• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Thank goodness for gog.

image.php

Megasoum

Banned
I don't get this hate for uPlay. Out of all the extraneous client stuff it is the least annoying of them all imo. against gfwl, origin etc.

Hell, their optional reward system for achievements is pretty neat. 17k free lums in Rayman Legends, can't argue with that.

Totally agree... And I would say the same for Origin too. It's kinda useless and I would take steam over it anyday but it's innofensive.

G4WL really was terrible tho.

Kifimbo

People really missed a big achievement this past week. A Ubisoft game was actually released on PC alongside the other versions. You know, the same day !

I don't get this hate for uPlay. Out of all the extraneous client stuff it is the least annoying of them all imo. against gfwl, origin etc.

Hell, their optional reward system for achievements is pretty neat. 17k free lums in Rayman Legends, can't argue with that.

My main bugbear with Uplay is that if I launch a game from steam it does not launch the game instead it launches the damn Uplay launcher and I have to launch the game from that thing.

May not seem like a deal breaker but I usually launch a game then nip off to the loo or get a drink so when I get back the game is loaded. However with the Uplay crap I launch a game from steam and when I come back I find I have to launch the damn game from Uplay.

As such I make it a practice to NOT buy Ubisoft games anymore

Chronoja

My main bugbear with Uplay is that if I launch a game from steam it does not launch the game instead it launches the damn Uplay launcher and I have to launch the game from that thing.

May not seem like a deal breaker but I usually launch a game then nip off to the loo or get a drink so when I get back the game is loaded. However with the Uplay crap I launch a game from steam and when I come back I find I have to launch the damn game from Uplay.

As such I make it a practice to NOT buy Ubisoft games anymore

To be fair, I haven't interacted with it that much, I think only Assassin's Creed 2 and recently Rayman Legends, but there was no real grievances on either occasion. The fact that Rayman Legends, every launch past the first while it opens uPlay, completely skips all interaction with it and jumps you right into the game, you barely even see uPlay before it's gone.

Overall though I do understand your reasons for not wanting to use it, but would that position change if, like Rayman Legends, uPlay jumped you straight into every game directly at launch? (I'm not trying to sway your opinion, just curious).

Looks like they fixed the Zeno Clash thing, I got the 33% off coupon but no copy of Zeno Clash. Waste of time basically.

Edit: Store page says I own it, but it's not in my library.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I need my civ 5 injection of false sense of achievement.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
How some of you made it through the PSN network's downtime after being hacked, I'll never know.

Overall though I do understand your reasons for not wanting to use it, but would that position change if, like Rayman Legends, uPlay jumped you straight into every game directly at launch? (I'm not trying to sway your opinion, just curious).

Whilst I am not a big fan of additional DRM clients I appreciate the ship has sailed on that battle (Uplay and Origin are here to stay unfortunately). However if I am going to be forced to use these clients then I don't want to have to interact with them unless I want too. If I launch a game from Steam I expect the game to launch. If Uplay started up and automatically launched the game I would find that "acceptable". It would be a nice bonus if Uplay and other clients were to close down once I have finished playing the game as well (something that probably will not happen).

The last game I bought from Ubisoft was Farcry 3 I think I played it twice, the second time I thought "sod this" and never touched it again because of having to use the damn Uplay launcher. Now Ubisoft may have changed it since Farcry 3 I dunno, but I don't want to risk wasting my money till I know for sure.

Bummer, the uplay unlockables for Rayman Legends are just lums(5000, 7000, and 1000). Haven't started yet but I suppose you use them for more characters?

Derrick01

Banned
I have to say Lords of Shadow held up really well, still a great game. Made even better with 60fps and I'm pretty sure it got some better textures too. I don't remember some of the areas having such sharp textures on PS3.

I was not pleased with the DLC though. First time I got to play them and they're too short, not very fun and the part of the ending of the main game that they explained in the first DLC was pretty lame. The boss fight was kind of a pain in the ass too. Why make part of the fight require you to jump and hit a spot when there's no aerial dodge or block in the combat system? It means I have to hit the guy 1 or 2 times in a row before I have to land and dodge his next 6 attacks. Frustrating to say the least.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Bummer, the uplay unlockables for Rayman Legends are just lums(5000, 7000, and 1000). Haven't started yet but I suppose you use them for more characters?

wow good thing the game requires uplay, i'm so glad steam is getting more competition that are going to force them to innovate on featureset.

Chronoja

Bummer, the uplay unlockables for Rayman Legends are just lums(5000, 7000, and 10,000(fixed)). Haven't started yet but I suppose you use them for more characters?

Pretty much. Considering most / all of them are just reskins of the teensies, globox and rayman, and the highest unlock is at 1 million lums, the rewards are pretty much a drop in the proverbial ocean. Still every little helps I guess if you were aiming to get that many.

Pretty much. Considering most / all of them are just reskins of the teensies, globox and rayman, and the highest unlock is at 1 million lums, the rewards are pretty much a drop in the proverbial ocean. Still every little helps I guess if you were aiming to get that many.

1269259657_omg_cat.gif

Is there a way to map screenshots to a controller on steam without using the awful big picture mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom