• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Welp, it's been a nice run. I have to pay taxes on Amazon purchases now. I'm not sure whether to be more annoyed at Amazon for opening up distro in VA, or the state for taxing local internet purchases. Almost $10 in taxes. On my textbooks of all things -- seriously eff you.

There's still GMG, GG, and NewEgg.

Won't 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043 do for non-RL (Steam, etc) purchases? Or is that something IRS might be interested in?

I'm not even embarrassed to say that I really enjoyed Viva Pinata PC (although I feel like it's a bit of a hassle to get the game running these days because it forces a patch over GFWL). Very charming game, and it's got a vaguely Pokemon-ish appeal to it. It probably still looks really lush and eye candyish (literally), even today.

I would love a GFWL free version of Viva Pinata. I'd buy that in less than a heartbeat.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
...now i've got to re-install Viva Pinata, dagnabbit.
Love that game. :)

I won't give up the hope for a Trouble in Paradise port. Stranger things have happened! Can't think of any a.t.m, but they have.

I have to know...why does The_Monk call everyone "fellow GAFfer?" Is it some kind of inside joke? Or is he just incredibly polite and believes in the power of camaraderie?

Just a genuinely nice guy all around.

Edit:
And I agree with Ledsen, that should be Monk's tag.

Most unequivocally the latter - our dear Monk is the epitome of fine manners, respect and courtesy, and espouses a true sense of SteamGAF community spirit. Monk provides the positive cheer that cancels out the snark that hits the thread from time to time... so nope, no joke, he is merely being a gentleman. :)

Every once in a while he says he's going offline for a few days to "go help a friend"... at those times I can't help but imagine he's off somewhere doing humanitarian aid in a refugee camp or something. Nicest guy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
BUY!BUY!BUY!

Btw, are the DLC/season pass on sale?

Not at the moment, but it's not entirely uncommon for this to be a mistake that is later corrected.

Edit: Ah, a new piece of DLC released today. From what I've gathered, this automatically prevents the discount from being applied to anything but the base game and the publisher has to give the green light for the older DLC to be reduced.

Nabs

I was excited to hear Stallions thoughts on this. He would have probably had some nice shots as well:

Check the new share options on the store page.

Addnan

I was excited to hear Stallions thoughts on this. He would have probably had some nice shots as well:

Requires a controller to play. Is there something about the gameplay that would be impossible with keyboard/mouse?

Playing it with a keyboard and mouse would do a disservice to the gameplay.

You need to play it on a controller. Each stick controls one brother. You'd lose a lot of the experience by faking out the control scheme.

Not super surprised. It uses the two analogue sticks at the same time for each character's movement. What would be the alternative, WASD and arrows at the same time?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Brothers is just under $9 in Rubleland. Hopefully I can find someone selling it for 5 keys.

Jawmuncher

Requires a controller to play. Is there something about the gameplay that would be impossible with keyboard/mouse?

The game requires 2 analogs for character movement.
Im guessing either laziness or playtesting with that sort of setup with just the keyboard just wasnt working well. Since i'm imagining using bother just the keyboard would have been a pain in the ass. Can't think of how it would work with the mouse

vermadas

I've played the XBLA version of Brothers. Yes, it requires a controller for good reason. It's hard to elaborate without spoiling anything, but the amount of impact the game has would be greatly lessened if you didn't play through it with a symmetrical input device. I.e. an analog stick and a trigger for each hand.

Copons

This would be super sweet if they add some kind of affiliation program (like Amazon Affiliates), where like if someone buy a game through a widget I embedded somewhere, I get a share of the price.

As I have a videogaming blog with a lot of readers switching now to PC gaming and Steam, it would be perfect! :D

New Weeklong Deals:

Star Trek
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
Chrome
Chrome-Specforce
Shad'O
Unmechanical
Postal
Postal 2
The 39 Steps
Fireburst
Deep Black Reloaded

EDIT: Good lord I've been beaten by 24 hours. I have no excuse for that complete lack of awareness. :p

This would be super sweet if they add some kind of affiliation program (like Amazon Affiliates), where like if someone buy a game through a widget I embedded somewhere, I get a share of the price.

As I have a videogaming blog with a lot of readers switching now to PC gaming and Steam, it would be perfect! :D

please no never

Alright my good fellow GAFfers, decided to start fresh (again) on Legend of Grimrock. Wish my luck!

Here's my gang for now:

cxwIO1F.png
jHPJ2B4.png
XY3uCrp.png

If this does not work I'm just going back to Organ Trail (play this game, good people) with a different GAF-Crew.
This reminds me that I still have the game installed on my system but barely played it!
Next week it will be! Maybe.

Phinor

Metro: Last Light for 20€ is a bit much still but 5-6 keys for a ROW version sounds excellent. I might have to do some shady key business.

hlhbk

Hmm I see the steam store site but you can't find it when searching via the client?

nexen

Just finished Binary Domain.

I loved it. The ending side switching got goofy as all hell, as did the plot, but overall it was an extremely entertaining, ambitious game with heart to spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom