• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

My main bugbear with Uplay is that if I launch a game from steam it does not launch the game instead it launches the damn Uplay launcher and I have to launch the game from that thing.

Since an update a few months ago Uplay starts the game automatically. You only have to close the client afterwards.

duppolo

metro is so good! when i play stalker or this kind of atmospheric game i really think half life is very good, but too much loved...and i liek half life very much

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Still 16 hours until Outlast unlocks. If they would just let me preload and unlock it at midnight (est or pst), I'd be able to play some tonight. This is butt.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
You'd probably only play 30 minutes of it, if it was release tonight.

I'd do the same.

I'm on night shift tomorrow, so I have to stay up until sunrise at the earliest. I've been up since 5:00 AM, and horror games are better than coffee for keeping me up. Outlast would be perfect for tonight.

sibarraz

Banned
I had dropped 5 foils, the first ones where in shogun 2, in the middle of the summer sale. What was funny is that I dropped 2 consecutive foils, with each one being worth of 1 dollar to me. Then I dropped another one in awesomenauts which didn't sell for that much, but well, at this point 30 cents is better than 7. Then I got the best drop ever, I decided to complete the badge from the summer sale and my last card drop was a tomb raider one, I got 2 dollars for it. And recently I got a foil from guncraft, I got 35 cents for it

I'm amazed that dota 2 foils are still valuable, they are at the 2 dollars range, I would have thought than those would have tanked a long time ago like the one from team fortress

Exuro

I had dropped 5 foils

The first ones where in shogun 2, in the middle of the summer sale. What was funny is that I dropped 2 consecutive foils, with each one being worth of 1 dollar to me

Then I dropped another one in awesomenauts which didn't sell for that much, but well, at this point 30 cents is better than 7.

Then I got the best drop ever, I decided to complete the badge from the summer sale and my last card drop was a tomb raider one, I got 2 dollars for it

And recently I got a foil from guncraft, I got 35 cents for it
Not to brag(I'm bragging), but I got a Toki Tori foil and sold it for $8.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
iqOP3wz2FyLno.jpg

christ almighty, finally.

dat rng. dat red reef farming.

iC7iADzzre5xa.gif

What game is this?

For whatever reason, at least on my end at least, 1080P in Rayman Legends is locked at 50 FPS. Of course I'm playing at 3200x1800 so it doesn't matter *dances*

Need to get those headphones I was looking at fast, can't use anything above 3200x1800 at the moment because it cuts sound due to I imagine not having enough power to provide both audio and video. I can't pretend to know how the particulars work but that's what happens at every game above the aforementioned resolution without headphones or a headset.

maneil99

Ugh, how could rome 2 run so bad while looking so bad compared to shogun 2, will come back to in it a few months. When a 780/3570k @ 4.6 gets 3-4 fps at 1080p somethings wrong compared to 40-70 fps in battles in shogun 2

Ugh, how could rome 2 run so bad while looking so bad compared to shogun 2, will come back to in it a few months. When a 780/3570k @ 4.6 gets 3-4 fps at 1080p somethings wrong compared to 40-70 fps in battles in shogun 2
Rome 2 is shit performance wise, wait for new patch or driver.

DukeBobby

I have to say Lords of Shadow held up really well, still a great game. Made even better with 60fps and I'm pretty sure it got some better textures too. I don't remember some of the areas having such sharp textures on PS3.

I was not pleased with the DLC though. First time I got to play them and they're too short, not very fun and the part of the ending of the main game that they explained in the first DLC was pretty lame. The boss fight was kind of a pain in the ass too. Why make part of the fight require you to jump and hit a spot when there's no aerial dodge or block in the combat system? It means I have to hit the guy 1 or 2 times in a row before I have to land and dodge his next 6 attacks. Frustrating to say the least.

I really want to buy this, but I just can't justify paying full price, especially with GTA V just around the corner. It's great to hear that it's a good port, though.

Also, glad to see you back so soon. You should try Splinter Cell: Blacklist sometime; it's actually pretty good. It turns out that the franchise is not dead after all.

Rayman Legends is still gorgeous but I'm not sure how it compares with Origins yet, not really sure how to explain it but it almost feels a bit cheap in comparison. I mean the lighting been improved and there are some wonderful new stages but the actual art doesn't seem as great. Think it might just be one of those things where the first game was so stunning in that aspect that even an equal project wouldn't have quite the same impact. And honestly, the 3D elements aren't quite grabbing me. The dragon just flat out looks cheap.

Trogdor1123

hmmm... steam is down for me now. I hate DD for this very reason. Was goiong to play skyrim and now i cant cause the service is down. Any way around it?

Derrick01

Banned
I really want to buy this, but I just can't justify paying full price, especially with GTA V just around the corner. It's great to hear that it's a good port, though.

Also, glad to see you back so soon. You should try Splinter Cell: Blacklist sometime; it's actually pretty good. It turns out that the franchise is not dead after all.

There's not a chance in hell I'm playing that inevitable disappointment until it gets a steep price cut
so 3 months or so

I've got most of my money tied up into PS4 and there's like 7 games I still want this Fall that aren't paid off yet. In fact I'm almost relieved to hear Rome 2 kinda sucks right now so I feel better about not spending $60 for it. Will wait for a sale and a few patches on that one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Their site update hasn't the best.

Isthereanydeal.com has been awesome for me.

Yeah, I don't actually use CAG to scout for deals. ITAD is great for the simple fact that you can automatically add your Steam library to the site and hide deals for games you already own.

Grief.exe

Don't get too excited. With the way my bans are progressing I'll be gone for giving someone a :mad: face in a few days.

Yeah I'm a bit salty.

Stay out of the next-gen console threads.

You will lower your blood pressure and you won't be banned.

If I had a nickel for every blood vessel I popped when I see people post, "PCs are going to need 5GB of VRAM to even come close to the PS4."

Derrick01

Banned

If I had a nickel for every blood vessel I popped when I see people post, "PCs are going to need 5GB of VRAM to even come close to the PS4."

It's hard not to get caught up in it a little bit I guess. It was really tough watching the real mess unfold on here during my 4 month break, when the Xbox reveal and E3 happened. I won't lie I went like 2 weeks not even looking at Gaf at all until it felt like things settled down here. So much misinformation and trolling...makes me glad I didn't really read forums at all during the previous generational shift.

DocSeuss

If I hadn't recognized your avatar through the red haze of my rage, they wouldn't have found you dismembered in a dumpster.

Because you and I would be having a little weekend at Bernie's.

But, no, in all seriousness, Derrick, listen to Grief.exe.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, does anyone remember how I said last night (or the night before, can't remember) that Dust was much better than I first thought? Well, it still keeps getting better and better.

Seriously, I kinda feel ashamed (not really) for thinking that I'm beginning to like the characters and care for them, when at first I disliked them (they seemed SO silly) and the voice acting. So yeah, this is a really great game and totally grew on me. Don't know if I'll go for 100% completion, but I'd like to at some point.

Don't get too excited. With the way my bans are progressing I'll be gone for giving someone a :mad: face in a few days.

Yeah I'm a bit salty.
Don't be a fool, man. We (or at least I) don't want you permed, so try to be more careful next time. Even if it means avoiding posting in some potentially dangerous threads :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom