• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

I e-mailed the publishers with info around my blog, statistics and why I wanted to review their games. Most of the pubs Im in contact with sends review copies to me simply because they want to support my blog (that's what they told me). I asked them nicely and I also wrote that they should consider the bigger websites and newspapers more than me since Im just a small blog.

I think I was also very lucky with my contacts. Sony, EA, Microsoft and CapCom/SEGA has been very nice to me and have helped me with stuff. They even sends their games aurtomatic (I have to send an e-mail to ask the others pubs for each game and crossing my fingers that they have some review copies left). Deep Silver/Koch Media says that my blog need to grow bigger if they are gonna send their games to me.

Nintendo took me about 2 months to get a deal with. In my country they said they usually don't support blogs, so I was simply lucky.

TL;DR: Be nice and have luck with the PR people you're contacting. Not every publisher is easy to work with and contact.

Thanks, that's what I've been wondering about. Doesn't sound half bad, actually.

You know, that may actually work*. Someone will see it for $20 and think it's too expensive, so he'll wait for a better price. Next day I increase it to $25, and he thinks "If I didn't buy it before, there's just no way I'll do it now. I'll wait for a better price". Next day, another $5 up. Same reasoning on his part, but a little less convinced. Fourth day and still no other copies of the card on the horizon, so when I put it for $40 he'll consider getting it then. So on the fifth day he'll cave in and pay the $60 I'm asking for it.

Right as I get the money in my Wallet, another card will pop up in the market, undercutting me by $58 (making it $2). I'll laugh, he'll cry and everyone will praise me as the Steam Market overlord.

I'd suggest $1 increase a day. (if it works, you owe me a game)

They really don't matter at all.
A friend of mine had a blog with like three authors and even less readers and still he received games from publishers. Sometimes, in case of really crappy games, they even asked him for a positive review to let him keep getting games...

One of the reasons I quit writing was because I was getting sick of being sent games.

So many of them were garbage....

This post contains a desura code for Knytt Underground.

Acorn

Does anyone know whats going on with the Directors Cut of Deus Ex:HR?

I haven't heard anything about it since they announced it was coming to pc a while back.

damaph

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Zeno Clash -- MB-6B8A829125A5686C - Taken by Sajjaja

Acorn

Steam forums are a den of spoilers whenever a new story based game is released. Pisses me off when I accidently hit the forum button.

Chronoja

Is MoW: Vietnam worth it if you have the other games? Do they have co-op like the first game? I was so frustrated about the difficulty of Red Tide :(

Most people will disagree, they shit all over Vietnam, it isn't without its issues, but I played it coop, while not as good as the original MoW in coop, it is certainly fun. There's much more emphasis on smaller squads, typically 4 units total. The friend I coop'd both Men of war and vietnam with are still looking for something that rivals them.

Tempted to grab Outlast but I have so much else to play. These past few weeks have really been absurd in terms of game releases. Keep saying I'm going to hold off until GTAV and then the new consoles but then something else comes out ;-;

Definitely going to have to pick up that Indie Gala bundle, Knytt Underground was not bad on Vita, and Saira and Musaic Box seem pretty interesting. Wish they weren't just adding bonuses to the BTA level though, none of the current BTA games interest me at all.

EDIT: I guess Afterfall doesn't look too bad, I think I was confusing it with something else.

Outlast plays just like Amnesia so far, solid mechanics, you run and hide and have to conserve your batteries. If you value horror games as high as me, you should already have this.

Kifimbo

Introducing Trade Offers
4 SEPTEMBER 2013 - THE GISH
Today we’re shipping a new feature we’re calling Trade Offers that allows you to send a prepackaged trade to a friend. It’s similar to regular trading, except you propose the items for both sides. You select the items you’re willing to give up from your inventory and what you’d like to receive from your friend, and send it off. Your friend will receive a notification in the green drop down and can then choose to accept, decline, or make a counter offer. Unlike regular Steam Trading, you don't need to both be online at the same time. Plus, trade offers can be sent and received using a web browser.

You can create an offer from a few places: from the Trade Offers page in your Inventory, from a friend’s Inventory, and from any of your badge pages you can send a friend a trade offer based on the trading cards you still need collect.

Here are a couple of frequently asked questions:

Who can I send an offer to?
Currently you can send trade offers to your friends, though we may expand this in the future. Note that trade offers respect Inventory privacy settings, so if your friend has their inventory set to “Private” you cannot send them a trade offer.

Can I send more than one offer with the same items?
Yes, you can send more than one offer containing the same items. When an offer is accepted any other pending offers with the same items will expire.

How long is a trade offer good for?
Trade offers automatically expire after 2 weeks. You can see the offer expiration date at the bottom of a pending offer. You can cancel any pending offers from the Trade Offers page.

Visit your Trade Offers page to try it out now or read more Frequently Asked Questions.

You can post your feedback on trade offers in this thread.

Looking at the current Be Mine bundle...is Pressure any good? Already have Spacechem and Swords and Soldiers not sure if I want to pay $5+ if Pressure isn't anything specal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom