishlist and say: "Hmm, that one would be nice to play right now but not at that price"

...Then I hop on GAF.

Arthea

I don't see Microsoft releasing Halo on Steam without Halo 3, but in the case of Gears and Viva Pinata, it's just a matter of ditching GFWL for Steamworks.

Don't hate me, I would take Viva Pinata over Gears and Halo combined. (><)
I've played first Gears game, wasn't impressed, not sure why I've never gotten around to playing any Halo for any significant amount of time (><)

Arthea

Any of you remember, some time ago Microsoft was saying that they'll make Xbox360 (retail) games playable on PC (some kind of emulation, mb? don't really remember). They didn't mean via steam, did they?
Because at that time I got impression you don't have to rebuy them. Can't remember exactly how that was supposed to work.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright my good fellow GAFfers, decided to start fresh (again) on Legend of Grimrock. Wish my luck!

Here's my gang for now:

cxwIO1F.png
jHPJ2B4.png
XY3uCrp.png

If this does not work I'm just going back to Organ Trail (play this game, good people) with a different GAF-Crew.
Hahaha, how did I miss this? Amazing! Please tell me I didn't ruin your day this time, I tend to have a habit of sitting on tires :p

Today I learned I have less health than Todd and less energy than DukeBobby. I'll never make it to GAF dictator like this...

derExperte

don't be so sure! (><)

I'll keep doing my thing and promoting cheap games.
DLC Quest this time. The game is really easy and short, kinda relaxing even, but it is fun, lighthearted parody on gaming. I smiled most of the time. As a game is cheap, you most likely all have it, just play it! You'll spend may be hour of your time, but you will be entertained I promise, it's funny.

coupons are still for grabs if anybody want them (again much later today, I'm at work now)

I got 2hrs out of DLC Quest which is perfect and maybe you missed it but after you complete the normal game there's another short quest.

Also I added you on Steam for one or two of those coupons.

Over 70K on Rome 2 already. Must be some good sales for CA. Is the usual rule of thumb about 10:1 total bought: concurrent users for early peaks?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Over 70K on Rome 2 already. Must be some good sales for CA. Is the usual rule of thumb about 10:1 total bought: concurrent users for early peaks?

Yeah, the Red Orchestra devs said you could generally multiply the concurrent by 10 to get a rough estimate of the unique daily players.

Is there a way to reset any steam organization folders you've created for your game library? Last night I made like 15 sub-categories before realizing steam always shows them at once at launch(instead of keeping them minimized) which is horrible so I'd rather the game library just show all games at once in that case. Really don't want to have to remove them one by one though.

Also: ROME II!

I use depressurizer for managing my categories. You should be able to delete every category you have using this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom