• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retne

The game? It's showing up in search results for me.

It doesn't seem to show up in auto-complete which may be where it's throwing some people off.

I also know it didn't earlier but it may not have been on steam at all at the time. I searched for it when Brad talked about it on the bombcast but I got nothing back from the search then.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This would be super sweet if they add some kind of affiliation program (like Amazon Affiliates), where like if someone buy a game through a widget I embedded somewhere, I get a share of the price.

As I have a videogaming blog with a lot of readers switching now to PC gaming and Steam, it would be perfect! :D

This sounds like a layer of hell not even Dante could have imagined.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
iqOP3wz2FyLno.jpg

christ almighty, finally.

dat rng. dat red reef farming.

iC7iADzzre5xa.gif

Retne

@Fuu: Aw man I'm jealous. My save got eaten somewhere down the line so I stopped caring but I was grinding Faerie Solitaire for ages trying to get all the eggs. Also it made for a great "I need to think about stuff" game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
@Fuu: Aw man I'm jealous. My save got eaten somewhere down the line so I stopped caring but I was grinding Faerie Solitaire for ages trying to get all the eggs. Also it made for a great "I need to think about stuff" game.
That sucks about the save. :( I still needed the last two prismatic eggs and stopped obsessing about them for a while, but for some reason felt like trying again today. I was about to throw the towel in once more when I suddenly got the penultimate one, then I couldn't stop. Replaying Red Reef in quickplay mode definitely seems to be the best way to go about it since it's the stage with most stacks and it's a fast one too. I'm evolving this sucker right now so I can get the last achievement.

Grief.exe

I'm just letting you guys know you are all awesome.

When I graduate next year and have some disposable income, I am planning on checking out wish lists and getting people games.
Those that have positively contributed to the PC community on GAF, that have been selfless and given away games on Modbot, and those that I have received gifts from.

maty

If you check the community hub there is a save file lying around which has all eggs but the last 2. It also unlocks all other achievements except the last ones, just so you know.
It was posted by the dev itself since having your save file disappear is quite common.
I was about to finish when mine was gone. So I had to wait for the last egg to appear again.

That sucks about the save. :( I still needed the last two prismatic eggs and stopped obsessing about them for a while, but for some reason felt like trying again today. I was about to throw the towel in once more when I suddenly got the penultimate one, then I couldn't stop. Replaying Red Reef in quickplay mode definitely seems to be the best way to go about it since it's the stage with most stacks and it's a fast one too. I'm evolving this sucker right now so I can get the last achievement.

Grats man, waiting for that last egg was a pain in the ass xD

When I graduate next year and have some disposable income, I am planning on checking out wish lists and getting people games.
Those that have positively contributed to the PC community on GAF, that have been selfless and given away games on Modbot, and those that I have received gifts from.

Generosity really is a thing that warms the heart.

Copons

please no never

This sounds like a layer of hell not even Dante could have imagined.

Ahaha, it seems this is not liked as I expected!

But seriously, why?

While I'm perfectly fine linking or suggesting, I think a widget containing a price and a direct link to the store lies just in the (at least for me) grey area of free advertisment.
I love Steam, but I don't love free ads.

I can imagine that the biggest fear would be something like forums flooded by Steam widgets, but still, it would be perfectly doable for Valve to implement a system that just doesn't accept a simple direct link, but only those coming from their actual iframes, "blocking" simple links (as forums generally don't accept iframes in posts).

This way, if EviLore, or me on my blog, or IGN, would like to embed the widget, they'd be perfectly fine doing this, while for simple users on sites they don't own it wouldn't be allowed.

javadots is first on the list, right??

Was this already posted? Free Steam key for Zeno Clash and 33% off coupon for Zeno Clash II.

Great deal, Zeno Clash 2 is one of my favourite games of 2013 if it's not immediately obvious. Most imaginative world I've ever seen in a game with the combination of the best first person melee system.

ibfM87vfp1I7RO.gif

itf08BnKooBPD.gif

Vecks

New Weeklong Deals:

Star Trek
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
Chrome
Chrome-Specforce
Shad'O
Unmechanical
Postal
Postal 2
The 39 Steps
Fireburst
Deep Black Reloaded

EDIT: Good lord I've been beaten by 24 hours. I have no excuse for that complete lack of awareness. :p

lol, I was just checking for the weeklong deals. This week feels totally off.

Wok

Alienware for the win.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Zeno Clash -- MB-EC685382E44DF971

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is the Alienware site running like shit for anyone else? Keep getting 503 errors with Internet Explorer, and I can't even get the site to load with Chrome.

I logged in and it said my wait time should be about 5 minutes, but I still didn't get any key. :(

Site is probably being ddosed to hell.

rybrad

Is the Alienware site running like shit for anyone else? Keep getting 503 errors with Internet Explorer, and I can't even get the site to load with Chrome.
Probably just because so many people hitting it trying to get a free game, this happens a lot when other sites give out free games too. Glad I got my key before posting at least!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have to know...why does The_Monk call everyone "fellow GAFfer?" Is it some kind of inside joke? Or is he just incredibly polite and believes in the power of camaraderie?
Monk puts the "team" in "Steam". He puts the "unity" in "community". He "cements" the discussions and "announcements".

But most of all, he's a good guy. And he's not the only one.

FAKE EDIT: Stallion is banned? What happened?

You know how bad the sales thread got when even The Monk got frustrated with people.
Those were dark days indeed. Let's leave them behind, way behind...

DukeBobby

The first 25-30% of Last Light has too much hand holding, but once the training wheels come off, it turns into a fantastic game.

It is one of the most atmospheric games I've ever played. Some of the outdoor environments are just...wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom