• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

maty

Although the presentation is very nice, the game felt very sterile to me. Like I was playing a well designed Flash game. I would have appreciated some depth, simple AI for the monsters, more than just block puzzles everywhere, and a more open world.. but perhaps I need to give it another shot?

I know what you mean, improved AI on enemies or simply more challenging patterns would have made the game better. And even if puzzles are mostly about pushing block I still found them more interesting than the last zelda puzzles, in fact I don't think I've found any Zelda puzzle very difficult (including pre 3D)

Like I said it's a Zelda-lite game. Also since exploration isn't the purpose of the game an open world wouldn't make much sense imo.

Of course, in the overall package Ittle dew is going to end up short, but I still found it enjoyable.

Retne

I have a question, if a friend were to buy Brave New World to play with us, can he buy the game download code from America? (Amazon.com) and activate it on steam, even though we're in the UK? Thanks guys!

It should work just fine. If I remember right Civ V and it's expansions aren't region locked. You might want to check and make sure before he pulls the trigger though.

The_Monk

Certainly Australia seems very strict on anything online and chance related. Anything I see is at least forced to specify the actual odds of winning.

Even if there are no regulation issues, I wonder if there are any restrictions or flagging processes on Valve's side. It may seem like a silly thing to say, but with linked credit cards I could really see somebody getting addicted and racking up a huge bill chasing a rare drop or even :weed:

It's not silly at all, I get what you are saying, but, on the other side it's money they (Valve) are making and it's still a business. I'm all for social responsibility and I can see many people spending more money than they should (kids are a big concern indeed). I would say: their money, their decisions but the fact that it can be addicting for those people it's the concern because they may not be thinking because, well, it's an addiction.

I remember some US GAFfers saying that after an "x" number of cards sold they had to fill a form. Aside of that I'm not seeing Valve putting some restriction on this, but you sure did make a valid concern in my opinion good sir.

Grief.exe

...I guess I will start over. You see, people started talking and Grief was right next to you, you were so pale and strange that you ended passing out. You didn't feel a thing, I can promise you that. But the rest of the crew was already paying the price.

Also, fellow GAFfer oipic is getting sick I believe, the morale is down. I'm so sorry good sir, I'm so sorry....

hfLejBRl.png

:(

Wait Monk, what's going on? I think I missed something.

It's not silly at all, I get what you are saying, but, on the other side it's money they (Valve) are making and it's still a business. I'm all for social responsibility and I can see many people spending more money than they should (kids are a big concern indeed). I would say: their money, their decisions but the fact that it can be addicting for those people it's the concern because they may not be thinking because, well, it's an addiction.

I remember some US GAFfers saying that after an "x" number of cards sold they had to fill a form. Aside of that I'm not seeing Valve putting some restriction on this, but you sure did make a valid concern in my opinion good sir.

Look up a game called Smurf's village if you want to see exactly what you are describing

Remember when I said I would give away those other games last?

I lied.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

The Last Remnant -- MB-64C84A9B519737E4 - Taken by Cru
Deus Ex: Human Revolution -- MB-058F3894B5BE90F9 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Just Cause 2 -- MB-0D3796F2E2F7928D - Taken by creamsugar
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-375BE5C46F5C51FF - Taken by PetriP-TNT
Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC -- MB-69BD8CCEE73ADD1B - Taken by gabbo

Glix

Speaking of booster foil chances, I got a weapon case in CS:GO.

Normally I would have sold it for the ~0.80 but I had never opened one so thought "why not?"

So I spent the $2.50 or whatever to get a key... And got a gun worth about $0.04. I gambled, I lost.

Which raises the question. Is this really a form of gambling accessible to children? Has there been anything said about regulation issues?

Does Steam have parental controls? Any responsible parent would make sure their child does not have access to the payment method.

Hinomura

Hey, I won HITMAN!!! Thanks a ton charlequin!

To celebrate I'll tell you how I got all the Silent Assassin ranks in those snow/truck levels Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.

It's a secret

I ran through all the levels so fast that AI didn't have time to react

The_Monk

Wait Monk, what's going on? I think I missed something.

Look up a game called Smurf's village if you want to see exactly what you are describing

You are (erm, were, BUT I'm starting again) one of the Survivors on my way to the city in Organ Trail.

I have no idea what Smurf's Village is (Smurfs = those blue guys, perhaps?) but will search for it.

Remember when I said I would give away those other games last?

I lied.

Thank you for doing this kind fellow GAFfer. Very nice of you!

Needless sacrifice is what happened.

Good stories are being told about you in the camp near the fire good man.

Don't believe his lies. I got my first foil as the 247th (or 257th? something similar) card, then another one not very distant and no more foils, and I've passed the 500 cards...

He's lying or he doesn't know for sure or foil card dropping system is bugged.
That post is saying "a card drop has a 1 out of 100 chance of being a foil", not "you will get a foil once out of 100 card drops".

Hinomura

That post is saying "a card drop has a 1 out of 100 chance of being a foil", not "you will get a foil once out of 100 card drops".

But 2 foils out of 500+ is depressing :/

Edit: I know it's not one foil once you get 100 cards; but since some friends got a few foils over less than 100 cards, I thought the ratio was - at least - 1%

BorntoPlay

oh man cool giveaway, thanks

edit: I sent a PM for Just Cause 2 but for some reason all the other games have been edited out and not this one? What happened?

"If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway"

Acccent

Weird, dunno. Try again?

I just did, to no avail.

I think what happened - Stump would have to confirm - is that I sent the PM just a second too late, and no one else wanted Just Cause 2 apparently, so it just wasn't given to anyone...

edit:
"If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway"

Oh, that may be it... I won Splice on Saturday. Dunno how weeks are counted, but it's probably meant to be 'in the last 7 days'

But 2 foils out of 500+ is depressing :/

Edit: I know it's not one foil once you get 100 cards; but since some friends got a few foils over less than 100 cards, I thought the ratio was - at least - 1%
Speaking from experience, it's best to stop counting for your own sanity. I don't think I got a single foil during the entire beta period. And only two of the foils I've gotten have been worth more than $2.

duppolo

too much good game and with the key trade too cheap to buy...now im stresset by the amount of game i have begin without finish and with the many other game i want to buy..
...but any sales i cant say no. today i bought metro 1 and 2 for 7 keys and even if i dont even start them, im thinking of the season pass...thats not good for my nerves

maty

Speaking from experience, it's best to stop counting for your own sanity. I don't think I got a single foil during the entire beta period. And only two of the foils I've gotten have been worth more than $2.

Yeah, I had 120+ drops with 40 remaining, no foils yet :/

Hinomura

Oh well, I'm not counting, don't worry. I've just remembered the first foil was several cards after the "you're selling too much stuff on the market" warning on Steam, so I did check the card number counting the "item sold" emails from Steam. Probably a week or two week later I got the second foil, and now I've checked the total "item sold" emails out of curiosity.

Btw I got no foils in beta period too, and also the two foils I got had pratically no value lol :)

Momentary

Banned
Man... I beat Metro LL the other day and lemme tell you, it was so much of an improvement on the original. I couldn't believe how much more refined everything was. $20.00 is a more than a fair price.

Chronoja

Guess I'll go play on uPlay instead.

I don't get this hate for uPlay. Out of all the extraneous client stuff it is the least annoying of them all imo. against gfwl, origin etc.

Hell, their optional reward system for achievements is pretty neat. 17k free lums in Rayman Legends, can't argue with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom